TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 61
Page 61 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

The dread is interesting to me because they've actually gone and given it it's own identity, instead of taking a marine dreadnaught and adding spikes.
    As for bad models - I like the new Heldrake and Forgefield. If you want ugly, look no further back than the Defiler. Ugh.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

I have to say that Starting another set of GW stuff is down right wrong. However that being said, yes I was not going to spend 110.00 on a "Battleforce" of Dark Angels that consisted of what 8 bikes and some stupid flying thing. Talk about an "Oh Crap" moment when you want to take an objective and Oh crarp, I dont have any infantry to do so. I also was debating on the Chaos Space Marines. Also having to update the rulebook to version 6 was another 80 bucks. So buying this set "Dark Vengence" was indeed the best and cheapest.... yeah right, I said "Cheapest" in a GW statement, way to get what I wanted including the basic rulebook. So all good to go for this Saturdays game!

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Some of the new WoC plastics have potential, with a lot of work. That shouldn't be the case though. Why pay so much for something you have to redesign? The big beast either has 3 tongues or the other variant has 50 tongues(tentacles). I used to hate the Dragon Ogres because they had their single tongue out. WTF, GW? It looks like something that a heavy metal band would have rejected for a CD cover. If I end up with one he will have no tongues sticking out of his mouth!

But I understand why people like that Hellbrute or whatever, it is more characterful than the standard Dreads.

Well I was trying to wrap this guy up:

But I got about half way thru the gold when the siren's call of the Hellbrute became too strong to resist.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

looks like the hell brute will be an interesting model to paint we be watching it progress....

The GW models lately have been very hit and miss i've noticed, they seem to be chaging their style. The new chaos marines are nice, the dark angels are bad though...

It is taking shape! I like it. Again everything you do looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post

The new chaos models are just so bad on so many levels. The big monster is up there with nagash as the worst model ever.
    I'm with you on that. I used to love the chaos minis, but the WoC releases this time are largely awful (possibly the troll would be ok without the mutations). Is it just me or does everything look like a spawn? Same for that god-awful war altar they did a while back.

The Dark Vengence stuff is exceptional by comparison (and at the risk of getting on topic, I look toward to seeing what trystsnGST does with the hell brute). That being said the 40k chaos releasesthat followed dark Vengence likewise were disappointing to me.

Hmmmm, i cant guess what scheme you are going for, but interesting to follow this will be....Damn i just went all Yoda there.

And i blame CAD for the rubbish monsters.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

i agree, very disappointed with the new WoC release, although some of the lords are pretty cool. the forsaken looks like a poor raiding in someones bits-box. booo.

hellbrute looks pretty cool, but who's that other guy? dig that one!
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Skel - this:
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

ooooo yeah.... sweeet
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Yeah - had the horse done for a good while now. The knight is close - armor, axe, hair, a bit of cape. But the Hellbrute is demanding priority. It speaks to me in my dreams...
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I remember the gamezone stuff as horribly cast, is that still the case?
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

This is the only mini I've gotten from them, but it isn't any worse (or better) than any other metal mini I've gotten.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Not done with the grey, but I needed to fill in some of the surrounding colors to get a feel for how light or dark it really is.
    Vote time - do you guys like the dirtier left side, or the cleaner right side? As strange as it sounds, they're both based with GW Runelord Brass. The left side was then inked with diluted scorched brown, then edge highlighted with mithril silver. The right side is just the base brass.

Also - there's a few more guys than I expected when I volunteered to paint these guys:
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Also - while looking at the GW paint for the hellbrute, I wandered into the new WoC stuff. No wonder you guys are disappointed. I only saw one of the advance order minis I'd even consider, and that was the curseling. The rest were bleh.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Not done with the grey, but I needed to fill in some of the surrounding colors to get a feel for how light or dark it really is.
    Vote time - do you guys like the dirtier left side, or the cleaner right side? As strange as it sounds, they're both based with GW Runelord Brass. The left side was then inked with diluted scorched brown, then edge highlighted with mithril silver. The right side is just the base brass.
    i prefer the dirtier side.

Dirtier for sure
    My Rank -

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Dirtier is better.

dirtier definatly !
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk