TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 66
Page 66 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

looks great, unfortunatly as you say you can now see a difference in the other areas of skin. As a solution you could put the oil marks and weathering on the earlier areas to cover the difference
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Looking really good. I wouldn't bother trying to fix the other areas or anything, but definitely use this as a learning step for your next mini! Keep it up - it's great to see you improving
    My Rank -

Brutal honesty time:
    Horns - like or no? I went for a rhino feel, but I'm concerned that the grey blends in with the other grey and gets lost. I could go back and do them as bone to get more contrast.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

personally I like them, different from the norm and like a rhino in nature his horn is similar in colour
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Alright - thanks. That jives with the feedback I've gotten elsewhere. Whew. One less thing to worry about. On to the next bits!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I would add a few light browns to get the horns to stand out from the armor background
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Well, I tried a glaze/filter of P3 Rucksack Tan, and let's just say I am glad I was able to recover. I like the horns better as they are. Nothing much else to show - just got the last few brass metal bits, and based the smokestacks. I was tempted to leave them black because I want a sooty look, but I will accomplish that with pigments after I get them painted up.
    Just chains (rust or silver?), tentacles (color ideas?) and bone (nails/spine) to go.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Fare enough if your happy, im happy , Tentacles - bright pinks & purples are a must!
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Thanks 10. I think I will go for a nice pink - will stand out without being too obvious. I can make em slimy too! Maybe if I had incorporated brown into the shading, or used a different color glaze...rucksack tan was probably too orange.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Last edited by TrystanGST; 03-03-2013 at 09:05 AM.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Blog Entries

Very nice sir. Get busy on that girl now.

Yessir - just basking in that "I just actually finished something" glow. Gonna break out the primer and get my Andrea primed.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

She's primed

Here's some more brute pics for you guys:

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Awesome man, you painted this up for a friend didn't you?
    Lucky to have you has a friend!

Sure did - and I did it just because I really wanted to paint the Hellbrute.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Awesome trystan. I love your natural colours on this. Reminds me of thirdeyenukes awesome grey hues.
    Love the glowing face too.

Looks good - The OSL is very nice, the tentacles and back skin really stand out as your best blending. The metals look solid, as do the grays. But I do have a couple of critiques that could have thrown this mini to the next level. The hoses look like you just passed them up (the ribbed hoses showing through the skin). Throwing a couple highlights on those would really make them pop out a bit more because they look unfinished. Also I think the horns look a bit dull. I think you have the right colors for rhino horns, but adding a highlight on them to show some lighting would make them pop out from the mini as well (right now they get lost in the mini imo). I think the armor could use a bit more edge highlighting to pick out the edges (like on the claw hand). I would try and push your contrast just a tad more in areas. The backbones and toenails look unfinished as well, like you were in a hurry to finish this guy and get him over with. Don't rush with that last 10%! Those last details will make or break your mini, and taking the time to really go over them is well worth it. Keep that in mind for your next one - which I'm looking forward to! You keep getting better and better, and it's great to see you improving. Just wanted to give you a couple of things to think about
    My Rank -

Thanks. Some of that is the photo - it didn't look so dark on my laptop where I submitted it from. The horns/toenails/spine are all the same colors. The hoses did get a highlight, but it was subtle. No argument with your critique though. All things to keep in mind!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Hey milosh - look what I found:

Haha
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Still just blocking colors - aren't the brown eyes spooky?
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460