TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 85
Page 85 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

I think that base will work well. It's a nice choice to pair against the red firey theme of Melisandre. Even fits with that world, you've got her up near the wall. Good luck with her at GenCon

Well here's the finished product:

As always happens after a contest, I am motivated to do awesome things. I dusted off this guy, re-assembled him, gap filled and primed him.

My first pass didn't go so well - I've spent a lot of time on recent minis trying to gain speed. That worked against me as I started cutting corners and not blending. What you see here is the second pass - just a solid base coat to work on.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Wow, she looks like a really b**ch. Nice paint job - she just looks mean. I like the hue of that green already. The scales look jade-like.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

The dress and hair are gorgeous. Well done.

A little work tonight, and I'm much happier this time around. Does it look like green metal to you?

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I think it looks fantastic, its seems to glow - I think it would pass for elven steel anyday.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Blog Entries

that is some fantastic progress, as 10 says; it seems to glow.

Holy crap. What a change. It looks amazing!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

that green armor looks really amazing.

congrats on the Armour that looks amazing!

Awesome as usual. At this point i buy it more as lacquered armor than green tinted steel...DO NOT CHANGE IT...it is awesome

Agreed, very cool looking armor. Love it!

Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Awesome as usual. At this point i buy it more as lacquered armor than green tinted steel...DO NOT CHANGE IT...it is awesome
    I admit - it's not the look I was angling for. I wanted green NMM. But have no fear, I won't be changing it. I am rather pleased with how it turned out myself. There may be some slight tweaks once the surrounding colors get filled in, but the basic idea will stay.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Maybe some of you guys can help me out. I'm really swinging for the fences on this one - I've got more up my sleeve before he's done. But I really want to try and incorporate the basics of color theory and complementary colors to add an extra layer to the paint. I've never dealt with them before (consciously) at least. Elly sent me a cool color scheme designer web app, and it says that the complement of the bright green is a pinkish red (like fuschia). If I select triad, I get an orangeish red and purple. I'm worried that using red will turn him into a Christmas elf, and using purple will turn him into the Joker. Fuschia, well, he'd end up looking like a watermelon. So how do I incorporate the complementary colors while avoiding the aforementioned results?
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

You don't necessarily have to use the exact complement to the green. Check out this site - it's a good read: http://www.color-wheel-artist.com/triad-colors.html
    There are other triads and color collections to try out, but as you can see you don't just choose a color opposite the wheel and go to town with it (though you can), but try choosing a primary color for your piece and then the other two parts of the triad can be mixed with the primary to make some pretty neat different colors. Then mixing all three you get a unique brown... it will probably just take some experimentation. Then you can thing about having certain areas of your mini feeling warmer and some cooler... and also you aren't limited to the three colors in the triad - you can have other blips of color throughout to contrast the color scheme.. anyways hope that gets the gears moving
    My Rank -

Elly is wiser on this than i, but if you want a red i would keep it dark to prevent Christmas. More of a reddish brown or a dark maroon like you did on Krell.

I'd say use them subtly on details, gems and stuff. Make the cloak a darker, closer to turquoise green and try some freehands in there with the colours that complete your scheme to attract the attention(if you want that of course )

Just my 2 cents.
    My painting blog: The Way of the Painter

If this was my mini and without looking at any colour theory charts I would go with a ivory / white cloak, or even brown to match the nature look.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Trystan that green is well done. I would say go up a little higher in a few areas for lighting effect but overall well done man.
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.