TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 99
Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

Tombstone/zombie/skeleton would convey the death part. Putting a small sack of gold in an outstretched dead arm would help convey the taxes part.

Liking Zero (better than lion man actually )

I do have plenty of zombie arms, and GSing a coinpurse wouldn't be too hard - I may have to lift the idea!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

I've got some ripped coin purses from On the Lamb Games I can donate...just PM me.
    Could be easy to plop a few at his feet and make it apears as if he's taking another one from the viewer.
    Last edited by cannon_fodder; 01-08-2014 at 05:16 PM.
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

@cannon - thanks! I found a bunch sitting in my zombie bits box though.
    Here's a mock up - first is just the tombstone. Second adds the arm clutching a coinpurse. Placement of one or both is still up for debate. Though seeing the tombstone I'd like to include it somewhere.

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I like the vine addition, but the leaves seem way to big and may distract the eye from the mini. Maybe a finer ivy wrapped arounfpd the tombstone and opanother arounfpd the outstretched arm. You will probably need to play with different placements of the tombstone.

Cool! Though I agree about the ivy there, you could probably throw something together from paper, white glue and florist's wire that would be closer in scale in about a half an hour
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Blog Entries

I like the Ivy as is. We have big ivy in California.

The Deth and Taxxis(?) mini is very nice. Who makes this model?

I really like the way you have them painted. The skin tone of the female compliments the blues in the skin of the creature. Very well done! I really want to find this model and buy it now.

The ivy on the tombstone looks like a good idea and the fact that you trimmed the tombstone down some and angled it makes it look a lot better than if you have just glued it standing straight up on the base. The Ivy will be better if you paint it dark and have some blue tint in the green of the vives to match the creature. I think the only way the ivy would detract from the model would be if you painted it a very bright contrasting color.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks guys. I like khthoth's idea of keeping the ivy muted. I will paint it up, and we can see how it looks. I have a bunch of those tombstones, so if it's a bust I can always make another.

*edit* oh - and Deth is made by Hasslefree.

Some work on the Lion Knight - getting close.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

As you can see, he lost a few fingers in transport tonight. Which stinks, because while one was a glue join, the other was actually a resin break. The first I've suffered with a KD mini actually. And it's my fault for not transporting it better. Anyways, blue is almost done. I did what Andy suggested and tried to glaze a little purple here and there, although these phone pics might not show it. Just need to finish the busted hand, do the shoes, and then *gulp* the claws. And the mane. And base him.

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I could have sworn I already posted this here, but Deth is done: http://www.coolminiornot.com/348917
    In the end, I decided not to add anything more to the base. That leaves it a little plainer than I had hoped, but since the base he's on wasn't planned around adding things (except maybe Ingrid), ultimately it felt like I was just tacking things on. Better to leave well enough alone.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Voted. That hint of purple made a heck of a difference, i can especially see the effect in the first photo. Good call.

Like what I see on the blue armour parts, to bad about the hand thou. Looking forward too see the end result.

Kretcher
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Good call on Deth and Taxxis. Bummer about Simba's declawing :P Stunning paint though!!!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Ouch, well at least you didn't lose the fingers. I've broken off my fair share of pieces just from being clumsy while painting. Trying to transport offers all sorts of new dangers!

The lion knight is looking good (even if he is now giving me the finger). Are you planning to base him by himself or will you be using the ladies too? I thought I remembered you painting them a while back... but maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Sorry, I'm too lazy to dig through 99 pages of WIP to find the answer myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    @cannon - thanks! I found a bunch sitting in my zombie bits box though.
    Here's a mock up - first is just the tombstone. Second adds the arm clutching a coinpurse. Placement of one or both is still up for debate. Though seeing the tombstone I'd like to include it somewhere.

I like the tombstone, but 2 things that may help it are:

1. Crack it up a bit...scoll lines in it, or even crumble the top and have it resting against the bottom/ground. A little age would help in this case (not just pale tones)

2. I think the current placement makes the entire picture 'backheavy.' The coin purse is onlt visible from the side. I think I'd move the tombstone a bit closer to his fist...maybe have the coin purse against it....

just a couple thoughts
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey03 View Post
    Ouch, well at least you didn't lose the fingers. I've broken off my fair share of pieces just from being clumsy while painting. Trying to transport offers all sorts of new dangers!

The lion knight is looking good (even if he is now giving me the finger). Are you planning to base him by himself or will you be using the ladies too? I thought I remembered you painting them a while back... but maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Sorry, I'm too lazy to dig through 99 pages of WIP to find the answer myself.
    They'll be based separately/together. I have nice Lion themed Scibor bases, which will be placed into a larger base/plinth, like you'd see for a squad entry at certain painting competitions.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Lion Knight is looking good so far. Sucks about the fingers!! >< One suggestion I have that will make the chest area "pop" a bit more - Maybe some definition between the metal plates and the cloth underneath would make those elements stick out a bit more. Right now there is no real line or definition between the elements, so maybe a darker thin line beneath the armor areas would help define everything and make the nmm look even better.
    Now don't get distracted with anything else and finish this bad boy up!
    My Rank -

good catch. I didn't even notice that until I went back and looked at the pics. I'm not usually a fan of dark/blacklining, but I think it's almost imperative here.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Not a lot of time to paint the last few days, but I did get some paint on the base. It's a shame the photo robs a lot of color from the base - it was primed black, based with GW Charadon Granite (dark green-grey), washed with SW Armor Wash (brown-black), heavily drybrushed with P3 Ironhull grey (lighter greenish grey), and then lightly drybrushed with VMC Basic Skintone (pinkish white). Of course the picture just looks grey. The stones still look too uniform, so I need a way to break it up a bit. Of course some of the contrast is lost too. Such is WIP shots I guess.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460