TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 51
Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

Go the extra mile - fix the arm or you'll regret it if you don't later! Rest of it is looking good and I def agree about those weird shoes ><
    My Rank -

The paint is seeming to come across chunky for some reason. It could just be a pourish model but I also agree with Ben fix the arm.
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

It's the pics. I'll finish girl B tomorrow and take some better ones.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

So I started my new job on Monday. Going from all the time in the world to a few hours an evening free is taking some adjusting. I did manage to finish the second girl this weekend (again, minus the shoes) and start sketching out the base.

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Very nice, sir. Really liking the red hair.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyChad View Post
    Very nice, sir. Really liking the red hair.
    Ditto. That red hair looks real good. Is that Alice Cooper runny makeup i see by her eye? I like it and congrats on the new job...er, i mean the new distraction to your painting.

Krule - kind of. It's tamiya clear red, a.k.a blood. Her eyes are closed, and she's crying blood. Why? Cause it seemed like a good idea at the time.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Krule - kind of. It's tamiya clear red, a.k.a blood. Her eyes are closed, and she's crying blood. Why? Cause it seemed like a good idea at the time.
    No, i like it. It gives a nice macabre feel

I likey, the flesh is smooth and the shading especially in the crook of the elbow is lovely. The choice of colour on the hair is a good one.

One minor bug bear I think I see a couple of spots of the yellow from the clothes on her left thigh a quick once over of the flesh tone to clean up and your good mate.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

So I started blocking in colors for the third (green) girl. The first girl (blue) used a touch of space wolves grey in the middle skin shades. Girl two (yellow) used a bit of purple, which was almost a disaster as it started turning her skin grey. I basecoated green with tallarn flesh, and I'd like to keep her skin darker to contrast with the other two. Keep a tan/pacific islander feel. But I have no idea how to shade that tone. So I call upon you flesh gurus to help me out.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

So it's been a few days. I've been adjusting to less free time, as well as less girlfriend time, and that's left me with less painting time.
    On top of that, I've been struck with a bit of painter's block. I WANT to paint, but I wasn't really motivated to work on Simba's Pride, and I couldn't come up with a plan for any of my other primed minis. Luckily today I just sat down, and worked on Green some more. I still need to freehand the book, and come up with a plan for Simba.

P.S. Cass - if you're still reading this - I took Beaky in to work today to show him off to a fellow GW gamer. It not only got rave reviews from him, but was admired by two guys that routinely tease said gamer for his, erm, gaming. So even non-Warhammer geeks love it. Cheers!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Coming on well there Trys, hope the painters block clears up for you soon. Oh and nice to know the beaky's gone down well with folk
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Well it has - sort of. I've put those ladies aside to work on a different one. I haven't put up pics because I've been struggling. Naturally, I picked a mini that I wouldn't have to think too had about. Or so I thought. No clothes means not having to pick out colors. It also means the one color you ARE using, namely flesh, has to be flawless. And that's where I'm suffering. I'm trying to really push contrast, but it's making it hard to get solid, smooth transitions. I'll get some pics up tomorrow if I can clean it up enough to show in public. ><
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Still not entirely happy with her skin, but I feel like I'm going in circles here. So I'm going to move on. She's a little more pink IRL, but I'm not going to PS WIP pics.

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

She looks good, if a bit dark.

And is it camera noise or is the skin not that smooth?
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

macro camera noise. The darkest shadows are dark brown, and the highest highlights are a thin menoth white. Most of the flesh is a little lighter than tallarn. So yeah.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Does not look as smooth as your normal work, but it is coming along. Good choice for a change of pace . I have considered this mini in the past. How well is it cast?

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Does not look as smooth as your normal work, but it is coming along. Good choice for a change of pace . I have considered this mini in the past. How well is it cast?
    It's not. Part of sturggling with a larger gradient. I'm having a heck of a time getting everything smooth. I've gone up and down the scale several times. The cast was nice, except for a difficult mold line on her face.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

As you can tell by the date of my last post, it's been hard to find time (and at times, motivation) to paint lately. It's not that I didn't want to, but between work, life, and Borderlands 2, it's been tough. This week I started 3rd shift at my job (1130p to 730a CST), which has actually provided me an opportunity. You see, I'm the only guy on this shift, and for the time being it's quiet. So I brought my painting stuff in, and viola - up to 6 hours a day of painting time!

That being said, I met a guy here at this job that plays 40k, and does some painting. He just likes to have a painted army for when he plays. I showed him my Imotekh and Lhamaean, and he wanted to buy them off me (it just happens that he plays Necrons and Dark Eldar - what a coincidence!). Well I don't want to sell mine, but I told him I'd be happy to paint some up for him to use. So I'm taking advantage of this free time to work on them. These look familiar?

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Familiar? No. Nice? Yes.

Borderlands 2 looks nice as well, although my time's being sucked up by gf and UFO: Enemy Unknow... That's a hard enough fight as it is, it's hard to squeeze painting in there.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob