MightyChad's GD WIP - Page 13
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: MightyChad's GD WIP

I love it! Those turned out great! Poor little scroll troll just lugging everything along.

The banners are awesome as well as the battle damage to the armor. Some mighty fine entries, Chad, you should be very pleased.

Yeah great work Chad. The orc turned out really nice. Best of luck.
    Now available for commissions.
    My Blog
    My Gallery

Awesome work! I love the ork and all the damage. I especially love his mask, it really grabs your attention. And the banner is awesome too! I wish you guys well in the competition. Good thing I am not competing in the Fantasy Large against you or Elly. Maybe next year I will enter, but only after I get some good lessons for you guys

Good Luck and can't wait to see the mini in person in a few days!

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynloch View Post
    I love it! Those turned out great! Poor little scroll troll just lugging everything along.

The banners are awesome as well as the battle damage to the armor. Some mighty fine entries, Chad, you should be very pleased.
    Thanks, I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddwyr View Post
    Yeah great work Chad. The orc turned out really nice. Best of luck.
    Appreciate it, thanks for keeping me motivated.
    Quote Originally Posted by war0827 View Post
    Awesome work! I love the ork and all the damage. I especially love his mask, it really grabs your attention. And the banner is awesome too! I wish you guys well in the competition. Good thing I am not competing in the Fantasy Large against you or Elly. Maybe next year I will enter, but only after I get some good lessons for you guys

Good Luck and can't wait to see the mini in person in a few days!
    After seeing your work, I should be getting tips from you. And I can't wait to see the 'Crusher in person, I'm glad he is going into 40k, that's all I have to say. And thanks for watching.

that banner is truly awesome=) makes me smile every time, and is really well painted aswell! shame the sign ends up behind the orc, however, guess the base is to small=(

Was awesome meeting you at GD Chad! It's nice to put faces to names. After seeing all the entries, I thought your orc would have snagged a spot in the fantasy single - it's really sad the varnish ruined it's chances. No more varnishing your demon entries!!! The chariot was a pleasure to see up close and personal~~
    My Rank -

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    Was awesome meeting you at GD Chad! It's nice to put faces to names. After seeing all the entries, I thought your orc would have snagged a spot in the fantasy single - it's really sad the varnish ruined it's chances. No more varnishing your demon entries!!! The chariot was a pleasure to see up close and personal~~
    Varnish ruined all of my entries. I would have had a great shot in Single and Large, but oh well, it was not to be. But now that I have gotten so close to the coveted Single Fantasy, I am really fired up. First I am going to destroy all of my Spray varnishes. Then I am going to get a couple of projects finished for other folks. Then I am hitting the workbench for next year's Demons. Trying some of the stuff I learned. Thanks for letting me check out the Necrosphinx. I am sorry you only got Bronze, I thought you would do no worse than Silver, but I didn't do the judging.

I had a great time hanging out with the guys at the Lounge. Meeting so many of you from CMoN was great, Drew, Jeff, Trystan, Brice, and Beamo and War0827. I am sorry I never caught your names. I was very surprised at the Ahnuld mimicking ability of Jeff, Trystan, and Drew, it is crazy, I kept hearing it all day. And then on the way home, we started practicing for next year.

It was also great to meet(apologies for butchering these names Yurii(skeeve), Chris Borer, James Craig, Dave Pauwell, Kyrill, Todd Swanson, Dave Taylor, and Benett Blalock-Doane. Thanks for all the tips and such from all of you folks. Seems like my entries were well liked, but with such an impressive list of painters, it was an honor to just be in First Cut, so no regrets on my part, just motivation. Anyway, I am rambling, and very tired. Thanks again, for following this thread and keeping me motivated.

