Trying to get better at NMM - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to get better at NMM

Another hour logged on my continuing persuit of NMM, got a lot of help from abidel. I'm not sure why the reflection on the front-middle of the shoulder pad need to be there, but it looks right.

Suggestions please!

Name:  DSC_0022.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  56.3 KB
    Name:  DSC_0024.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  288.3 KB

As always, thank you for looking!
    WARNING: Painting all of your miniatures may lead to death.

"There comes a day in every man's life when he has to get off the couch... and kill some zombies."

Really good NMM......always amazed by it, but too scared to have a go myself.

Seems you have the technique and colours right.....all I would say is I think you need to improve on the smoothness, softer transitions, but grasping the concept is the hardest part.

Excellent work

It looks good, but steel more like stone than steel. I would like to give you suggestions, but I dont know how to do it right

Quote Originally Posted by MAECTPO View Post
    It looks good, but still more like stone than steel.
    BUT WHY!?... anyone?
    WARNING: Painting all of your miniatures may lead to death.

"There comes a day in every man's life when he has to get off the couch... and kill some zombies."

I'll throw in my 2 cents (good job so far btw). I think it has to do with the white area's. Look at the right (his right) upper band of the chest piece armor. The blending is smooth up to the white highlight which is a touch under blended. It is making the white pop and giving is a chalky look. I notice it a bit on the upper most part of the shield where you can almost draw a line between white and light blues. Once you can no longer tell where is ends and begins will give you the effect. This is challenging to do and I am still working to master it myself.