Sarpedon..a bugs life. - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Sarpedon..a bugs life.

nice work cassar. looking real nice. like the adds to the bolter alot.

tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

You get better with each project.

Cheers!

Eez nice eh!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

thanks gentlemen..ladies and those who have yet to make up their minds, nearly there now just have to motivate myself to get the hands done then that should be this one done n ready for his close up..however in the meantime some more wee teasers of the talons and the mail effect skirt im doing for his lower half.

also my take on what the soul spear looks like

the cat f)*&ing loves her pillow

Last edited by cassar; 01-09-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

ohh update!!! nice work on the mail and spear. I like the adds to the legs as well.

tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

cute cat and nice anatomy on the slasher arms!

Soul Spear, ribbed for your............secure grip?

Love how this is coming together, really cool sculpt. I've always loved the soul drinkers and Sarpedon, have done multiple 28mm conversions of him but was just never happy with where it went.

Shakes

cheers chaps i have to say i enjoyed doing the organics more than i thought i would, strangely it was easier to do the organics than the armour etc just a matter of actually sculpting as opposed to carving.
    hey Marlow when do you start your wip i even have a possible title " wip, my Ass.....ault marine" lol

shakes... cheers i was going for the dark age technology look and hadnt actually noticed the Anne summers look of the soul spear until you pointed it out Lol, vortex weapon or giant dildo either way you're F*%^&d lol.
    Last edited by cassar; 01-10-2012 at 01:15 PM.

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    vortex weapon or giant dildo either way you're F*%^&d lol.
    aded to my signature! Too Funny!

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

Default Holy Jumping spiders!

This is absolutely awesome! The Soulspear looks exactly as I imagined it from the book's discricption. Please remember to put that bionic talon on the front, right side. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about this big boy. I'm so eager to get it I feel like a big kid. That's what my better half says I am... Is that a good thing? Anyway, it's another beautiful piece of wonderful sculpture from you. You sure have raised the bar with this one. Damn, you are such a show off!

Stay Frosty my friend.
    “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf”.
    George Orwell

not wanting to throw a cat among the pigeons..... but didn't Sarpendon retain his actual legs and the mutations grew out from his mid-section - Bloody good work though - irrelevant of my take on the story

Absolutely looks great mate. I'd better get a move on with the big termie, lest Sarpedon be painted before the termy is finished.. but I've got a free week coming up...

@Spacehead: Nope, the books describe Sarpedon's mutation pretty accurately as his own legs and armour splitting up.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

depending on progress with the hands this should be finished tonight possibly pictures tomorrow all being well.

Default Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    depending on progress with the hands this should be finished tonight possibly pictures tomorrow all being well.
    That's is just so damn cool! It's going to be hard to wait for it now but I remember someone telling once that "Good things come to those that wait" and Sarpedon is pretty damn awesome!

Stay frosty, you Blesses Devil!
    “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf”.
    George Orwell

Honestly your work is so good to watch. The level of detail and commitment you put in is incredible.

Your cat is gorgeous by the way

I LOL'd at the "and here's my cat" in the middle.

all done, a little bit over budget and time but i think well worth the
    wait

Also the traditional vote link cheers for looking http://www.coolminiornot.com/296134
    Last edited by cassar; 01-14-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Superb Cassar! It is a great build and quite big too! Congratulations for the 'baby'!
    Last edited by Moradin; 01-14-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Dang thats awesome....just wow man. And he is alot bigger then i thought he was. Now go reat up and then make me a bigature Leman Russ :-)
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Damn, that thing is so flippin' huuuuuuuge!!!!
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project