Sucker Punch sucks
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sucker Punch sucks

Default Sucker Punch sucks

Man... what a let down that was. Tried for high concept action flick which failed miserably. Total waste of great design.
    I like it firm and fruity!

that just about figures, I was looking forward to going to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterzUSMC View Post
    that just about figures, I was looking forward to going to see that.
    Indeed, I was hopeful as well...never saw Watchmen but I liked 300 and all the previews looked promising. Perhaps it's at least a wait for DVD/On Demand?

Iv really went off going to cinema the past few years. Iv seen a few big release with the children but nothing has really struck me like say the newer star wars/lord of the rings. The price puts me off also, i took my son to see Yogi bear and for an adult and child + 1 popcorn and 2 drinks cost nearly £20!

Thats a weeks petrol.

OMG im ranting

Quote Originally Posted by Master of fact View Post
    cost nearly £20!

Thats a weeks petrol.
    really? if it only costs you £20 a week, surely you can walk you lazy git!! i have decided to save money so i am converting my car to work on Bollinger
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

movie, me, and 2 kids, costs $50 easily here. of course if we sneak it all in, its still only $30. lol

gas for me is also generally $50 a week.

and yeah sucker punch hits you in your taint.........bad times...

although the hot girls in small skirts were a good thing.
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

I'm not surprised that the movie sucked. Visually, it looked cool, but you could kinda tell by the trailer that it wasn't going to be much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by gsr15 View Post
    Indeed, I was hopeful as well...never saw Watchmen but I liked 300 and all the previews looked promising. Perhaps it's at least a wait for DVD/On Demand?
    The pacing of the film was completely off. It could easily have been edited down to 45 minutes. The first 5 to 10 minutes of story setup was entirely in slow motion with zero action and no dialog. Super super indulgent.
    I like it firm and fruity!

What about the action? I saw a bit of it with what seemed to be air filled Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterzUSMC View Post
    What about the action? I saw a bit of it with what seemed to be air filled Nazis.
    Well, I was sold with the trailer and was super excited to go see it.

The action scenes were actually really poorly filmed. Moving camera plus really close up fast movement makes it impossible to tell what is going on. If you were to ask me any details on those Nazi guys uniform or what some of the robots look like, I really cannot tell you THB. I was really looking forward to a good flick, but no such luck.

lol Walk! Thats what primates do! Im fortunate my work is only 3 miles away, i still drive as there are several schools i work for in the area and have to be there sharp.

Il prob rent this movie in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Chern Ann View Post
    Man... what a let down that was. Tried for high concept action flick which failed miserably. Total waste of great design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chern Ann View Post
    The pacing of the film was completely off. It could easily have been edited down to 45 minutes. The first 5 to 10 minutes of story setup was entirely in slow motion with zero action and no dialog. Super super indulgent.
    Damn, was hoping it was going to be worthwhile coughing up the dosh to go see.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Oh, well, THANKs again Chern for your advice.
    As usual it is helpful, if not joyful in this case...LOL.

After reading reviews and hearing other peoples opinions I know exactly what I am walking into if I decide to go see it. A train wreck!

So let's see. Cross off "go to see" and edit in "add to Netflix queue" on "want-to-do" list.

Cool. Figure that saved me at least $15.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    I'm not surprised that the movie sucked. Visually, it looked cool, but you could kinda tell by the trailer that it wasn't going to be much more than that.
    That should really be the first clue now-a-days. Movies are based off of a single gimmick, so if it's visually awesome they tend to fall short on the story.
    You could claim that Lord of the Rings was different until you realize that not only did they change portions of the story to make it more apetizing for movie goers, but the graphics quality was below what could have been done in favor of using a system that allows the individual models in the render to make reactive decisions based on the created environment. Not that it was a bad decision or a bad movie. They sacrificed a little on style and visuals to make a better over-all story.

300 was like that, as it took from an abridged version of an abridged version (the comic based off the book based off the history based off the event) and abridged it to added more visuals (though if they'd kept to the comic, every character would be as naked as Doctor Manhatten was in Watchmen, all the time). Even Dark Knight and Batman Begins were gimmicky as hell, but still awesome movies.

can't say I am all that surprised really. I felt like teh movie was marketed at my crotch. Anytime you NEED sex to sell somethign it will otherwise be an absolute waste.

Currently rated 6.8 on IMDb (presumably inflated by fanboy votes*) which isn't a terrible score, but it's likely to drop if it's as frustrating to watch as it sounds.

*Yes, 32.7% voted 10!

Einion

Had the displeasure of watching it as well. 6.8 on IMDB is far too generous. I'd rate it a 4. It just seems like they completely botched up the idea in editing, or the director was taking things for granted.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

I know there's a lot of hate for this movie, but I kinda liked it. Yeah, I'm weird like that - I also liked Hudson Hawk.

Truthfully, as a movie, it was bad. I agree with Cherns evaluation with the 1st 1/3 of the movie. I went in under the idea of "this is going to be a really long, cool, gorgeous music video" and wasn't disappointed in that. It's one you could just throw in the Blue Ray player, hit random on the iPod (Industrio-techno-dance playlist..) and have fun watching.

There were some really cool one off concepts (Shogun Assault Cannon? I'll take two!) and that dragon was something that should be seriously looked at for Smaug.

And I did happen to stick around for the end credits and had a laugh at the cover of Grace Jones' "Love is the Drug". We had a couple of younger people walking out comment about "why are they still watching that?" We just laughed.
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    your my boogaboo. thanks suki.
    Bigshoota.com

Granite City Waaagh! Fest!
    The Big Mek Manual

bullets left and I'm comin' for ya!