TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 65
Page 65 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

This one:

She's been stripped, broken down, put back together, and green-stuffed. She's just waiting a fresh coat of primer. But I'm not going to until Brutus is done, or the temptation will be too strong and I'll lose focus.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

She'll be a fun project. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do this time around.

Yeah, keep working on that hell brute. You're so close it'd be a shame to lose focus and not finish him.

Blog Entries

Yum! Hurry and finish that hell brute! I want to see "black doggie" get some fresh paint on her. I am getting her and "hula hula girl" ready for painting as soon as I finish my current girl.

Is it just me or does it look like there should be a toilet behind her? :P Looks like she is about to take a sneaky wee

Quote Originally Posted by secretpaintgeek View Post
    Is it just me or does it look like there should be a toilet behind her? :P Looks like she is about to take a sneaky wee
    ROFL cannot be unseen...
    My Rank -

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    This one:

She's been stripped, broken down, put back together, and green-stuffed. She's just waiting a fresh coat of primer. But I'm not going to until Brutus is done, or the temptation will be too strong and I'll lose focus.
    lol.... Stripped. On a mini like that too non the less. Sorry I just had to LOL when I saw the type.

So it's been a quiet few days, but not uneventful. Jeff (Elly), my friend Steve and I have been getting really into Infinity. The minis are awesome, the rules seem awesome, and we're all excited to get some armies together and try it all out. The plan has been to use proxy figures at the start so we can play without a potentially large expenditure of cash. Corvus Belli is really generous to allow you to download the rules and the army lists from their website. Being on a mini purchasing moratorium until at least September, I figured it was going to be a while before I could start building my galaxy-conquering Nomad force. Of course there are ways around it, and Elly bought me my first unit - the Lonokhod Sputnik. He told me I couldn't paint it until I finished the Hellbrute. Well, I was good. Sort of.

I couldn't help myself. These Koalas are so awesome.
    Anyways, back to the Brute.

I'm inching closer. I also find myself doing everything BUT the back. It's just so intimidating.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Fine work looking dandy in a vile suppurating chaos fashion Slap a wash on the back to pick out the shadows and you'll soon get intoo it im sure.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

So I had a bit of a Eureka! moment this evening. I have been fighting the skin tone (based with GW rotting flesh). When thinned, the paint goes on a bit chalky. So I have to add more layers to get consistent coverage, which forces quicker transitions and less blending. It's worked so far, but I didn't want to go that route for something as large as the back. I've read about how glazing medium can be used to help keep pigment in suspension, so I decided to give it a try (picked up a bottle a few weeks ago, along with vallejo metallic medium).

Wow. I don't think I'm going to thin with water ever again. At least not for display level. The stuff made a huge difference, and allowed me to lay the rotting flesh on thin enough to build transitions by layering.

That's just the base rotting flesh over the 2:1 (rotting flesh:charadon granite) base coat. The glazing medium gives it a slight satin sheen, but that's ok for now. The whole thing will probably get a seal coat anyways.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Glazing medium can be great esp. for metallics. i find it can go shiny. Mixing washing up liquid (dish soap or whatever the US call it) helps alot when using just water.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Good one, I love those Eureka moments
    Looks good!

very nice! personally i never had any luck with glaze medium, but then i havent used it for 3-4 years. perhaps worhy of a second chance then!
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

The skin colors on the back look great. Looks like you've got a good handle on it this time!

A little more of the rotten flesh - some of the shading is actually lighting, although it's a pretty good indication of the way it looks now. There's still more rotting flesh, then the rotting flesh/basic skintone, and basic skintone highlights to be applied. Plenty more contrast to come.

I was limited in my production tonight because I developed some bad habits using a dull hobby knife blade for so long, and now the fresh one is trying to remove my fingers. I was putting together another batch of Sedition Wars minis for a friend.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    A little more of the rotten flesh - some of the shading is actually lighting, although it's a pretty good indication of the way it looks now. There's still more rotting flesh, then the rotting flesh/basic skintone, and basic skintone highlights to be applied. Plenty more contrast to come.

I was limited in my production tonight because I developed some bad habits using a dull hobby knife blade for so long, and now the fresh one is trying to remove my fingers. I was putting together another batch of Sedition Wars minis for a friend.
    And your work is WELL appreciated! lol Thanks BTW. Guess Hobby Lobby and GW super glue S U C K S.

Hmmmm dunno what to say, your works improved so much over the past few months its hard to say anything about your mini's until you put the brush down.....
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

You guys are going to get so tired of hearing me talk about this glaze medium, I swear. I'm like a kid on christmas.

So it did wonders cutting down on the chalkiness of the GW Rotting Flesh I was using (which is in a hex bottle, telling you how old it is). Well once I moved to the 50/50 GW Rotting Flesh/ VMC Basic Skintone, it was undetectable. The 60/40 VMC Basic Skintone/Vallejo Glaze Medium was a dream to apply. Perfect blends, simply by layering. Man this stuff is awesome.

Anyways - yay! Back is done, and I'm rather proud of it. I'll have to get some nice tent pics tomorrow (today?) so you guys can get a better sense, but here:

I may add some stuff like soot or leaking fluids, but at the moment I like the skin so much I don't want to mar it.
    I also based the horns - going for something akin to rhino.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

that skin on the back looks awesome, big up!
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Thanks Skel! Wait til you guys see a real pic, and not a cellphone shot! It's almost a blessing/curse situation - I'm really happy the back came out so well, but bummed that it makes the rest of the skin look sketchy haha. I'm not going back over it all again though.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

As promised, better pics!

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460