TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 50
Page 50 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

Just a couple things I see that could use improvement to me - On the snotling, I think it could be lightened up a bit more on it's shoulders, top of the head, and right hand - to create more dynamic lighting on it. Also, the hair gets really dark and loses definition as it gets to the darker spots. I see the highlighting on the top shoulder looks good, then it gets into shadow and just looks way too dark. Also, are you going to paint in the eyes at some point?
    Looking good!
    My Rank -

I would go with trying for a black latex look on the dress and really sharply highlighted purple for the armor
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    Just a couple things I see that could use improvement to me - On the snotling, I think it could be lightened up a bit more on it's shoulders, top of the head, and right hand - to create more dynamic lighting on it. Also, the hair gets really dark and loses definition as it gets to the darker spots. I see the highlighting on the top shoulder looks good, then it gets into shadow and just looks way too dark. Also, are you going to paint in the eyes at some point?
    Looking good!
    Yeah - I fell into the same trap as I got on Krell's cloak. I'll fix it. Her eyes are actually yellow. The camera just isn't catching it.

And Mar - black latex on the skirt, with her already having black latex bodysuit?
    I'm digging the purple armor though.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Yup! I would go with a black skirt, maybe change the highlight colour slightly to a more blueish tone. And the add some freehand evil thorny wines around the front and bottom of the skirt.

Waiting on submission approval, then I'll put up a voting link. More exposition later. For now, pics!
    Name:  lhamf.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  319.7 KB
    Last edited by TrystanGST; 08-12-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Bravo! The green and red compliment each other very well. I think you did a hell of a job. Gunning for a daemon already

Moe

Pic no go big .
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

Yeah Emp - for some reason Photobucket shrunk the kids. I fixed it.

As for my monologue - I toyed with the idea of freehand, but wussed out at the last minute. For the one or two of you that somehow don't know about Tamiya Clear Red, go get a bottle. Now. You'll never struggle with blood or gore again. Holy cow. I stuck with NMM, except for using the gloss varnish on the leather. It's a bit of a contradiction, but I think it works. I'll post in the submissions when the link goes active. Onward and upward!

*edit*
    Link is active: http://www.coolminiornot.com/311930
    Last edited by TrystanGST; 08-12-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I am digging the style you have been devoloping. Now go back and snazz up that base to get another coupl points . Good work with the color selection.

Haha Lham is already in the case, awaiting the turn in day. I've already picked my next project.

I told myself that I should go back and finish up a few of the minis I have sitting around half done, but my 90% disease says, "where's the fun in that? Look at all this virgin metal/plastic/resin!"

Who am I to ignore such sage advice? Especially when I have this sitting at hand?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lion1.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	15100
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Woah woah woah wait a minute what model is this? Those three ladies sitting on all the screaming faces has a scary/sexy thing going on, I kinda dig it...

Some things about that Lhamaean, like your reds and the blue skin tone, are looking really good! They contrast nicely with the green, and the chain is a very nice touch. Could just be my monitor, but the green and black look a bit grainy? I can also see it on the resin of the unpainted mini, so ignore me if it is :P
    A solid job overall, and getting much closer to that Demon!

Cool mini, sexy ladies are always neat! But kinda disturbing as all kingdom death minis are.

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Cool mini, sexy ladies are always neat! But kinda disturbing as all kingdom death minis are.
    Agree throw the lion headed dude out and keep the ladies

And if my 100% gets to the level of your 90% i'd probably do the same thing and be saying " bring on the other 1000 unpainted minis waiting in the box"
    Last edited by KruleBear; 08-13-2012 at 06:49 AM.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The thing is - the Lhamaean is for a local painting comp, and one that has only had two entries (including me) the three times I've entered. She, like the Stormlord, are for armies that I'll never play. So a tabletop plus job is perfect. I have far too many unpainted minis lying around to try and make a demon winner out of every one. It's just as useful to me to get better at being faster (as well as faster at being better) so that I can tackle the pile in this lifetime. Are they all going to be 8s? Nope - there's bound to be lots of 6s in there, because I'm painting for fun or whatever. It doesn't bother me any. So keep up the suggestions and know that sometimes it's just going to be so-so intentionally.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

So I've gotten the gaps filled and the models pinned for primer tomorrow. Will start with the ladies, since they're pretty straightforward. Not sure where I want to go with Simba yet.

P.S. Liquid Green Stuff/Squadron Putty is great for small gap filling, but don't think you'll be lazy and use it to sculpt/fill large cracks. It'll end up being more hassle than just mixing up a batch of GS and doing it the right way. Trust me on this. LOL
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I know, I know....less talk more pics.
    I primed all 4 minis this A.M., and over the course of the day (about 6-8 hours all told) I got girl A pretty much done.

A couple quick notes:
    The clogs aren't done. But I couldn't take pics with them as bare primer.
    The contrast is a little sharp, and the skin is a little pinker IRL.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Niiice...

I'll be in my bunk!

Girl B has colors blocked in. Something I learned on girl A. It's a PITA to try and get rid of all the white around the hair and sashes without messing up the pretty, pretty skin. So I made sure everything was basecoated first, and I'll begin shading shortly.

I've been thinking about where to take this "mini", since KD is pretty light (as far as I've found) on fluff, and there's multpile minis involved. It's cretty clear to me that Simba (the Lion Knight) has found himself saddled with these rather useless albeit scantily clad nublie females. His exasperation is clear on his leonine face and from his posture. It says to me, "Why me?"

Hence, calling the collection "Simba's Pride" takes on a double meaning. Not sure if I'm going to use the face base for it, as it wouldn't make sense in the narrative. Maybe a small room, with the girl with the book sitting on the bed, the girl sunbathing on the outside balcony, and the needy one greeting him in the doorway looking for something.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

looking good so far, that seam on her right arm quickly draws my focus, damn unsightly things >< Im confused why the sculptor decided to go with shoes, they look so out of place lol!

Yeah - that seam is a PITA. But in the grand scheme of things, I'm hoping it won't be so obvious. If I was painting just her, I'd have to scrape and repaint. Maybe I will anyways, since I have to do the skin on two more girls.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460