TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 96
Page 96 of 109 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

Wow. Just, wow. Thanks for painting this one up for us.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

Nice job! Here's me nitpicking - the nails look too brown and unfinished - perhaps add some texture or something to them... just a suggestion because they don't hold up to the quality of the rest of the mini good luck with the storm dude - that mini looks very cool! (but difficult lol)
    My Rank -

Hey - nitpicking is good. I will definitely look at that before I call it all done.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    Nice job! Here's me nitpicking - the nails look too brown and unfinished - perhaps add some texture or something to them... just a suggestion because they don't hold up to the quality of the rest of the mini good luck with the storm dude - that mini looks very cool! (but difficult lol)

Maybe a highlight up to about where the antlers are? Love the smooth "flesh tones" having a nice cast helps i suppose I hate to say it, but what do you think about about one more highlight on the flesh tones?

Looks badass BTW!
    Last edited by Demihuman; 12-03-2013 at 08:16 PM.

@Demi - I'm hesitant to push the flesh any higher, since I don't want to lighten the overall tone. I suppose I could darken the shadows a little more. As for the nails, I'll probably do similarly. I like the orange-brown tone. A natural bone color would change it significantly.

Deth and his handler will not be alone on the base.
    Aaand...here's the Deth Defying (get it?) Ingrid!

Also, I got Deth attached to his base. Unfortunately it was not without incident. While I was trying to wiggle the pin out of his foot, his ankle flexed and some of the paint flaked off. Also, being a zombie, his outstretched arm fell off while I was wrestling with his leg. Both issues have been corrected, and with a little touch up paint it won't be noticeable.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    @Demi - I'm hesitant to push the flesh any higher, since I don't want to lighten the overall tone. I suppose I could darken the shadows a little more. As for the nails, I'll probably do similarly. I like the orange-brown tone. A natural bone color would change it significantly.

Unfortunately it was not without incident. While I was trying to wiggle the pin out of his foot, his ankle flexed and some of the paint flaked off. Also, being a zombie, his outstretched arm fell off while I was wrestling with his leg. Both issues have been corrected, and with a little touch up paint it won't be noticeable.
    Sounds good to me. Looking forward to seeing the base.

I thought this was supposed to be Hasslefree?

Booooo! Alright, I may have laughed - but only a little.

That's horrible. Haha.
    Blocking some colors in. Not sure what colors to make the arms and legs. Most of the reference models have skin, but who wears a chain shirt over bare skin? Besides, there's not a lot of definition there. I'll probably just make them a subdued brown or green. Trying to mirror the colors of Deth and Taxxis though, so maybe not green.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Nice looking face, I would go with skin on the legs & arms but see what you think. If you use greys to highlight the blues + greys / whites for the chainmail, the warm colours of the reds / pinks in the skin will contrast great.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

See here: http://www.reapermini.com/Inspiratio...ingrid/latest/
    The first and last entries are the ones I'm using as a reference. These are metal figures, not the Bones I'm working on, but you can see how the skin looks.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Great minis, I still think the skin will work well.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

I think I'll split the difference. Arms will be skin, legs will be leggings. But I'll make the leggings a warm color, like a reddish brown.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Good call

So I went with skin. It actually looks better than I thought it would.

Brown bits need shading, then it's sword and stone (and glow). Maybe some freehand.

On a side note, I got my order from Secret Weapons. Had a coupon for $10 off an order of $10 or more, so I got these 5 washes plus a bottle of Realistic Water for about $7 shipped.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Really great looking face!

I'm sure it's just the camera leeching colour out, but it looks like she is threatening the zombie with a stale bread roll I don't know why i find that concept so funny. Maybe the great expression you got on her face is so at odds with a stale dinner roll. Maybe I need more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    I'm sure it's just the camera leeching colour out, but it looks like she is threatening the zombie with a stale bread roll I don't know why i find that concept so funny. Maybe the great expression you got on her face is so at odds with a stale dinner roll. Maybe I need more sleep.
    Lol...my first thought was that with a little more red and water effect that it would look like she was holding someones heart...maybe i'm just warperd .

You're not far off Krule. The gemstone will be shaded up to a brighter orange/white, just like Deth's eyes. It will be glowing too.
    Once the blade is painted, there will be blood (effects) on the sword and also on Deth where he's holding his guts. I have some Tamiya Clear Red and realistic water I'd like to try...
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

No, no, no - do the dinner roll thing. If he's holding his tummy it will look like he's really hungry! Okay, I'll stop now.