Thread: Making a WFB Game Board

Default Making a WFB Game Board

hi all
    I have been looking at gw s modular board s for sale and tho they are nice and very handy most tables will start to look the same. There is about 10 in the group that play FB and every 6 months or so we get together for a epic battle 100k points .So with this in mind i have started making my own table. As we normaly just put our own boars together, but with this tho still cool there is often a big dif in the battle terrian .
    What i m looking for is some tips or tricks to building it, i have been making terrian for years but there is always some thing new to learn.
    here s whati have been doing so far.
    I have cut 16 2ftx2ft boards, I have got styrofoam for raised areas i.e cliffs etc, i went and bought the battle mat from the GW web site as i have found with big projects like this there is a lot of flocking involed. Not a lot done yet with the board just been sanding the board bases and sanding the styrofoam .
    I have it worked out that all the boards are inter changable so i can have a sea rea at the end with the coast going up the side or change it around so i can have u huge lake in the middle, or a river, deppends on the lay out.

Any thoughts or ideas goood oor bad would be great.be gentail on the pics comments as it will be my first time posting pics
    lolregards
    wamphyri
    as i go along i ll take some pics and post, on that pleas

hi all,
    very little work done as of late , been outside most of the summer. sept here now so i ll be indoors more and more work on the board. this post is also in the wrong order. had to delete link as it was wrong.
    regards
    wamphyri
    Last edited by wamphyri; 09-08-2011 at 03:49 AM. Reason: wrong web address

I can't see any of the pictures on that link sorry, I think something went wrong. How's it going any way?
    All in the game yo, all in the game.

Name:  battlefield1.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  435.6 KBName:  battlefield.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  64.7 KB

hi all just found out there was a prob with the link i posted for my blog, sorry so here is a few pics of the battlfield as it stands a lot more to do. i ll work on the blog and try sort out the prob wih link. if any one has had the same problems and knows what to do pm me cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by wamphyri View Post
    Name:  battlefield1.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  435.6 KBName:  battlefield.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  64.7 KB

hi all just found out there was a prob with the link i posted for my blog, sorry so here is a few pics of the battlfield as it stands a lot more to do. i ll work on the blog and try sort out the prob wih link. if any one has had the same problems and knows what to do pm me cheers.
    Oh looking good. Yeah I think it needs a pier with all that water!
    All in the game yo, all in the game.

Have just started casting the pieces for the pier. The styrofoam is glued down to the board ready to go the battle mat is cut to shape just a case of waiting now for the cast to dry.

pics! im interested in the process as much as the final product, as a fellow board builder.

Ok guys been a while but here s a pick of the dock in prog and i also did a close up of the grass. i actualy use 3 different types of grass. if you have ever been to the coast or shore line you ll notice the different colours of grass. Thats what i m trying to go for here. I have found out by mistake that the flock goes on a lot easyer to the soft sand and glue mix rather than using pva later when it drys.I also included a pic of the way the board`s can be stacked.You will notice that the grass does not cover all the top of the doc area, The reason for this is i am trying to use up all the off cuts from the battle mat, I am going to fill the pieces with sand and make like a road way leading to the Dock. I know the stone work looks a bit rough along the sides at the momenAny way any comments good or bad post
    regards
    wamphyri
    Attachment 6943Attachment 6944Attachment 6946

"invalid attachment" =(