Rackham\'s tiny legged girls
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rackham\'s tiny legged girls

Default Rackham\'s tiny legged girls

What\'s up with all Rackham\'s female miniatures having such spindly little legs? Put a piece of armor over those big chests and the legs would snap like toothpicks. For a company that makes such awesome monsters, their female miniatures kinda suck.

Default Well...

There are probably a lot of female athletes out there who would disagree with you;)

I disagree with you Finn.
    Female atheletes would feel sorry for such women because of the life-long back pain.
    People who are into healthy muscular bodies don\'t appreciate the starvation look.

Default That\'s your opinion

You and I have disagreed on this topic before:P

Muscular does not necessarily = healthy. As someone who spent about 10 years religiously weight training, I can vouch for that.

It\'s a matter of personal perspective and one in which there seems to be a transatlantic divide. The Fiannas do not look starved to me, and I am certain I am not alone in this.

Default agree/disagree...

As a whole, I like the Rackham \'women\'. I agree they don\'t look \"starved\" but they are thin.

But, on the other hand, there are a few of the sculpts (the Fianna Musician and the Red Lioness) that just don\'t look right.

But all in all, I like the style.

Default Insects

As Mike (Sildrotha) McCuen once called them, they are \"Stick insects with boobs\"...

Not my piece of cake at all. The fact that the coffee tables they call swords are twice as big an dheavy as the actual person doesn\'t help sway my judgement either. Not to mention, their facial features all make them look kinda like transvestites....

lol

Blog Entries

Got to say that I prefer the Ikore females to the Rackham ones - but both companies believe in the W.O.U.S.S theory of arming folk.

W.O.U.S.S. = Weapons of unusual size and shape lol

Edit - here is a Rackham Female figure I would, and will buy - http://www.coolminiornot.com/57020

The only female rackham minis i actually like a lot (Mira is nice if you like the style) are Shanys the Shadow :D nice work that one, and Sethin

if they want rackham can make women that dont look like men with plastic boobs and a terrible nutritional problem :P

:rolleyes:

In their defence i have to say that love those huge swords :)

I wouldn\'t use the word \"thin\" to describe them, perhaps \"disproportionate\". the Red Lioness is definitely the worst. At least IKore women have hips. If I wanted to see what Rackham offers, I\'d get the \"best of little boys go to war pack\". That reminds me of a vulgar but relevant joke- Q:What\'s the best part of having sex with an eight year old girl? A: You can flip them over and they are just like an eight year old boy. Ahh.. I can feel the stunned silence from here. I\'ll tell the rest of my dead baby jokes later. Peace.

Well, I guess I\'m in the minority here ... I like the Rackham females. I think that the \"main\" valkyrie, mira, the fianna musician, and the red lioness are all quite cool. I think the red lioness has one of the best faces. Yes, they are top heavy and yes their legs are a bit thin, but I prefer that to the rather too round look of the celtos girls. And, I\'ll say that the first time I saw a Jen painted fianna, I was pretty floored ... prior to that I\'d never seen a sexy female miniature ... there had been plenty of scantily clad females before the fiannas, but I felt that they\'d been taken to an entirely new level w/ the rackham sculptors.

About the weapons ... it\'s a fantasy world ... how would some \"normal\" person, male or female deal with the Grande Crane? Clearly, magic is involved and if magic is involved, who cares what size the weapon is? It certainly doesn\'t need to be accurate with respect to history. As long as the miniature looks cool, that\'s good enough for me.

All this said, I think there are some other great female models out there ... Werner Klocke & Steve Buddle come to mind immediately. I can\'t count how many WK models I\'ve painted and truly enjoyed.

jim

I don\'t care for them, but then I don\'t care for Rackham at all, pretty much. :)

@Finn
    Yup, we disagree on this one every time it pops up. Lucky for both of us there are plenty of manufacturers out there so both our likes can be met. Personally I\'m most impressed with the I-Kore archangels, and those little dwarves with wings are cool too, though stocky (the true anti-fianna)

That said, I have to admit that there is one Rackham female I\'ve seen that I really did like
    here

Oh, and as an aside I\'m not too fond of the Rackham barbarian men either.

Default with a little more background thought

I think that azael and sasia (old version) are quite cool as well.

jim

@vincegamer ... i agree w /you about the archangels ... great name, great figs. my favorite celtos/void females by far.

jim

Default Very nice...

Originally posted by vincegamer
    @Finn
    That said, I have to admit that there is one Rackham female I\'ve seen that I really did like
    here
    Vive la difference:flip:

I like that figure too, but she still seems to possess the very slim legs you dislike in the Fiannas...? Perhaps she is more in proportion overall...

For my part I really like the chunky i-kore females as well, in fact, I am probably quite indiscriminate:D

I like the I-kore stuff too...

Vincegamer hit it right on the head

Lucky for both of us there are plenty of manufacturers out there so both our likes can be met.

Enough differences for everyone to enjoy. We have come a long way from just Ral Partha and Grenadier (not that there is anything wrong with those)

Default excuse me...

You\'re always talking about the Fiannas and the Lioness and that they look skinny... but what is about these really scary skeleton-girls of the Drune?
    If these models aren\'t anorexic, then I don\'t know. I also must say, that in my opinion the Fiannas are not skinny at all. Say: Freak of nature or dieting, but skinny\'s too harsh.

And vince, if you like the Ysis, what do you think about the new Sasia? Basically the same proportions...

By the way, who is with me when I\'ll conduct a lttle demonstation in front of the GW headquarter, screaming: WE-WANT-SEXY-GIRLS! WE-WANT-SEXY-GIRLS! the deamonettes were the first step, now we need girls in bikinis or bikini-shaped armour...

Default Hehe...

Although I can appreciate where you are coming from, the concepts, \'bikini-shaped\' and \'armour\' are almost mutually exclusive:flip:

Argh.. I don\'t think the rakham females look all that healthy. I know it is posible. However, they are thiner then I am... and I weigh a buck fourty five at 5 10.. so I cannot see the look as healthy.

They remind me of runway models. in all the wrong ways. I would much rather the celtos females. As for female atheleets(SP so what I don\'t do the athelete thing) Have you looked at female baseball players... those women are VERY bulky and they are NOT fighting for their life. I think the rakham females are too skinny. Not unhealthy... just skinny.

AAvH-Darkblade

Originally posted by sivousplay
    Well, I guess I\'m in the minority here ... I like the Rackham females. I think that the \"main\" valkyrie, mira, the fianna musician, and the red lioness are all quite cool. I think the red lioness has one of the best faces. Yes, they are top heavy and yes their legs are a bit thin, but I prefer that to the rather too round look of the celtos girls. And, I\'ll say that the first time I saw a Jen painted fianna, I was pretty floored ... prior to that I\'d never seen a sexy female miniature ... there had been plenty of scantily clad females before the fiannas, but I felt that they\'d been taken to an entirely new level w/ the rackham sculptors.

About the weapons ... it\'s a fantasy world ... how would some \"normal\" person, male or female deal with the Grande Crane? Clearly, magic is involved and if magic is involved, who cares what size the weapon is? It certainly doesn\'t need to be accurate with respect to history. As long as the miniature looks cool, that\'s good enough for me.

All this said, I think there are some other great female models out there ... Werner Klocke & Steve Buddle come to mind immediately. I can\'t count how many WK models I\'ve painted and truly enjoyed.

jim
    Exactly. 100% with you on every point. :o