Article: Crystal Brush 2011 Winners!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Crystal Brush 2011 Winners!

Default Article: Crystal Brush 2011 Winners!

Congratulations!

On a funny note; Banshee, so many people want to see your miniatures that your photobucket account crashed . Go upgrade for Pro

Would like to see some sort of write up as to why this mini won top honors. What was it that took it over the top.

Will post more pictures in the Crystal Brush gallery as we process them. Right now I'm dead.

The giant was the best of show..

Grats Everyone! Beautiful miniatures all around!

Looks great! The winners look awesome.Hope the event went well! (and you didn't lose money so we can see this again next year!)

For me te giant is the best of show, ambiance, concept , sculpture a perfect work!!!
    congrats to mrika the mini is very fine and cleane, very elegant

I love these winners minis!!! AWESOME!! But Banshee RUUULLEEESSSSS!!
    Congratulations all!

CONGRATS FOR WINNERS. But for me the giant are the BOS. THe Mrika miniatura are very great ...but the giant is in other level....

Congratulations! Three awesome miniatures - I don't envy the judges having to pick between these. But then with such high quality work it was impossible to pick the "wrong" miniature

Gratz, the giant is one of the best minis that i have ever seen!

The giant is an amazing model, but in person had a handful of blending/color choice flaws that probably cost it a few points with the judges. (Yes, it's nit-picking, but we're talking about ten grand here!) As hesitant as I was to admit that a 'cheesecake' model was the best one in the case, there really was no question at any point that Marike's model would win. From the moment it hit the case, the discussions shifted to "OK, who's 2 and 3?" The intricate detail and flawless execution are really hard to see on-line, but the overall use of color and composition were what pushed this model above all the other well-executed pieces.

Congratulations winners!!!
    Very nice three miniatures!
    But objectively I think that Morko was the best "dancing"!
    Alfonso and Diego the best!
    Regards from Spain!
    Last edited by anigp; 04-06-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Having seen them all in person, I must say that while I loved the colors, character, and the visual story of the Dance, Morko, Dance! piece, I was dumbfounded by the precision, the silky smooth blends, and the unbelievable detail on the Kraken Priestess's garb. And the tentacles rising from the deep brought a much-needed depth and energy to what is actually a fairly two-dimensional sculpt.

Newbie, please be gentle savage angel's Avatar

Well done to all I’m glad that some of the models I voted for won but it’s a shame it was a U.S comp not a online world comp. because every one knows that most of the best painters are from Europe not the U.S and if it wasn’t for the support of all the painters all over the world coolminiornot would not be the success that it is to day. And one more thing the online voting was a bit biased some models had up to four photos and some had far less plus some had close up’s and most did not.
    Last edited by savage angel; 04-04-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: left a word out

Quote Originally Posted by savage angel View Post
    but it’s a shame it was a U.S comp not a online world comp. because every one knows that most of the best painters are from Europe not the U.S
    Angel... I suggest you check winners country of origin... just for the fun of it. You are right you know, the Shadow Federation of American Painters payed top dollars to International Freelance Mob Organization that prevented all these European painters from coming, you know the story - car bombs, visa troubles, random accident, sudden bouts of stomach flu and so on and so forth.

It sounds like it was a lot of fun, as it should be.
    Great to see all the miniatures that have entered into the competition.
    Congratulations to the winners. You put out masterpieces.

The detail on Mrika's miniature is in a catagory 'out of this world'.
    It's crisp and clean, rich in color and the scene is just perfect.
    I guess that nearly all painting techniques there are went into that mini.

Having said this, I only wonder what happened to Jennifer Haley, as she was announced to take part into this competition.
    From her website I know that she entered a Valkyrie, which looked awesome to say the least.

Great competition, hope to see it again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by lotrmaster6 View Post
    Having said this, I only wonder what happened to Jennifer Haley, as she was announced to take part into this competition.
    From her website I know that she entered a Valkyrie, which looked awesome to say the least.
    That's why she won the category she entered: http://crystalbrush.coolminiornot.co...rk/index/id/51 Check the winners here: http://crystalbrush.coolminiornot.com/cbwinners/index (Single model or bust, total size no larger than 150x150x150)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by GunjiNoKanrei View Post
    That's why she won the category she entered: http://crystalbrush.coolminiornot.co...rk/index/id/51 Check the winners here: http://crystalbrush.coolminiornot.com/cbwinners/index (Single model or bust, total size no larger than 150x150x150)
    Thanks for the link, that's a page I had not found yet.
    Keep up the good work everyone .
    Have fun and keep on painting