Sucker Punch sucks - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sucker Punch sucks

***SPOILER ALERT!***

It's an action packed series of music video fantasies and gamer fodder, within an imaginary story of a whorehouse, within a sappy evil step dad molester drama.
    Almost seemed like something Tarantino would've made.
    I liked it. I LOVED the action fairytale sequences!

I thought that the story line was to drawn out. I new the ending ten minutes in to the movie. The action scenes were awsome though.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterzUSMC View Post
    ***SPOILER ALERT!***
    It's an action packed series of music video fantasies and gamer fodder, within an imaginary story of a whorehouse, within a sappy evil step dad molester drama.
    Almost seemed like something Tarantino would've made. (1)
    I liked it. I LOVED the action fairytale sequences!
    (1 Ok that would be enough for me to decide to not watch it at all. I consider Tarantino to be grossly overrated.)
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    (1 Ok that would be enough for me to decide to not watch it at all. I consider Tarantino to be grossly overrated.)
    So do I...LMAO. that was not a compliment for the movie, but one of my complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    I just got back from Sucker Punch. It was awesome. Well parts were. Overall it was still a good movie, and well worth full fare (to me).
    I watched it today. It was f*cking awesome. The moment my sculpting skills suffice * I'm sculpting me a Babydoll:

* Around the year 2020.
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 04-03-2011 at 06:06 AM.

I'd rather have a Steampunk Nazi Zombie...

Chaingun Samurai.
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

Steampunk Nazis reminded me of these Forge World figures:

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    Chaingun Samurai.
    HELL YEAH!
    That was just the greatest scene in the whole movie....over far too quick.

My mistake, these were the ones I was looking for:

Those minis are awesome.
    The chaingun samurai huh? He'd have to be pretty big.
    Last edited by TrystanGST; 04-03-2011 at 08:30 AM.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Just did a quick google image search. You'd have to guess a lot on the samurai, since there's a shortage of good source pics. Doesn't mean it couldn't be done....hmm.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    Chaingun Samurai.
    Amen!

I'll take that dragon as Smaug too.
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    your my boogaboo. thanks suki.
    Bigshoota.com

Granite City Waaagh! Fest!
    The Big Mek Manual

bullets left and I'm comin' for ya!

Although I think that the dragon was a recycle of the one from Harry Potter.
    I almost think that I would like to see a action movie based on the WW1 scene. Steampunk trench warfare sounds "interesting".
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

Now that you mention it definitely was a WWI battle scene!! That robot kept reminding me of Machinen Krieger even though she was flying around shooting up dirigibles and biplanes which were standard WWI weapons!! Oh well.

I do have to say that Sucker Punch is way better than Battle for LA!! The battle scenes were just done way better.

I'm so tired of seeing dainty young women wielding katanas. Seriously, is anyone left in Hollywood that remembers that there are hundreds of other swords? The first couple of times it was interesting, but now I'm convinced that the only research being done for movies is from other over the top movies.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

Here's a question for you guys who have been around this hobby for a bit...If someone were to make a mini of the chaingun samurai, and wanted to sell it to a few interested parties, would they run afoul of copyright stuff? Like how Kabuki and Scibor make "space knights" instead of space marines?
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Hi Trystan, the gist is that it's fine to be inspired by something & produce your own version, just not a 1:1 copy. It's actually mention of TM names, such as "Sucker Punch" or "BabyDoll", attached to the marketing that will lead to trouble.

IANAL B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Gotcha - so if "someone" were to make a samurai with a chaingun, but didn't advertise it as related to the movie, he/she'd probably be ok. Cool.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by IdofEntity View Post
    I'm so tired of seeing dainty young women wielding katanas. Seriously, is anyone left in Hollywood that remembers that there are hundreds of other swords? The first couple of times it was interesting, but now I'm convinced that the only research being done for movies is from other over the top movies.

Well the elder sister did have a long sword on her back, and the younger one was using a dirk, as well as a one shot flintlock?!?! Not what I'd call a good backup piece.