Mathieu Fontaine Masterclass I & II - Sacramento, California August 2011
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mathieu Fontaine Masterclass I & II - Sacramento, California August 2011

Default Mathieu Fontaine Masterclass I & II - Sacramento, California August 2011

NOTICE: I am now collecting for the classes at $80 per weekend. Please email misterjustin at Secret Weapon Miniatures -- com to ensure your place is held. Payments not received by 30-June will result in a vacated spot.

NOTICE: The Masterclass I is already at 20/20 students. I will keep a list of reserve students in case an opening comes up.

This is the official sign-up thread for the Mathieu Fontaine Masterclass I & Masterclass II workshops to be held in Sacramento, California on August 6-7 and 13-14 respectively.

Secret Weapon Miniatures and Great Escape Games are binging Mathieu Fontaine to Sacramento to teach both of his masterclass workshops on back-to-back weekends. If you're one of the few that don't already know Mathieu's work here's a quick intro:

17 golden demons including 7 golds including 1 in France and 1 in UK
    2 Best of Show Forgeworld
    Gold medals in advance/master at Chicago MMSI, Atlanta MFCA, Long Island LIHMCS and Paris Mix Open
    BOS Fantasy at Atlanta MFCA

His work has been published in numerous WD both US and UK or France, as well as independent publications.

He has taught this Masterclass more than a dozen times across the United States and Canada and has been teaching fully booked classes at Adepticon (2 years) and GENCON (3 years).

I personally attended the Masterclass I when it was in Alamo, California and was impressed enough that I immediately got in touch with Mathieu about bringing him out again.

But now - on to the class descriptions:

--------------------------------------------

MASTERCLASS I
    A Masterclass is an intensive class on painting figurines over 2 days. Every techniques and theoretical concepts are covered from the undercoat to perfect blending passing by zenithal lighting.

The figurine will allow every student to have plenty of time to explore the principal areas of painting: clothing, skin, the face and metallics. In terms of theory, zenithal lighting, composition, color theory and base conception will be explored giving every students a complete understanding of the theoretical concepts to maximize the impact of his or her miniature.

The class is over 2 intensive days, saturday and sunday. Saturday starts at 9 am and last until 9 pm and sunday goes from 9am to 6 pm.

The class is open to every level of painters. Whether you are holding a brush for the first time or you have painted hundreds of models for your armies everyone will benefit from this class. Each students will receive the same technical and theoretical information but the follow up is totally personalized and 1 on 1. Every student will be pushed to the maximum of his or her abilities in order to make sure that everyone get the maximum out of this experience. So whether you are an army painter that want to know how to have better results on its favorite model or you are the painter that dream about a Golden Demon this class is for you.

MASTERCLASS 2
    Masterclass II are for the painters that want to reach another level and discover vehicule painting techniques. The regular Masterclass did not require any experience. It was open to every painter motivated to learn whether you had painted a mini before or not. The Masterclass II is aimed at painters with more experience. We will approach various military modeling techniques, push blending to another level, explore airbrushing both for vehicule and figurine, play with unusual products such as oil paint and weathering pigment and experiment with base building and painting.

The airbrush section of this class will be a 3-4 hours demonstration. If you have an airbrush and compressor and want to bring it to the class to experiment with the techniques as they are being demonstrated you are more than welcome but it is not mandatory.

Material required: As with the original masterclass you’ll need to bring your brushes, paint and lamp. The oil paints and pigments will be provided for you as well as the usual plate, cup and paper.

Both classes have an ANTICIPATED cost of $80 per person.

Why do I say "anticipated"? Because the more people we have the lower the cost per person will be. We'll cut off the registration at the end of June or as soon as each class has 20 people registered. The cost covers Mathieu's fee and the flight.

Each student that registers for the BOTH workshops will also receive a Raphael 8404 #1 brush compliments of Secret Weapon Miniatures -- the brush that Mathieu recommends and will be demonstrating with during the workshops.

