Sparty WIP - Cadian Commander

Thread: Sparty WIP - Cadian Commander

Default Sparty WIP - Cadian Commander

Another mini on the work bench. I seem to be starting a lot of minis, just not finishing a whole bunch. I am getting closer on this one, outside of the base - still noodling on a good theme for that. I see little bursts of improvement so that is a good thing.

Not the greatest pic - highlights are a bit stronger in real life. Comments/suggestions much appreciated.

Name:  2011-04-06 19-43-29.475.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  23.8 KB
    Last edited by Sparty; 04-07-2011 at 11:24 AM.

lovely blending on the coat
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

the face is really great the monacle glass looks brown in the picture, wip still i presume? nicely done
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

The coat is actually much more interesting in real life. I accidentally used water that I had been using to clean my brush after doing some metallic work on another mini. In person, the coat almost looks like satin. Its is a very cool effect and one I plan on playing with again in the future.

Yep, no work yet on the monocle. Hopefully done tonight or tomorrow - gotta find some time to paint!