You overheard what? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You overheard what?

Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    It's actually what many people do. It's more common than getting a divorce/time for themselves. People see on other families that children brings the parents together and actually forces them to be nice to eachother (so the kids won't get a crappy youth), but the kids actually do get a crappy youth because things like a divorce, you can hold them back, but you can't stop them if you're already in that mess before getting a child.

I hear stupid stuff everyday... Mainly just some stupid classmates who are doing a social service major and they're afraid to talk to strangers or talk in front of class (for classmates)... WTH? Why bother choosing that major ¬¬
    And that's why many people are stupid. And they wonder why people suggest needing a license to breed. If you're already on the rocks, how is adding a kid going to make things better? Hurling insults thru a fake smile is still hurling insults.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Blog Entries

Yeah but it's funnier, because you're smiling.

I agree though, some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed. All this "designer baby" bullshit I see floating about annoys me too.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by IdofEntity View Post
    What idiotic crap have you all had the displeasure or amusement to hear?
    Heard plenty of stuff relating to diet and exercise, that's for sure. Who hasn't heard the Golden Oldie, "if you stop exercising your muscle turns into fat"?

One of the classics that I've heard directly over the years more than once is from women who don't want to work out with resistance because they don't want to get "bulky" or "muscly"; and no amount of explanation of how it's not that easy for most women to put on muscle tissue, that you have to work out a lot to actively build muscle, do anything to shake this conviction. Even when you point out that they're ignoring that your own body weight is resistance, they still don't want to hear it.

Einion

Unfortunately I hear a lot of Cr*p because I'm in an open plan office.
    The worst load seems to come from a younger man with limited knowledge of life, history or politics who blindly repeats the BNP drivel that his father spouts and who constantly tells us that, when he's exceeding/pushing the limits of what's acceptable to "Trust him" as we can't do anything about it.

However he's about to get a very nasty shock!
    He may be on leave this week, but he's about to come back in to a formal complaint process.

Oh and this last few weeks its been constant absolute drivel about "The Wedding" from one very sad person.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Well, i'm going with "Buying him a pony" Who's love can't you buy with a motherf**kin' pony?! I mean, c'mon! IT'S A PONY! Right?!
    not for sale thankyouverymuch XD
    " So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.

Blog Entries

I think you'll find that decision is well out of your hands >: )
    Relax, maybe you'll end up as a gift for some able bodied young man!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Sorry, all.

Didn't mean to leave you hanging on my page 1 post.

Somebody guessed it....

She got pregnant.

What is wrong with people ?

Blog Entries

People suck, that's what.

Glad i'm not a people.

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    People suck, that's what.

Glad i'm not a people.
    But you suck pretty good anyhow! ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Quote Originally Posted by cfwheeler58 View Post
    Somebody guessed it....
    She got pregnant.
    What is wrong with people ?
    Grrr. That is terrible Poor (future) child. My wife, and of course how many of my friends, had to grow up with parents who didn't actually like each other and it was in no way fair to them. But human capacity for delusion is vast, so this woman and her husband may indeed feel closer and all warm and fuzzy during the pregnancy... but once the tough job of parenting with no money or free time kicks in, they will probably be more miserable than ever.

That's ok cause now that they are having a kid with no money the government will step in and take care of it for them. And if they are lucky enough to be illegal immigrants they will find out that having a couple more kids will become profitable. Yup I'm in a mood today.

@Dragonforge

God, how i had the BNP, Front Nationale , NPD ( german nazi Party )

Yes folks , you heard correctly there is still a Nazi party in Germany, calling itself the " nationaldemocratic party of germany ". The sheer fact that there are still some people in Germany dumb enough to vote for a party that publicly states that it goals are to get rid of "immigrants" is deeply saddening for me. Unfortunately i was in very similar position to the one Dragonforge is in, i had a classmate whose father was obviously a closet Nazi and after a while his son babbled the same kind of nonesense. Fortunately, the other students preferred to liste to our awesome history teacher.

not for sale thankyouverymuch XD
    made my day

Back to topic, I recently stumbled over a very, very good podcast , that actually deals with Dr. Oz (who seems to be a total quack from what i gathered ) and other BS:

http://www.theskepticsguide.org/arch...ast.aspx?mid=1

one of the hosts is an M.D. and has some very interesting stuff to say about Dr.Ozz
    • Let me put forward another suggestion: That you are nothing more than a lucky species of ape that is trying to understand the complexities of creation via a language that evolved in order to tell one another where the ripe fruit was?

-Terry Pratchet, Death and what comes next

Heard someone the other day talking about how because the writers of the Declaration of Independence were Christians, "Freedom of Religion" meant that as an American, you could practice any version of Christianity you wanted, but the practicing of other religions and atheism weren't legally protected under the Constitution.

dbiggied
    Heard someone the other day talking about how because the writers of the Declaration of Independence were Christians, "Freedom of Religion" meant that as an American, you could practice any version of Christianity you wanted, but the practicing of other religions and atheism weren't legally protected under the Constitution.
    oh wow, really ? well i guess i totally misunderstood Thomas Payne when in "The Age of Reason" he questions the legitmacy of the bible as as a sacred book, calling it a mythological text and then says :

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church. All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.

odd kind of christian this fella was...

A couple of years back one of the big private TV channels in Germany broadcastet a show about UFOs and Aliens. During the liveshow they proudly announced that they would, for the very first time, send a TV signal into space and then wait for an answer during the rest of the show which lasted about 1 hour.
    • Let me put forward another suggestion: That you are nothing more than a lucky species of ape that is trying to understand the complexities of creation via a language that evolved in order to tell one another where the ripe fruit was?

-Terry Pratchet, Death and what comes next

Blog Entries

I rather suspect that was a wasted hour then lol

"So, smorf, what are we gonna do abou..."
    "STFU! MacGyver's on!"

There used to be a site, like 10yrs ago, that was just conversations overheard in a free clinic waiting room. It was amazing! lololol The only one I can remember is...

"I was messing around with my first babies momma, then I was messing around with my second babies momma, then I hooked up with my third babies momma and and now she has a disease..."

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cfwheeler58 View Post
    that's right up there with the secretary I had years ago who was miserable in her marriage.
    They had no money, both were working full time and they had no time for each other.
    Who wants to guess her solution to save the marriage ?
    Quote Originally Posted by airhead View Post
    I child? ???
    First right answer... what did I win?
    lol
    But no lol's for them. Their responsibilities just went up several notches. Now, they have a helpless baby to care for and feed - even less time for each other.
    Time to man-up, but so many just move on.
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.