MightyChad's GD WIP - Page 3
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MightyChad's GD WIP

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

I am off tomorrow, so hopefully I can get in a good day of painting then post some more mysterious photos. I find this is the best way to keep interest, if I just showed the whole project no one would care.

I agree. All you need to do to keep the thread going is to feed the trolls, er thread jackers, er fans.
    Pics are a great way too, I suppose. Who says the pics have to be on topic?
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

I think the majority of the pics in this thread were off topic, but who cares, everyone seems to be happy about it.

treat em mean n keep em keen lol
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    treat em mean n keep em keen lol
    Quoted for troof!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Well, it has been way too long since I have updated on my Chariot. So I will show you one of the parts that was the biggest pain to paint, the whip of the charioteer, I will use this as a teaser, until I can get proper shots of the mini holding the whip:

And here is the WIP of my entry for Fantasy Single, a Black Orc Warboss. I am trying a different method for this guy, I am using juicing to do my shading. Normally I use layering and washing for my armor. On his helmet I wanted to do an Orc(y) design to draw attention, so I chose to complement his "Jaw" plate with the upper an upper mandible/skull. I will be going back in and doing more work on the bone colored areas, hopefully to smooth it out, and then all of the armor will get some chipping and battle damage. I haven't decided on my banner yet, but the design will resemble the classic squig face that is common for Orc banners.

nice detailing on the wip, a mottled effect, coolio.

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    nice detailing on the wip, a mottled effect, coolio.
    Yeah I am hoping to smooth that out. I was going for cast shadows and zenithal lighting, I may fail, but at least I tried. And the shot of the whip was especially for you, cass, as you keep looking for a toe here, a belt there...

good man. keep em coming

Cool, I do like the Orc metal mask.
    "All in the game yo, all in the game."

Tomorrow will hopefully be a big day for getting work done. I hope to get a start on the skin, and start black lining the armor. Glad people are liking the helmet, I hope it looks good when finalized.

Ky, U.S., Earth, Milky Way, Known Univers

Yea that helmet is the cat's ass for sure. Makes me wanna go buy some Orcs right now.....

Indeed, the muts nutts!......more metephores !! Now back to the oar..brushes!

Yep, more painting, more painting! You know you're taking this too far, or working on a Golden Demon entry, when you're discussing cast shadows and zenithal lighting on the strands on a whip.

I've got to jump on the band wagon and say that orc's helmet is great Chad. I never would have guessed you'd paint him red though...

Quote Originally Posted by khavor View Post
    Yep, more painting, more painting! You know you're taking this too far, or working on a Golden Demon entry, when you're discussing cast shadows and zenithal lighting on the strands on a whip.
    That was a bit of a joke, really. I was just happy to get a braided effect! I did try for zenithal lighting on it though. I was trying to do zenithal and cast shadows on the Orc.

Quote Originally Posted by khavor View Post
    I've got to jump on the band wagon and say that orc's helmet is great Chad. I never would have guessed you'd paint him red though...
    You say that like it's a bad thing. You are just jealous...

There is nothing wrong with painting things red. Plenty of accomplished painters with a high degree of skill pick red. Its certainly better than painting everything some shade of blue....

Quote Originally Posted by sm51498 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with painting things red. Plenty of accomplished painters with a high degree of skill pick red. Its certainly better than painting everything some shade of blue....
    I don't know if that was an intentional crack at khavor or not, either way, well done.

As for updates:

I got some work done on the Orc, as well as the other project, but just the base for it. I worked on the green skin of the greenskin, and started placing the areas for battle damage, here's some huge photos.

Two updates in one day? And I didn't even throw my back out! Here's the base for the Chariot, I just finished working on it for the day. I don't think I have much left other than doing flock, grass, leaves, and such.

really dig the red armor of that ork, great contrast to the green skin nice helmet too!

That is a really nice red.