TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 104
Page 104 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    now, you just need to chrome the sword,.. *laugh*
    rofl! Quite the behemoth to get done. Looking good.

Well I took some real pics of Nagash that I'll put up here once I get them cropped and sized.
    In the meantime, some other pics.
    At one point I was casting about for some Privateer Press things to paint for GenCon, since I don't play Warmahordes.
    Mikatu was kind enough (again) to let me paint some of his stuff - which I took and let collect dust (like Nagash).
    Well even though I'm not planning on entering these into GenCon, I do want to get them done for him. He also wants me to get one done so he has a color scheme for the rest of his warband.

I know the pics look grey, but they're really purple. I'm sticking to the boxart on this one, per his request. Skin just has the base and one shade done.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

The pirate queen is great. Any pointers on using the resin as I'm about to use it myself and I'm terrified! Nagash looks really (the flames on the sword particularly)

Nagash looks great, can't wait to see the new pictures. Just to clarify, he is meant to use in games with 28mm minis? Has GW completely thrown scale out the window?

Also late congratulations on the little one. Do you find you have more or less time to paint? I remember getting quite a lot of painting done when ours was tiny. It was a great way to quietly pass the hours while mom and baby were sleeping.

Privateer Press ladies (Satyxis?) look like they should be fun to paint, and they do look purple on my screen too.

Huh. Not sure why it looked grey on my screen.

Anyways..

Darth - these particular ladies are all metal, though I think Mikatu does have a resin version.

khavor - thanks! yeah, he is. Which is crazy, as his hat is bigger than most 28mm heroes. As for painting time - as usual most of it actually comes at work. I recently moved from overnights to afternoons. So between work and sleep I try to spend most of my free time with baby, since my wife is with her all day (the other 18 hours I'm not available).
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Well here's Nagash - though the pics aren't that great since he's too big for the light tent and the camera ran out of batteries. It's not going in my gallery, that's for sure.
    *ugh - and now the forums are making the photo even smaller.*
    http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...0k/nagashf.jpg
    Last edited by TrystanGST; 06-02-2015 at 01:19 PM.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Update on the blood witches.

Skin mostly done, eyes started.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Skin done, eyes done, red started.

I have to say, I don't mind this squad painting like I thought I would.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post

I have to say, I don't mind this squad painting like I thought I would.
    We will see what you say if when you get them done! Looksgood so far.

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    We will see what you say if when you get them done! Looksgood so far.
    Hah!
    Fair point. Though in my favour, A) I'm working off of box art - so I don't have to worry about getting creative and B) they're only tabletop+, so I'm not super worried about being perfect.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

B) they're only tabletop+, so I'm not super worried about being perfect.
    Amen to that! Sometimes it's fun to just have fun when painting for fun!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Hah!
    Fair point. Though in my favour, A) I'm working off of box art - so I don't have to worry about getting creative and B) they're only tabletop+, so I'm not super worried about being perfect.
    Heheh. They are looking nice, though. I like the Satyxis, I think they're one of the better-looking older units in Warmachine.

Yep, looking good. I agree on the painting for fun, I've been touching up some old table-top quality marines for a friend and it's nice to paint just to be painting, without having to stress over every detail.

Hehe. I will give you the benefit of the doubt as I surely should not be throwing stones.

Red done. On to the swathes of blue/black.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Hair is done. The challenge will be differentiating the hair from the blue black of the stockings/straps/leather.
    Then it's silver and gold, and basing.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I haven't been entirely idle lately - but I have been doing something NOT painting (yet).

My dad has gotten me into a game called Wings of Glory - the WW1 edition. It's a lot of fun we needed some things for the game board that they don't sell. Like observation balloons.

So since his birthday was just last week, I'm papercrafting a few. You can see the Red Baron's DR1 for scale.

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

How is that game? Is it a box set? my dad loves building model planes but at 76 his hobby mojo is kinda fading so i've been looking for something fun we can spend a couple hours doing on quiet or rainy days.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

It's a lot of fun - and more tactical than you would expect.

You can get the rules/counters/accessories box for about $20, but then you have to get your own planes.
    You can get a duel pack for about $50 which comes with 2 planes and the rules and stuff.
    Individual planes range from about $9 to $15 or so. The planes come pre-assembled and painted, so it's ready to go out of the box.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460