TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 86
Page 86 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

Yay! An Empchild sighting! Now just to find Chadders...

No new pics of Ithandir himself, as I'm not too thrilled with the first few layers of his armor. I was trying to follow the advice and add a drop of the green to the grey, but it turned olive. Wierd. We shall see.

However, I do have pics of another part of the puzzle. A while back, I got these two resin horsies from Kath. Never could find a use for them, until now. Of course I am having to GS the riding tack, but it's all part of the fun.
    Just basic straps so far, no adornments. And don't mind the blob on his back, it's the start of the saddle blanket. Yes, it's a him. The cast is, er, correct.

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

For the love of god, man - clean under those fingernails!
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

Quote Originally Posted by me_in_japan View Post
    For the love of god, man - clean under those fingernails!
    Haha - was working on my car shortly before those pics. You know how it is.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

You could mix them with earth tones to muddy them up a bit and tone them down. Or you could use them as glazes over the NMM and GOLD NMM parts of the mini to tie it together with the green and compliment it. That way they aren't pure, super saturated colors.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

Hehe i have been sick since Gencon. It's the biggest bane for me when I go to cons and get sick because of nasty people who don't wash their hands and spread germs .
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

It was a very exhausting weekend, but ultimately a very fulfilling one. No painting got done, but I hope to get some in before I fall off the grid for the next few weeks. I don't really have the focus needed to work on anything serious, so I've gone back to my Bones.
    I've become rather enamored of Robot Unicorn Attack 2 lately, so I made this guy's scythe haft chrome. Not super smooth, but then that's not the point.

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

That's an impressively bling staff for such a crusty old geezer
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

That's what makes it so funny.

I was going to make it bone, but that was boring. And he's got a lot of brown already. Then I was just going to make it NMM silver, but that wasn't too exciting either. Then I thought, "why not go for crazy, airbrushed-on-the-side-of-a-van chrome?" So I did
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

The chrome on this character brings a smile to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by me_in_japan View Post
    That's an impressively bling staff for such a crusty old geezer
    This comment - LOL!!!!!!!
    My Rank -

I bet he has a gold Rolex also
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Blog Entries

Nothing more motivational than to pull out some of your pinups and get to painting. I like the chrome BTW.

I leave Monday for 2 weeks of vacation, so I wanted to get this guy done before then. He's not quite done, but I'll have some time this weekend to finish him off.
    I went for SENMM gold on the censer, and it's almost there. Not perfect, but I'll leave it for this figure.
    I also went for a flesh scroll, and bloody runes. Good old Tamiya clear red was used for blood after lining the crevices with sanguine base. I suppose if I had some Tamiya smoke I could have made the gore a little darker in the runes themselves, but I don't have it and I want it to look fresher anyways.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Page 4, eh? Guess a few weeks off will do that to you. Anyways, I'm back, and I started something new (again, I know). Not sure where I'm going with this one yet, but it'll be fun at any rate.

P.S. Lots of fun had the last two weeks, though it was hard not having paints and minis and brushes close by. A bit of separation anxiety, methinks. But swimming with dolphins and sea lions and riding Mexico's longest and fastest zipline helped ease the pain.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Not a lot to say - the gold will be more ivory-colored. I'll get these few Bones done, and I promise I'll go back to my display level projects. Probably. Haha.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Looks nice, you are becoming the red master!

Haha this particular shade of red maybe. I'm starting to feel like a Chad clone - red and gold. red and gold. But it looks sooo goooood.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

beautiful work even if it is not display standard. what is the bones like to paint on though? i have been given a couple of 75mm figures to paint in it, and was wondering if any special prep etc was needed for it
    i'd make you a sandwitch, but cannibalism is illegal in my country.
    WIP thread

I love it. Mould lines haven't been an issue, and all that's needed is a good soap and water scrub and you can start applying paint. The first base coat can take a few layers unless you put it on a little thick (whatever you do DON'T dilute the first coat), but once you have a good base down they paint like anything else. Some people have voiced concern over the "bendiness" and how it will be difficult to paint, but it always ends up that those people haven't actually TRIED painting them. Experience says otherwise.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

How do you do your eyes and eyebrows?? Your's look really neat and clear! This is a thorn on my back on this minis size...