90mm Chaos Warrior - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 90mm Chaos Warrior

Blog Entries

The body plate would look better tapered into the waist I reckon, just looks a bit tooo bulky to me. Personal preference though, I guess. Looking grand though!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

stop holding your breath i thnk you might just get away with it...just
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Once the waist plates are there it'll be impossible to tell if the legs are wrong or not, I'd say just go for it. The waist plates will make the chest plate look better as well since they'll be the widest part instead of the chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Ky, U.S., Earth, Milky Way, Known Univers

I think the wiast plates will help although I don't think they will really be the widest part. I already have them started. I'll throw up a pic with em on when I gome home fom work tonight. I also agree with TBS about the chest armor, I'll see what I can do to make it look a bit better.

good man! remember that which does not kill us....leaves a scar lol

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Blog Entries

And sometimes partial vision and pretty colours.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Ok, here's a couple pics from slightly different heights/angles(not a very big difference) with the waist plates on. May not be the "final" design for them, but for now I'm ok with them.

Blog Entries

Waist plates are looking good, i'd hike them up higher though, jam 'em right up above the hip, kina like how a Kilt sits.

Don't worry, it'll be worth all the blood, sweat and tears by the time it's done. It's shaping up awesomely. If the process is anything to go by, judging by Cass' constant amendments and demands to his stuff, I reckon your volume of hair might take a beating for the team though.
    Last edited by Torn blue sky; 05-11-2011 at 09:16 PM.

srite i've started to grow clean through mine...

Damn, that sucks. It was already startin to thin out a bit before I started this guy. Not to mention the torture I'm likely to go through when I try to pick up painting minis again......[insert evil grin here] [and evil laugh here] and might as well [insert evil scheming rubbing hands together motion here]....or not, your choice.

Blog Entries

Nothing wrong with a bit of deep seated megalomania, just try not to let it get to you too much.

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

What is the plan for the breast plate? Surely it won't just be blank as it is now.

Uh oh.... someone's not reading..... jk. I did mention it in an earlier post(i think) but it's all good. It will have an emblem of some kind but I'm debating whether to sculpt it or freehand paint it. At this poi9nt I think my sculpting skills are better than my painting skills even tho I've painted off and on for many years. I just never really tried to get better at it. It's still bare right now because I'm still sanding and refining in that general area. Once I'm sassified with the final shape, I'll prolly start on it. Also not sure exactly what I want to put there.

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

I can't be bothered to read every post, plus I was busy looking at pictures. Ha! I guess I missed it somewhere, anyway, maybe some sort of demonic face on the armor, as those are always popular in Chaos artwork. Just a thought.

Lol true enuff. I'll take pictures over words any day. lthough sometimes it just helps me to see an explanation of what I'm looking at so I get that "Oh! I get it!" look on my face.
    Yea, I'm thinkin either a big Khorne symbol, generic chaos symbol similar to the shield, eor some kinda evil demon skull type 'o thang.

Blog Entries

I dunno, I reckon this would look badass with some semi intricate inlaid filigree around a Khorne/(whatever god or undevided symbol) Sculpting on top of it might add a bit too much bulk maybe... Should be able to carve whatever you want design wise onto a flat bit of thin putty and slap it on. Cookin' on gas!

ED: Meant to say, need to pull his thigh armour up. At the moment it's kina akin to those douchbags you see walking about with their arses hanging out their jeans lol! Whack them right up to just above his hips

Pants on the ground?
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Blog Entries

Not far off it at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Pants on the ground?
    LMAO! That's exactly what I was thinking when I read what TBS wrote and then looked at the pic again.

Quick update.

Shortened the waist paltes just a hair as I thought they were too long. Also raised the attachment point up as suggested. I have added some material to the lower sides of the breastplate to make it more.... well correct I would say. I have changed the height of the breastplate but it sure does look like it. And I'm fine with that because I thought it was also a bit long. I admit he looks a little fatter, but I think it will even out once the shoulders and cloak are on. I may sand it down a bit before I go too much further, not sure at the moment.
    Piccy Pic: