TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 108
Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109 LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    And no instructions....
    Eek - it's like a 3D Chinese puzzle box. Maybe there're instructions online somewhere? *holds thumbs*
    Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. ~ Edgar Degas

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

All I have is this penciled pic.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...r/posts/381422
    But I figured it out.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Who needs instructions? Winging it creates unique models! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Who needs instructions? Winging it creates unique models! Lol.
    Indeed.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Huzzah! And no extra pieces left over? ;P

Is this the winner for next project? The enthusiasm is because I really enjoy seeing what people are working on and the way they go about things (just in case I was giving off creepy stalker lady vibes...).
    Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. ~ Edgar Degas

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ArchArad View Post
    Huzzah! And no extra pieces left over? ;P

Is this the winner for next project? The enthusiasm is because I really enjoy seeing what people are working on and the way they go about things (just in case I was giving off creepy stalker lady vibes...).
    Correct on both accounts!

And don't worry about stalker vibes - your only competition lately is these worn out tumbleweeds!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    And don't worry about stalker vibes - your only competition lately is these worn out tumbleweeds!
    Good to hear. It's sometimes difficult to judge how a post is being read. That being said.... *sets up camp and earns extra merit badge for stalking*

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

Good to hear. It's sometimes difficult to judge how a post is being read. That being said.... *sets up camp and earns extra merit badge for stalking*
    Hey Tryst could you slide another piece of toast under the door of the hall closet. There's a lot of hungry stalkers to feed in here...
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

*pulls out a chair for Zab* Here's your badge.

Name:  unnamed (6).jpg
Views: 160
Size:  10.4 KB
    Last edited by ArchArad; 09-04-2015 at 10:47 AM.

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Hey Tryst could you slide another piece of toast under the door of the hall closet. There's a lot of hungry stalkers to feed in here...
    Sorry Zab - no toast. Only crumpets.

Well I finished the Cryx, since I was actually at the house of the guy who they belong to. Rough pic but they're nothing special to begin with.

Kara is primed, and I will be starting her soon!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

They're not bad - some shading on the "horns" would've made a big difference. But if guy is happy with them that's great.

And crumpets are awesome! ;P

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

They're not bad - some shading on the "horns" would've made a big difference. But if guy is happy with them that's great.

And crumpets are awesome! ;P
    Yeah - the horns were the last thing. They were based with off white, washed with a brown washed, dry brushed with off white again, and then highlighted with white. Not that you could tell that from the pic.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Those came out nice. They remind me of the dark eldar from GW. So many details. I'm still having bouts of PTSD (Painting Tiny Stupid Details) Syndrome...

TrystanGST - you really can't see a lot of the details on the horns and armour from the picture I'm afraid.

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

TrystanGST - you really can't see a lot of the details on the horns and armour from the picture I'm afraid.
    Which works just fine for me, trust me.
    The armor was just based coated in metals.
    I've had these on my table as long, if not longer, than Nagash was around. I just wanted them done
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Finally got some time to work on Kara.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Awesome. The colour blocking looks good on her skin. I'm keen to see how she's going to progress.

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

So I found out something interesting - it seems the poster tack I used to stick her to her base for the photo (glue has let go TWICE already) will take paint off. That or the primer failed. Either way, repair work is needed unless she's doing a terminator impression. (sorry for the bad focus, but I take WIP shots with my phone and it does what it wants)

In happier news, I got the majority of colors blocked in. The brown will end up a linen color (like gauze bandages), the hair will be blonde, and the stone will turn a lighter blue/grey.

That leaves her garments, such as they are. I COULD go linen as well, but they seem to be a different material than the bandages (unless the bandages were torn from the garments). I'd like to go with a cool color, but nothing bright. Ideas?
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Nooooooooo! Stupid blu- tac. Love the work so far. Why not white but with cool blue undertones like the way i did my vampirella's skin?

Hmm - good thinking Zab. I'll have to give it a closer look. Once I get the other colors worked out, I should have a good idea of where to go.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460