you think sucker punch sucked!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: you think sucker punch sucked!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Wow I'm NOT Alone.

I'm going to upset a number of people here but I recently watched BULLIT for the first time since I saw it originally in the movie theatre.
    MAN is that way overhyped.
    The best car chase in movies, sorry no, when in the space of 30 seconds you see the same VW Beetle being passed 4 times interspaced with other cars.
    *breaks out the torch and pitchfork*
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

The worst I ever saw was Andy Warhol’s “Frankenstein” in 3D. Extreme Gore, Extreme Weirdness, Necrophilia, incest, and some of the worst acting ever with lines like “In order to understand life you have to F**K death” It has burned itself into the darkest parts of my mind with no way to purge it. Worst Halloween EVER!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ulfr View Post
    The worst I ever saw was Andy Warhol’s “Frankenstein” in 3D. Extreme Gore, Extreme Weirdness, Necrophilia, incest, and some of the worst acting ever with lines like “In order to understand life you have to F**K death” It has burned itself into the darkest parts of my mind with no way to purge it. Worst Halloween EVER!!!!!
    Warhol did a Frankenstein flick? No way! I may have to check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by waynesndrs View Post
    Warhol did a Frankenstein flick? No way! I may have to check it out!
    I concur. To Netflix!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    we wont kill you...just put you in a boat with seven scottish vikings and only sea water to drink lol
    Oh boy... seven scottish vikings AND all the sea water I can chug?? Does it make me a bad person if I don't think this sounds bad? I'm sure there's worse ways to go out...

Quote Originally Posted by Minicreatures View Post
    Oh boy... seven scottish vikings AND all the sea water I can chug?? Does it make me a bad person if I don't think this sounds bad? I'm sure there's worse ways to go out...
    Dehydrating your own body while getting gangraped by a bunch of sex-starved heavily bearded gingers? Oh, there are worse ways I'm sure... I'll just think long and hard about it way over here...
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    I'm going to upset a number of people here but I recently watched BULLIT for the first time since I saw it originally in the movie theatre.
    MAN is that way overhyped.
    The best car chase in movies, sorry no, when in the space of 30 seconds you see the same VW Beetle being passed 4 times interspaced with other cars.
    What about the Dodge losing more than four hubcaps?

I agree it's overhyped, but FWIW I think it's a good movie for its era and the car chase can unfortunately overshadow the rest of it when you're watching because it's been built up in the popular imagination so much. The car chase is very good, outstanding for its time and parts are even exciting to watch today (not that it doesn't have its flaws but then even some of the best movies have some awful clangers).

For anyone who wasn't around then or who has forgotten it, Greatest car chase ever filmed -

Einion

Never seen any of the movies mentioned to this point, but here's a personal list:

Creature (can anyone say RUBBER SUIT)

Dragonslayer

Mortal Kombat 2- (#1 knew what it was, a movie about a video game about fighting. Annihilation tried to add a plot and make the characters relate-able)

Personal front-runners:

Overboard with Adam Sandler

Ghosts of Mars by John Carpenter

2 honorable mentions:

Highlander: the Source
    Relic

(both are enjoyable to a point, but still questionable)

Edited to add: Hey Look!! I killed another forum thread....not sure why.....
    Last edited by cannon_fodder; 04-12-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Einion View Post
    You need to go down the food chain to below the worst Uwe Boll film to get to the real bottom of the barrel stuff. Z-grade movies which are so bad that there's literally nothing good about them - stupid plot, terrible acting, bad direction/editing, rubbish cinematography (amazing how often that's overlooked), sucky music, crap sound (ever watched a film that was entirely looped, and badly?).

Honestly, a film should really tick all these boxes to even be in contention for worst movie ever, and many of the nominations people make aren't even in the running - Titanic, Waterworld, The Incredible Hulk, Troy, First Knight... no matter how poor they are in any respects, compared to Manos: The Hands Of Fate they're all cinematic masterpieces

Einion
    Alright, Manos was pretty bad, but it spawned a meme and cult following based on Torgo. I would nominate Uwe Boll's In The Name Of The King as the worst. Not only did the idiot have funding and promos that his movies usually lack (because he's that bad, not that they make him bad) but he had an excellent cast as well. Instead the brain dead fool makes a movie that looks like they just put together live action cut-scenes and forgot the film the rest of the in-between sections. So you have a movie consisting of 5 second soundbite scenes and no information, story, or continuity.

First post and have to share the most mind numbing movie ever:

Santa Claus (also known as Santa Claus vs The Devil)

MST3K did a feature of it for one of the episodes and dear lord...
    one of the more memorable parts of the movie... and disturbing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB8gY...eature=related

I can´t believe none of you has mentioned Star Crash - easily within the top 10 of worst scifi flicks of all times. Not only is the acting abysmal and the writing horrible, but this movie says to hell with physics on so many points that it left me speechless.

oh and then there is Battlefield Earth - but let´s not go there, it´s a dark and twisted place where logic and common sense don´t exist.

Oh and what about spiderman 3? The only reason i watched that goddamm POS was Venom and they gave him less than 20 minutes time on the screen. Oh and don´t get me started on "evil Peter Parker". When i first saw him all i could think was: "This is an insult to any kid shopping at hot toppic". Really, it was pathetic.

@Cassar: if your interested to see some really horrivle movies made fun of: Brad Jones on ThatGuywiththeglases.com makes a living by reviewing exploitation movies, some of which are so weird, you won´t believe they exist. Here´s the link in case you don´t know him:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/bj/tcs

( some of it is NSFW )
    • Let me put forward another suggestion: That you are nothing more than a lucky species of ape that is trying to understand the complexities of creation via a language that evolved in order to tell one another where the ripe fruit was?

-Terry Pratchet, Death and what comes next

I rather liked Valhalla Rising!

I´d nominate "undefeatable" as one of the worst clankers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxkr4wS7XqY
    Fluff Logic only applies in the GW game-iverse and has absolutley nothing to do with reality. It needs to be applied heavy handed and with liberal amounts of fan boy body odour.

I..uh..have nothing to say after watching that......movie (?).....is that....is that considered a movie?

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Napoleon Dynamite has to be up on the top of the list. I want that 90 minutes back.

Any movie that SyFlop made. Great series, but terrible movies.

Starship Troopers. They spent the whole movie on character development only to find out he has none. (I shudder at II & III).

Last weekend I cried on my remote as I watched Johnna Hex. Did anyone involved with that movie ever even read one of the comic books?
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by airhead View Post
    Napoleon Dynamite has to be up on the top of the list. I want that 90 minutes back.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by airhead View Post
    Last weekend I cried on my remote as I watched Johnna Hex. Did anyone involved with that movie ever even read one of the comic books?
    Yes, I'm sure plenty of the people involved did. I'm also certain that those people had no say in the way the film was made. Directors and Writers can be sadistic jerks.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

Blog Entries

Eragon is the most god f**ked movie I have ever watched. To make matters worse, I watched it on a flight, even thought I was at 30,000 ft with f*ck all else to do , I STILL wish I had that time back...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Oh! Oh!

Dungeons & Dragons. There are better story telling skills in a D&D group of 16 year olds.
    Last edited by IdofEntity; 04-13-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

Blog Entries

Ok, that's another prime example. I only managed a flash of that flick before deciding it was god awful. This is probably a prime site to consolidate the haters.

Hating yet?

Arite, lets burn something.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...