TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 53
Page 53 of 109 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

Great work, love the silver skulls - good idea
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Nice bronzey metal effect there!
    " This site is cake, the scoring is icing. Scrape it off if you don't like it, the cake is still delicious!! " - Supervike

My Website - http://www.miniature-studio.com/

Well done. I am perplexed with which color scheme I like better.

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Well done. I am perplexed with which color scheme I like better.
    Me too. I mean, I like how neat the NMM looks, but I am really happy with the way the bronze worked, and the green glow I used.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

New day, new project. The prospect of a free KD mini via WAMP is too good to pass up. And with 6 already at home to choose from, the hardest part was picking one. I've wrestled with this mini for a while. Not in terms of painting, but in terms of my feelings about it as sculpted. I just am not a huge fan of the, erm, tentacle. Yeah, he's written fluff for it. I was going to cut it off and resculpt the affected area, but then I realized I'm not sure that'd be any better. At least this way, I can say it's the way it was sculpted. Anyways, enough of my rambling, here's a pic:
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Blog Entries

Nice choice and good start on the skin and boots.

Nice! Glad to see you're keeping the momentum and working on something new. I gotta put my KD mini together this weekend
    My Rank -

Nice work!!! I would join the project with you but seeing that 3 weeks went by and KD has not contacted me back on my order with them, I will not be able to make the contest. Very disappointing seeing I have emailed them 2 times already to get the girl in question. Love your painting!

Good lookin start! I'm scared to touch mine.

Moe

A bit more work - don't mind the spoltchy-ness of the tentacle. I haven't decided quite how to tackle it yet. Also, the skin above her butt hasn't been shaded as I didn't even realize it was skin until I was checking the reference photos, and I didn't bring all my flesh colors.

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Nice paint trys, however i must say whoever designed this model with a giant penis was either having a laugh or needs taken around the back and given a severe beating. Bit late in the day now but my advice would be a bit of surgery as the he/she things not working for me. By the way when did you get good at NMM great work on the armour!
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

I know Cass. I thought about removing it. KD has a penchant for odd sculpts, and compared to some of the more recent ones (like the Forge God), this is tame!
    It's not a wang, it's like a longer version of the inner mouth from Alien. Meant to eat wangs, apparently. From KD's site:
    "She has a mouthed cord growing from her belly that devours male organs of her mates to better the chances of divine conception."

My concern with cutting and sculpting is that her stance reflects a elephant trunk between her legs. If I cut that out, she's going to have one hell of a gap.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Love the paint, hate the model.

I like the pinup series that they do, but most of the minis are just vulgar in a bad way.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Blog Entries

looking good so far, I really like how the hair is coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    Nice paint trys, however i must say whoever designed this model with a giant penis was either having a laugh or needs taken around the back and given a severe beating. Bit late in the day now but my advice would be a bit of surgery as the he/she things not working for me. By the way when did you get good at NMM great work on the armour!
    Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Love the paint, hate the model.I like the pinup series that they do, but most of the minis are just vulgar in a bad way.
    I have to agree. I did not understand your original concern until you added color to the tentacle/mouth, then I saw how it was connected and though " eeww".

But your paint work is ace.

Going to go ahead and keep it. I'd have to resculpt the whole lower half, and to be fair this is the model as KD imagined it. So onwards and upwards. Got some gold done. You can see the mini coming together, but it's going to be interesting to see what a shift happens when all that black becomes white!

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Wow, that gold and the "belly" are very moody. Excellent.

It actually feels wierd not painting tonight. Not because I'm busy, but because I forgot the paints I need at home. Doh. In other news, I have my Cang mostly assembled. I need to glue the head on, and do some serious green stuffing to fill gaps. Then I can go buy about 15 cans of primer so I can get him basecoated LOL
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

This is turning out to be a winner, like it alot
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Looking forward to seeing the pics of Cang Trys And just in case nobody has told you your NMM kicks ass!
    Nil Mortifi sine lucre