W: Freehand banner for a memorial (charity)

Thread: W: Freehand banner for a memorial (charity)

Default W: Freehand banner for a memorial (charity)

Hello everyone,

I'm doing a memorial diorama for the parents of a young gamer who recently died of heart disease. The plan is to have a Dreadnought in stasis, lit by candlelight, perhaps being attended (not sure yet,) with a banner on the wall behind/above it depicting the gamer in question clad in powered armor in a heroic pose.

The project'll be a big stretch for me, but one thing I absolutely will not be able to get right (and I have grave doubts about the rest as it is!) is the banner. Would anyone be willing to take this on as a charity commission?

Just a thing to consider: Would the parents be able to understand/apreciate such an endeavour? Don`t get me wrong, I like the idea, but I guess if it was me who died, a mini of a giant war-robot sarcophagus would be among the things my mum would care least about...
    When I was your age, Yuggoth was a planet.

GW cares not from whence the cash flows, only that it flows!

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

I appreciate the thought but I doubt the parents would be crazy about it. That said, what is the time frame for this? PM me some details about the when, size, and such.

The kid was very fond of Space Marines, and he spent a lot of time with his dad on the hobby. I'm hoping it'll work, but now that you mention it...

I think, honestly, that the family will appreciate any kind of gesture. And if it was a hobby he shared with his father, even more so! If you are uncertain that it is a "war/death" symbol, I'd put some sort of plaque at the bottom with a "poem" or other kind of suitable words to describe what the diorama represent.

I say go for it! I know I would appreciate the gesture greatly.

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Now that I know it was a shared hobby, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    The project'll be a big stretch for me, but one thing I absolutely will not be able to get right (and I have grave doubts about the rest as it is!) is the banner. Would anyone be willing to take this on as a charity commission?
    I'd suggest Tommie Soule on this.
    But a question do you have a Good Clear High Quality Picture of the Gamer.
    Because it'd be pointless trying to do a representation of someone without a good photo reference, especially in this circumstance.

Given that you think that this might be a struggle for you, why not simplify the diorama down to the banner on a wall and a Marine Helmet on "Shrine Plinth" with Candles.
    If needs be the Banner could even be simplified down to Biographical details and a short verse.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.