TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Haha those legs were done quickly so that the robe would have the right shape.
    It's amazing you say that as they look so good! You must have good skills then.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

A little more done. Wee.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

looking ambitious! whats the size so far?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

calipers say 38mm. My version of truescale haha.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Been a productive day. There may be more work tonight, or maybe not. Haha.

Obviously the cloak is still a WIP, but it's been a real chore to get it free-flowing like that.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Of course there is an update. This green stuff is like crack.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Since you seem to like sanding the gs, let me suggest getting some milliputty (if that is readily available where ever you live), and mixing that with GS. The sculpting properties are almost like GS, but when cured it is much more rigid and easier to sand.

Also, a good way of making cloaks is getting two sheets of parchment paper (one used for baking), apply some lubricant to them. Then flatten a piece of greenstuff (mix milliputty if you want, but its not neccessary) between the two sheets. Let the GS cure 30min to 1h. Then cut it into a shape of a cloak. Since the GS is partially cured, you should get nice clean edges without streching the stuff. Remove the parchment paper at this point.

Now you have a totally flat piece of GS in a shape of a cloak. The GS should be cured enough so that you wont leave fingerprints on it, but you can still bend it to a wavy form of a cloak. Getting the timing right might require some practice. It is easiest to superclue the cloak on the figure, since the GS wont stick at this point anymore.

The cloak might still be a little too flat for your liking, but you can always sculpt folds on it and such. Here is a example. Sorry for a bad pic.

I actually have been using a roughly 50/50 mix of GS and Milliput standard. It's the only reason I have been able to sand. I hadn't thought of the parchment paper trick though - that would have made things a bit easier, no doubt!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

milliput on its own is the same roll it flat leave it for about 1 hour then peel it off it should have lost all its sticky properties and also the edges wont split n you can fold it
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Blog Entries

Says the champion of Milliput. I still find it challenging to sculpt and not regress back to childhood and end up eating any of it... So Bravo!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

So I took the above advice, and torpedoed the first cloak. This worked better, though I got antsy and didn't let it cure enough.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

you appear to be kicking its butt into submission, good man. the sooner you get some big armoured shoulders on it the better, im getting the urge to burst into song "the hills are alive to the sound of music" lol oops didnt say that out loud did i? meant to say thats looking butch n hairy arsed and not at all julie andrews, well done mucker

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Haha no worries old pal, I've been seeing Neo from the Matrix every time I look at this mini....
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Haha no worries old pal, I've been seeing Neo from the Matrix every time I look at this mini....
    ehem Neo, yup thats far more butch and manly...just forget the whole Julie Andrews thing *cough*

Last edited by TrystanGST; 04-19-2011 at 01:05 PM.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

thank gawd i went fer a pee before loggin on think i would have wet myself lol.
    best giggle all day.....in fact im still laughin now.

That's what I'm here for cassar - to bring some levity to your otherwise busy existence of slaving away under Jester. I'd offer you a Guiness, but seeing has how you have unfettered access to the real stuff, I won't embarrass myself lol.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Blog Entries

LOL! Brilliant!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

So work is going to send me to Houston for 3 days. No time to paint or sculpt. Boo. So I decided to do a little painting.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

What is that?!
    Name - Manufacturer - Game? - Sculptor?

It looks like the chick from FLCL...is she on a vespa?