TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 54
Page 54 of 109 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

Quote Originally Posted by kermorvan View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the pics of Cang Trys And just in case nobody has told you your NMM kicks ass!
    I don't know if I'd go that far, but thanks! It's definitely getting better.
    Ask and ye shall receive:

That's Beaky, Cang, and Haldir. He's not attached to the tower, but the rest of him is one piece. Now I can begin the sanding/sculpting/trimming/etc.

P.S. I brought my colors in, so if time permits there will be Death.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

looks like a lifetime project that dragon anyway, KD miniature is looking good, or at least the colors on it is looking good. the sculpt is horrible imo, like most of their minis. the new forge god looks good though if you remove the head and groin (gah!), another awesome allan carrasco piece
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Thanks Skel. I know what you mean. The forge god is too much. I had the Wet Nurse at one point, but sold it off before it could possess me or whatever evil little demon sculpts do. The Grand Mother here is borderline. I mean the tentacle is pure creepy hentai, but the rest of the sculpt is so cool I just look past it.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Cang looks suitably impressive, what are the major sticking points on the joints. I had real issues with the left arm and lining up the jaw and wattle, also the way yours sits on the tower has the same large crack where the right hand is attached to the wall. Do you have an issue with the right foot and left ankle not quite lining up?

The KD is coming up really good but like almost everyone else I dont like the Shemale demon type "thing". Will continue to follow this with interest though
    Nil Mortifi sine lucre

Yeah - Cang is like a jigsaw puzzle with no pictures. Not everything lines up. I'll have to do some green-stuffing to fix that. Nothing I can't handle though.

Work on the Grand Mother - keep in mind the grey will end up white. So still some ways to go. But it's getting there.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Gadss. Fang looks like a monster painting quest.

Very cool!

Thanks! Now I am just about ready to hit the order button to get mine. You are an evil person")

Nice paint job but I have to admit that the giant penis (dont care what they say its ment to be, it looks like a penis so thats what it is) is rather distracting, but as you have said earlier it would be a nightmare to remove so what can you do huh. Just have to put up with it Definatly a very strange company. I think the guy that runs it must have some sort of minor mental illness, that wet nurse is quite possibly the most ridiculous model i have ever seen! Rant over, back to the panting
    Like the gold and be good to see those robes finished

Yeah the Forge God is just like wtf are they thinking. Triple penis headed monster who will bash you with his Homey-D-Clown sock-penis coming out of his vagina.... who thought this was a good idea? lol!!!!!
    My Rank -

LOL. I did some work on the robes last night, but it was one of those days where the paint doesn't cooperate, so there won't be any pics while I try to figure out how to fix it.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Well she's getting there. Need to think about a base, and get the wings primed.

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

thats looking real good Trys! the caps looks real good!

tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

Got her wings primed and attached. Once I get those painted, it's just a few touch ups and basing.

I got my dad Zombicide for Christmas. I ordered it this early so I could get at least the survivors painted. Not aiming for crazy levels, but just something that looks better than colored plastic.
    First up, the sheriff (hello Rick from Walking Dead)

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

If my son got me a zombie game for Christmas AND painted it up like the cast from Walking Dead, I'd either have a heart attack or start crying and hugging him. Either way, it'd be really awesome and super awkward. In a good way.

love zombicide, love kang! also hating on most KD stuff just like most people. however, i do like the scribe. shame they used some really well done sculpting for such wierd crappy models.

zombicide is the first game that actually has me wanting to pick up miniature wargaming instead of just painting, seems like a lot of fun!

Well at some point during transport the Grandmother had a wing come off, and I don't have glue with me. Luckily, I had another zombicide survivor with me.

And just in case you weren't aware, once I get the 6 survivors done, this is what they face:
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I have to say, while I'm not painting these to a really high standard, it's fun to be able to just sit down and finish a mini in a few hours. I've done more minis in 5 days than in the past 5 months haha.

Plus, it's good practice for when Sedition Wars arrives in a month or so...
    Last edited by TrystanGST; 11-16-2012 at 05:51 AM.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Looking good. If you want more speed painting practice I can bring my sedition wars to Chicago for you to practice on . At my rate they might just end up being painted "camo primer" that could be a high tech future camo.
    Last edited by KruleBear; 11-16-2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Stupid auto correct

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Great work, Tryst. I turn my back for 10 minutes and you become godlike in painting ability? Seriously great work.

Dude, if my kid did that for me, I'd be like "Ok i forgive you for all the grief you have given me for your entire life."

Moe