TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 100
Page 100 of 109 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

Excellent job Trystan!
    Love the base and the work you did on this mini! the complementary color purple/yellow with blue works for me. But I think that some more work is needed on the face to make it pop up more from the mini. Maybe simply by toning down the yellow belt...

I really like the base you're using, great choice for this figure. I'm not sure what kind of variation in the stone you're going for. Because of the pattern it is all the same stone just broken, so be the same shade. A little weathering might help. One thing I did on my Officer of the Navy Guard was to stain the stone base using pigments. Basically just dabbed on a couple different colors and then wiped them off with a stiff brush. Just apply some pressure and it will leave some of the color behind on the stone. I was happy with the effect, might be worth experimenting with.

I agree with boubi's comment on the face. What about some white around the mouth and under the eyes? It'd be cool to see the same color variation real lion's have.
    Name:  lion_5-t2.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  68.0 KB

A little bit offtopic, congratulations to page 100 that is a massive WIP log here. I also agree around the face to create more variations. Keep up the good work now

/Kretcher
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

I'm gone for a bit and you go off and crank out even more amazing stuff.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Thanks moe. Life has kept me away from my brushes for the last week, which stinks. But I hopefully will get back on the horse soon.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Over a year, huh?
    Wow.
    Sadly not a lot of painting in that time.
    I have been working on a few things, but I was hesitant to commit to posting WIPs and all the baggage that comes with that.
    But now that I've been found out, I guess I could use the eyes to keep me moving.
    First - Nagash. When I saw that GW was releasing it, I had to have it. But I lucked out, and a friend bought it. So I get to paint it, and he has to deal with storing it haha.

I've been working on this guy for far too long - it's probably the biggest thing I've ever attempted to paint. Makes you really appreciate the 30mm minis.
    Then there's this lady - Nagash doesn't transport well, so if I'm painting away from base I bring something smaller.

There's also this, that I was working on at some point.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I've jsut seen some of the works in your gallery and I really love what you do, some beautiful work there mate
    Regards

David

AHHHHH! It's a ghost! A ghost with talent!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Welcome back bud! You have been missed. You have some excellent work going on there!
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Welcome back, and nice to see that you've been doing some painting over the long break from CMON. Nagash really is freaking huge. And with all those spirits around him he can't be an easy project to work on. Good luck with the rest of him! And I really like the warjack/beer girl figure.

Wow the bone work on Nagash is amazing, Nice to see you back posting again
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

ok mate, good to see you back
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by moetle View Post
    Welcome back bud! You have been missed. You have some excellent work going on there!
    This. And i really am liking those last two in particular.

Welcome back...

Thanks guys. It feels good to be slinging paint again.
    My buddy likes the studio paint for Nagash.
    Which is fine, but I reserved the right to deviate when I wanted to.
    You can already see it in the black/green armor, the blue ribbons, and the darker skin.
    The book was another place - it's a prominent part of the mini, and the whole "blue glaze in the cracks" bit seems a little weak.
    I haven't added the writing yet, but I have gotten the pages and the spirit mostly there.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Oh, and for reference, here's the studio paint:
    http://www.games-workshop.com/resour...3_Nagash01.jpg
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

its a super cool mini mate. I haven't had the change to paint any of the end times models yet, they all look great
    Regards

David

You should free hand a page from goodnite moon. OR lemony snikets the dark - that one creeps me the crap out o_O
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

looks good so far!

oh and nice to see u'r back Trystan