If you would like to register for either or both workshops please do so here.

You can email questions to misterjustin@secretweaponminiatures.com

--------------------------------------
    ATTENDING MASTERCLASS I

misterjustin (PAID!)
    Yoritomo Jiriki
    Citizensmith
    Warhammett
    COG
    Grunt101st
    pez5767 (PAID!)
    MClimbin
    dshavers
    Ignition
    firemanrad (PAID!)
    Jonathan S. (PAID!)
    Curtis C. (email signup)
    Chris O (email signup)
    Eva P (email signup)
    Effren C (email signup)
    Tranc
    David P. (email signup)
    Jing Li (signed up by Tranc)
    Marcus C. (email signup)

--------------------------------------
    ATTENDING MASTERCLASS II

misterjustin (PAID!)
    Yoritomo Jiriki
    Grunt101st
    pez5767
    dshavers
    Ignition
    Cocanour (PAID)
    Naravus
    Last edited by misterjustin; 06-16-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Sign me up for both classes! Thanks!

Where do we send payment?

I will give folks an address for the payments once it's locked down a bit more. Right now we'd be dividing up the cost between about six people... and it would cost a LOT more than $80

Justin,

A list of places to stay would be awesome. I'll be coming from San Fran, so staying overnight will probably be a good idea.

Thanks!

Count me in for the first one. Wife's birthday so the second one is not an option.

I'll work up a list of places to stay and see if we can get local hosts as well.

For folks without a CMON account - please feel free to email my user name at secretweaponminiatures.com if you would like to reserve your spot that way.

Sign me up for Masterclass I and I'll try to get cheap tickets from Denmark to US!

Sign me up for Master Class I, Mister J. Let me know when to get you the money.

I'd love to go, but cali is a long flight from me.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

yeah to much in plane tickets...oh wait its just down the street. haha well gas is a bit expensive lately . i might be attending the 1st one hope my bday money lasts that long.also as you(MJ) know by now that much time is hard to come by now days. good luck
    Now doing commissions! PM me for details.
    wanted: any plastic models from the screamingbell/Plague furnace. PM if you have any.

@COG: Find the time. Seriously. It's worth it.

I managed to drive from Sac to Alamo for the last class he did in Cali -- AFTER my production of Othello! So I did a show Friday night until midnight, drove 3 hours to Alamo, painted and then drove BACK TO SACRAMENTO for another run of Othello and a run of the Macbeth fight scenes and then BACK AGAIN to Alamo after midnight.

It was totally worth it even though I did think I was going to die a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    I'd love to go, but cali is a long flight from me.
    We are in the final stretch of planning a Masterclass I in Chicago. I should have the date pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by akaranseth View Post
    We are in the final stretch of planning a Masterclass I in Chicago. I should have the date pretty soon.
    Music to my ears!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

alright.. sign me up. dont know which one yet though. ill see if i can work the corner for a bit.
    thanks Justin and Mathieu for doing this.
    oh and
    wanted: any plastic models from the screamingbell/Plague furnace. PM if you have any.

Count me in for both classes. I can also host some folks at my home,(I'm about 20 minutes from Great Escape).

I would like to do both, depending on cost. If cost is $80 or less, I'll do both. Any more than that and I can only afford one class.

Thanks justin!
    WARNING: Painting all of your miniatures may lead to death.

"There comes a day in every man's life when he has to get off the couch... and kill some zombies."

Quote Originally Posted by pez5767 View Post
    I would like to do both, depending on cost. If cost is $80 or less, I'll do both. Any more than that and I can only afford one class.

Thanks justin!
    Pez possibly coming up? i was hoping to finally meet yah when i go to kubla later this month. didnt get a chance last year(or maybe i did meet a bunch of people)

Please sign me up for the first class. Thanks!

Justin,

Please put me down for both!

This is a bump. This is only a bump. If this were a real update I would have new information.

This has been a test of the thread update system. We now return you to your regular program.

(attendants added to the first post)