MightyChad's GD WIP - Page 11
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MightyChad's GD WIP

Er, wow. Glad I'm not competing in Large Monster. Between you and Elly (if he ever finishes), that category is on lockdown.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Er, wow. Glad I'm not competing in Large Monster. Between you and Elly (if he ever finishes), that category is on lockdown.
    Ha! I don't know about all that, I guess it depends on who shows up with what, but I hope you are right. It would be nice to get a different colored trophy, or any color for that matter!

I'll be happy if they don't take Celeborn, throw him on the ground, spit on him, and laugh contemptfully. LOL
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Lookin' gooooowd!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Loving that chariot man. One thing jumped out at me, though. Everything has... not really a dirty feel, but more an earthy feel to it, except the banner. The colors seem too vibrant and crisp for the rest of the piece. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beamo View Post
    Loving that chariot man. One thing jumped out at me, though. Everything has... not really a dirty feel, but more an earthy feel to it, except the banner. The colors seem too vibrant and crisp for the rest of the piece. Just my thoughts.
    I'll see what I can do, but at this point I am afraid to f--- it up!

Fantastic job Chad! You guys have soooo got to take pictures of the competition while you're there. I love the chariot and those boars are great. As to tweaking the fiddly bits, that's entirely up to you because I think it rocks as is.

Wonderful work!

Ky, U.S., Earth, Milky Way, Known Univers

Chad, that thing is amazing! I knew it was gonna look good when it was done, but man! Well done sir and good luck at the comp!

Great job on the chariot Chad! Don't sell yourself short - this can compete with the best
    My Rank -

Hear, hear! It's a brilliant model!

And if your confidence is that shoddy, I'd suggest to take a baseball bat with you to the GD. When push comes to shove you can always 'fix' the competition's entries, or the competitors themselves.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

fear of failure and the derision of your peers is all that is, if they point n laugh just run squeeling to the bogs n have a good cry! boo hoo! THAT WAS YOUR WORSE CASE SCENARIO YOU ARE NOW FULLY PREPARED FOR SUCCESS, go forth and be fruitfull. oh and good luck.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynloch View Post
    Fantastic job Chad! You guys have soooo got to take pictures of the competition while you're there. I love the chariot and those boars are great. As to tweaking the fiddly bits, that's entirely up to you because I think it rocks as is.

Wonderful work!
    Thanks. I will fix the things that are bothering me, but that is probably it. And will see about getting some photos on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by armornv View Post
    Chad, that thing is amazing! I knew it was gonna look good when it was done, but man! Well done sir and good luck at the comp!
    Thanks, I am glad you like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    Great job on the chariot Chad! Don't sell yourself short - this can compete with the best
    Well that is what it will take to win!

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Hear, hear! It's a brilliant model!

And if your confidence is that shoddy, I'd suggest to take a baseball bat with you to the GD. When push comes to shove you can always 'fix' the competition's entries, or the competitors themselves.
    First, I always take a bat, second, I have been working on my grip. I will shake(and break) the hand of whoever beats me, that way next year will be better! Just kidding... or am I?
    Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    fear of failure and the derision of your peers is all that is, if they point n laugh just run squeeling to the bogs n have a good cry! boo hoo! THAT WAS YOUR WORSE CASE SCENARIO YOU ARE NOW FULLY PREPARED FOR SUCCESS, go forth and be fruitfull. oh and good luck.
    Thanks, cass... I think...

Now, time for photos:
    First up, the base for the Orc, I went simple, and still some work to be done:

Next, the WIP base for Open:

I doubt I will fool with the regiment, as it is no longer a legal unit. No point wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyChad View Post
    I'll see what I can do, but at this point I am afraid to f--- it up!
    I hear you, the thing I ended up fiddling with on Bjorn took me the better part of a week to get right again, and it was a lense... so lame.

It's a really well-done piece though, you should be proud.

basings going well there mush look forward to seeing the video of the comp courtesy of you or trys.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

These are some great looking pieces. I really do think that you will do well this year. I can't wait to see them in person....and drool on it :P

That base is vèry good! you can almost see the little spiders and insects crawling around in that undergrowth...
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Looking great Chad!

So which one is going in Open?

Both categories are looking really good Stew. I love the skull on the banner pole! great work.
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Beamo View Post
    I hear you, the thing I ended up fiddling with on Bjorn took me the better part of a week to get right again, and it was a lense... so lame.

It's a really well-done piece though, you should be proud.
    Thanks, I am very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    basings going well there mush look forward to seeing the video of the comp courtesy of you or trys.
    You better go talk to Trys, I will be lucky to get photos up, but I will make the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by war0827 View Post
    These are some great looking pieces. I really do think that you will do well this year. I can't wait to see them in person....and drool on it :P
    I guess I better keep it behind the drool guard! Thanks, I am looking forward to seeing your Juggernaut, it is looking great.

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    That base is vèry good! you can almost see the little spiders and insects crawling around in that undergrowth...
    Hmmm, I was hoping they wouldn't show in the photos, but it has been very dry so the spiders and such are out of control! Just kidding, I try to get that sort of feel with my basing.

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynloch View Post
    Looking great Chad!

So which one is going in Open?
    Well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I am not sure if that is accurate with today's conversion rate. I put the bases next to their owners in today's photo update.

Quote Originally Posted by Willdorling View Post
    Both categories are looking really good Stew. I love the skull on the banner pole! great work.
    Stew? You may be in the wrong place. But if you are talking to me, thanks, the skull is one of my favorite bits.

Now for photos:
    The Orc, more or less finished now:

My Open entry is a Chaos Sorcerer and his little scroll buddy, just need to finish the little guy:

Sorcerer is great, makes me want to get one to paint. Bases are well done the undergrowth is really creepy looking.
    Now available for commissions.
    My Blog
    My Gallery