CMON annual 2010 submission screen/link
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMON annual 2010 submission screen/link

Default CMON annual 2010 submission screen/link

Hey folks,

I like to think I"m relatively intelligent, but I'm a bit confused about the process of submitting a photo for the CMON 2010 annual (I have some invitations).

Here's what I'm seeing:

I'm confused because:

- it's showing skaven models I can't delete from this screen
    - I assume the existing shot isnt suitable for print
    - am I supposed to upload much larger ones? it shows a size limit of 100k?

I'm probably just not understanding it properly but would like to enter

regards

Jarrett

Jarett, the screen you're looking at contains all the images you've uploaded for the annual, not just for that entry. We'll get that sorted so it's less confusing.
    I like it firm and fruity!

Hey chern
    one image on my 10mpx camera is normally around 1-3MB Is that to big a file size?
    in order to lower the file size i have to reduce the mpx's which means the quality of the photos will suffer. I had to do this last time and as a result none of my 3 miniatures made it into the 2009 annual.
    any sugestions? or help would be greatfull.
    thanks

ah, ok got it Chern Ann. I think i figured it out now!

We can accept up to 10 megs per pic, so no problem. Don't lower the file size.

sorry to hijack the thread, but how much time do we have to get a better photo?

I ask mainly because the mini is relatively far away (another country), and I'll get there only for the upcoming holidays, so about 2 weeks until I can take pictures.

We are closing solicitations May 1st, so you should have enough time to get something together.

oh, thats a good news for me - my pics are in total CHAOS)

oh, and one more queston.
    while in the upload area, the mini has another score, different from original score. what does that mean?

That's the registered voters score, it's for our own reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Chern Ann View Post
    That's the registered voters score.
    well, they`r rather kind to most of my works =)
    thanks for answer.

Blog Entries

Ah, handy, I was wondering about this myself. The models picked for me have been sold so it'd be pretty impossible to get new pics. Are new pics absolutely required or can you use the ones in the gallery? Something about the mail from Borg about unusable resolutions converting to print and needing new pics confused me entirely.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Basically just submit the highest res pictures you have, as long as they are each under 10 megs in size.

Blog Entries

Ah, that's not a problem then. Thanks Chern.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

It says, "You may upload multiple views of each miniature."

Should we upload multiple views as a single composite image, or multiple separate images? Also, will the uploaded images replace the originals in the gallery, or will the image in the gallery stay the same, with the new images just being used for the book?

Hi,
    Please use multiple images (i.e. not a composite image). Originals in the gallery are not affected.

Okay, maybe this is a silly question, but I've never been very computer savy so I'm a little confused. In the upload area I see a button that says "update" by the original gallery image and a link at the bottom of the page that says "return to index". I am supposed to click on one of these in order to complete my upload or is it done as soon as I see the pics displayed beneath the gallery image with the remove button next to them?

How do we know that we've done the upload correctly? Do we get a confirmation email or something?

Thanks!
    Jen

Once you see the image under the gallery image it has uploaded, I deed some pics yesterday and will be adding a couple more later today.

What happened to mine was when I clicked away from the page and re-opened it, the pics were still there. So for me, once I uploaded them, they were there and they stayed there
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    i prefer to get two miniatures and rub them around on my gaming bobos.
    Totally going for #1 -->