I agree with Jeff. That chariot was awesome.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Look at it this way, Chad, at least you know the reason and can fix it. It's far more difficult to return absolutely bewildered at what went wrong. But chuck that varnish and figure out a new plan. Keep it sharp! Because I'm coming next year with horses! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynloch View Post
    Look at it this way, Chad, at least you know the reason and can fix it. It's far more difficult to return absolutely bewildered at what went wrong. But chuck that varnish and figure out a new plan. Keep it sharp! Because I'm coming next year with horses! lol!
    Don't worry. I am throwing out all the stops. Now I am going to just focus all my painting efforts at Golden Demon, but I sure school will help prevent me from giving it the full 108% that I was planning on giving it. But we will see... And I can't wait to see them horsies, I have to see what I can come up with for a unit.

It was some tough competition, but I thought you did a great job. I really thought that you should have placed. I guess the judges look for particular things that seem to be different every year. But like you said, it was all about having a good time and hanging out with all the great painters. I wasn't able to hang out at the lounge much to meet everyone, but I was glad to have met some of you guys. Going to be even more stiff competition next year I guess since others will be coming up.

My commiserations on the result chadders we all know the effort you put into the comp, as far as im concerned your a winner.
    nothing stopping you posting the full pictures in all their glory here now eh, get some votes flying i predict at least a 9.4
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    My commiserations on the result chadders we all know the effort you put into the comp, as far as im concerned your a winner.
    nothing stopping you posting the full pictures in all their glory here now eh, get some votes flying i predict at least a 9.4
    9.4?!?! I doubt it, but fingers crossed. I won't be putting them up today, I just want to relax.

And thanks War0827, I am already planning for next year, I am going to try to step up my painting, hopefully.

Chad, It was great meeting you as well! Sorry to hear the varnish was hamstringing your entries there, but again the judging is all subjective. Right before the awards were announced, Jeff, Matt, and I were talking to Vince Hudon and his thoughts were: "If you placed, awesome. The judges were right on. If you didn't place, they obviously missed something."

Looking forward to seeing the progress towards next year. We can reconvene and the Arnolds will strike again!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrescher View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the progress towards next year. We can reconvene and the Arnolds will strike again!
    Screw the waaaaagggggghhh, I say YyYYyYYEEEARrrrRRRGgGGgAAAHHHhhh!!!
    My Rank -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrescher View Post
    Chad, It was great meeting you as well! Sorry to hear the varnish was hamstringing your entries there, but again the judging is all subjective. Right before the awards were announced, Jeff, Matt, and I were talking to Vince Hudon and his thoughts were: "If you placed, awesome. The judges were right on. If you didn't place, they obviously missed something."

I think it was more of a case of what the judges didn't miss, but I learned, so not a total loss. And your entry was stunning, one of my faves from the day. Hurry up and get it into the gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    Screw the waaaaagggggghhh, I say YyYYyYYEEEARrrrRRRGgGGgAAAHHHhhh!!!
    Hear, hear. We seriously practiced most of the way home, I intend to master the Ahnuld by next year, so look out... Now, geeat to da choppah!

Ky, U.S., Earth, Milky Way, Known Univers

Sorry to hear about varnish Chad, was really expecting your's to do well. So have they picked a date for next year?? lol I wanna start planning now

no varnish I never use it anymore on demon entries.

Great job! and it was really nice meeting all you guys in person. I had a great time. Now time to try to do better for next year.

Too bad about the varnish Chad, as I thought you had a few real nice pieces there. But I guess there is always next year.
    Now available for commissions.
    My Blog
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Cocanour View Post
    no varnish I never use it anymore on demon entries.

Great job! and it was really nice meeting all you guys in person. I had a great time. Now time to try to do better for next year.
    Great to me you, Brice. I am still stunned at the quality of your minis, thanks for letting me see them up close. It was one of the highlights of the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddwyr View Post
    Too bad about the varnish Chad, as I thought you had a few real nice pieces there. But I guess there is always next year.
    Thanks. But I never heard a date announced for next year, but I did hear that it would be in Chicago for the next couple of years. That was second-hand though, so not confirmed.