you think sucker punch sucked!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you think sucker punch sucked!!!!

Default you think sucker punch sucked!!!!

i realise the movie im nominating for the suckiest movie ever in the universe ever award isnt recent but its not old either. brace for impact, or alternatively put your head between your legs and reach for the sick bag!!!
    i watched it right to the end because i couldnt believe it wouldnt get any better, it didnt
    the movie is "VALHALLA RISING"

if anyone dares to watch it and say they enjoyed it, well i have some tablets spare there's obviously something wrong with the wiring in yer head

other nominations in this category are welcome lol maybe i will avoid paying for this type of drogh in the future
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Funny you mention that. I, too, started watching that film. I gave up about 20 minutes in. It's the worst kind of bad movie. At least the really bad ones can be enjoyed in their suckiness. It's the films that are just bad enough to be blah. Those are the true stinkers.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

"if anyone dares to watch it and say they enjoyed it, well i have some tablets spare there's obviously something wrong with the wiring in yer head"

Well, I liked it. But then again most people are not used to broken time and space-lines, so I presume it was a bit too complicated for you.

I think we should start a fantasy/sci-fi/horror/action movie thread!! People can post up good and bad movies alike. No drama stuff though no matter how good it is!

I have seen some of this; one of my roommates brought it home to watch one night. The five minutes I watched were pretty violent, visceral and decadent!! I was too busy painting and studying to watch the whole thing.

Haven't seen that one, but have you seen Ultraviolet? In the realm of decent-budget Hollywood type movies, that ranks up there as one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by cassar
    i realise the movie im nominating for the suckiest movie ever in the universe ever award... is "VALHALLA RISING"
    Seriously, you think this is the worst movie ever? I'm envious, you haven't seen much crap!

I would have thought there's be some better contenders from Si-Fi's recent crop of straight-to-video garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST
    It's the worst kind of bad movie. At least the really bad ones can be enjoyed in their suckiness. It's the films that are just bad enough to be blah. Those are the true stinkers.
    Oh I think it's the reverse: the truly godawful, irredeemable, I-seriously-can't-believe-anyone-could-make-a-film-this-bad are the worst.

Oh and officially: crap! The same director is set to helm the remake of Logan's Run... time to go re-read the book and imagine how good it might have been.

Einion

You need to go down the food chain to below the worst Uwe Boll film to get to the real bottom of the barrel stuff. Z-grade movies which are so bad that there's literally nothing good about them - stupid plot, terrible acting, bad direction/editing, rubbish cinematography (amazing how often that's overlooked), sucky music, crap sound (ever watched a film that was entirely looped, and badly?).

Honestly, a film should really tick all these boxes to even be in contention for worst movie ever, and many of the nominations people make aren't even in the running - Titanic, Waterworld, The Incredible Hulk, Troy, First Knight... no matter how poor they are in any respects, compared to Manos: The Hands Of Fate they're all cinematic masterpieces

Einion

aargh its like when someone says "DONT LOOK!" you just have to, im going to resist temptation......maybe.

oh forgot to mention valhalla rising is the only movie i've ever seen where the lead name doesnt say a word in the entire movie, not one. the vikings appear to be glaswegens and they too say very little. embarrassment probably lol
    Last edited by cassar; 04-08-2011 at 04:30 AM.

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Jaws 4 now that's a BAD film, oh my god its bad. How can you go from the original JAWS (One of the best movies ever made, a landmark, a masterpiece) to this shit?
    aaaaahhh!
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Obviously it is all a matter of taste, I never remember a title if the movie is excruciatingly bad but these one were really disappointing: Cat Woman, Dungeons and Dragons, Battlefield Earth. While LOTR unfortunately remains unmatched in the fantasy genre (HP is good but certainly no match). The last movies I saw were Tangled (+) and Black Swan (-), but I have always liked cartoons (especially PIXAR).

Am I going to be too mainstream for this thread if I just nominate 'Plan 9 from outer space'?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Quote Originally Posted by cassar
    aargh its like when someone says "DONT LOOK!" you just have to, im going to resist temptation......maybe.
    Oh in that case, next time Ticker is on TV, don't watch it

@pippin - good point about forgetting the titles of really bad stuff, I'm sure that must be true of most people. Given enough time memory of the film itself will fade too... I only have the vaguest recollection of all the bad films I saw back in the days of video.

@Chrome - probably, but even that - wobbly set, new actor subbed in for Karloff in the middle and all the rest - isn't completely bad in every respect.

Einion

Does your list include made for TV films? If so, there are a bunch to be named from the SyFy channel that fill the fantasy/sci-fi/horror/action movie catagory right on that channel alone. Yeah, and to complain more on that channel I think the new name stinks too. The name Sci-Fi was good, but Syfy stinks.

I don't recommend puting on that channel at 2 in the morning and expect to watch something good...
    Last edited by RED-7; 04-08-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-7 View Post
    Does your list include made for TV films? If so, there are a bunch to be named from the SyFy channel that fill the fantasy/sci-fi/horror/action movie catagory right on that channel alone. Yeah, and to complain more on that channel I think the new name stinks too. The name Sci-Fi was good, but Syfy stinks.

I don't recommend puting on that channel at 2 in the morning and expect to watch something good...
    It can be either made for TV (even though TV's are pretty much obselete), DVD, VHS (it was too horrible to go to DVD!) or straight theatre release! I think somebody began a thread similar to my idea already though.

Ah yes. Manos. The movie that made Tom Servo and Crow T Robot cry.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Watching grass grow - watching Citizen Kane...............no difference.
    Surrealism: You have two giraffes. The government requires you to take harmonica lessons.

Don't kill me... I really liked Valhalla Rising for some reason. However I cringe when I think of Manos Hands of Fate... I can hear the music now. My boyfriend LOVES how bad it is and loves bringing it up as an option to watch when he's around people who haven't seen it... he's also been on a kick recently of Steven Segal movies... those are pretty terrible too. He's building up his repertoire of Segal movie quotes...

Quote Originally Posted by Minicreatures View Post
    Don't kill me... I really liked Valhalla Rising for some reason. However I cringe when I think of Manos Hands of Fate... I can hear the music now. My boyfriend LOVES how bad it is and loves bringing it up as an option to watch when he's around people who haven't seen it... he's also been on a kick recently of Steven Segal movies... those are pretty terrible too. He's building up his repertoire of Segal movie quotes...
    we wont kill you...just put you in a boat with seven scottish vikings and only sea water to drink lol

Gotta agree watched it all the way through lost so many brain cells reminded me of when I was in HIGH school if you no what I mean,couldn't wait for it to end but alas couldn't turn it off either,hoped it would get better, all time worst movie in my book and the wifes as well.Until I brought this p.o.s. home she thought "The Six String Samurai" was the was the all time waste of film of which it is one of my somewhat favorite movies I own.DD

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn R. L. View Post
    Watching grass grow - watching Citizen Kane...............no difference.
    Wow I'm NOT Alone.

I'm going to upset a number of people here but I recently watched BULLIT for the first time since I saw it originally in the movie theatre.
    MAN is that way overhyped.
    The best car chase in movies, sorry no, when in the space of 30 seconds you see the same VW Beetle being passed 4 times interspaced with other cars.

OH and bad movies....1978's "Starcrash", not even the Lamb's Navy Rum calendar girl Caroline Munro can rescue this from the dungheap.

And OH YES have to mention this one:

A.I.

Sat through some dire movies, but that one, sheeeeeesh. Bladderstraining boredom.
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 04-09-2011 at 02:18 AM.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.