MightyChad's GD WIP
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MightyChad's GD WIP

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Default MightyChad's WIP Updated 10/21/14

As I mentioned in Khavor's thread, I will not be showing the whole project just yet, but I will show one of the major parts. Here is a banner, I am working on the freehand elements. I wanted one side to show a Khornate Daemon, and the other side to show the same Khornate Daemon with the scars of battle. I thought it would be a neat idea, and no one talke dme out of it! So here is the WIP banner, comments are appreciated, and tips would be great! Now Khavor can come bash my freehand if he wishes. Of course the photos are terrible, but I can't help that. I will try to get better ones.

Last edited by MightyChad; 10-21-2014 at 10:25 PM.

looking good insofar as i can tell, look forward to the post com photos.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    looks cool!
    Means a lot coming from your, sir, thanks a ton. I will get more shots as I get more done.

And cassar, thanks, I will post the whole thing before the competition, after it is done. I just don't want to give too much away before I get more work done.

Looks damn impressive for a blurry picture! I like how vivid and deep the red tone is.

Cool, you finally got some pictures together! I tried to respond last night but a slow internet connection kicked me out and deleted my post before I could post it. >:< It's good being able to see both sides blown up together like this. My two cents would be:

I don't like the way the scar runs straight across the eye on the lower pic. I'd either have the scar stop, and have a dead, milky eye there, or if you want it to cross Jonah Hex style, have a bump / knot / change in direction where it crosses his brow and his eye socket.

Second, I really like the knarly skeletal cheekbone on the bottom pick more than the plump, jolly one on the unscarred face. I'd change the upper one so they match.

See, that wasn't so bad. No bashing really!

Cool, Khavor, I will see what I can come up with. I was planning to add the eye into the scarred socket, but I will try to fix the cheekbones. Hopefully I can get some work done tomorrow, but I will not be at the shop Thursday, I am running low on gas, since I had to pay a bit more on the vehicle this month than I had originally planned. Maybe next week! Anyway, watch this space.

Default Update 05-19-11

Here's some of the shields for the project, let me know what you think. After looking at the photos, I see a few little spots I need to check. May just be an oddity from the photo, I am not sure.

EDIT: After checking, there are a couple of spots on the wooden shields where metallic flakes have gone astray and will have to be covered...

Last edited by MightyChad; 05-18-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Oooohh, Aaaaahh! I'm really digging the reds on the two that are covered by leather / cloth. I'd maybe go brighter on the highlights on the one w. the skull and flayed skin.

Go higher on the red highlights, you mean? I told you that I think that may be the best rotten severed head I have ever done, but I don't know if that is good or bad! Ha! I will brighten up the highlights a bit, and try to get more photos friday. See you at the shop.

Here's a WIP shot of a skull to go on the standard pole, still a few more layers of wash on the skull and then some fine highlights. Then the horns :

Blog Entries

Needs more cowbell!

Sorry, couldn't resist the pun. Looking good
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Needs more cowbell!

Sorry, couldn't resist the pun. Looking good
    Now I feel like a part of the CMoN Forums family! Getting random puns from TBS!

Blog Entries

It's when Cassar steps in you need to worry! It's all downhill from there!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    It's when Cassar steps in you need to worry! It's all downhill from there!

Yeah, I saw what happened with Khavor's thread!

Blog Entries

Bwahahaha *steeples fingers*

That's a big skull. What's that, like, 20x life size? Still looks pretty good though.

@Khavor: nope, it is way tinier than life size. That is a real cow skull, mutated, but as real as the Easter Bunny!

So I have done some shading using P3 Coal black, then started doing some fine stippling to simulate a rough texture, like I have noticed on real bone. I need to do more of the blue shading on top of the recessed areas to smooth out the stippling. I may have failed miserably, either way on to the horns! These photos are closer to the actual size, so you can get a better idea of how it looks in real life.

Last edited by MightyChad; 05-28-2011 at 04:21 PM.

That banner free hand is straight up banging buddy, I enjoy seeing the updates but I can't wait to see all these pieces come together. Keep at it and go get em!

Blog Entries

More updates, damnit! I'm actually switching to P3, way better paint somehow. I work effortlessly with the stuff and it just looks/ gives sexier results.
    Looking good so far!