Aw man - I didn't think the price would drop that fast!

Thread: Aw man - I didn't think the price would drop that fast!

Default Aw man - I didn't think the price would drop that fast!

So I'm working on my Chaos Knight, and I jump over to the store to look at a picture for quick reference and his price has already dropped $8.00. I jumped at the chance to order one as soon as I found out about it. But I thought it would be at least 30 days before the price dropped.

Oh well, I knew I was going to pay more money ordering when I did. Next time I'll wait. Unfortunately, there's no way to really know what's going to sell out in an instant and what won't.

But doesn't that just sort of kick ya when you find that out? When was the last time you bought something (mini or non-mini related) and turned around to find it's price went down.

That's easy.

Bought stocks in a mining firm, on the news that it was being taken over, so the price went up quite dramatically.

Next day, the financial times report that the bid failed. Price collapsed.

*sigh*

Aw that sucks gohkm! Most retail has something of a price match guarantee, so I haven't been stuck in awhile. But no doubt my 401k has gone through that a couple of times now.

Kathryn -

It's the whole store. Now thru the end of the 4th it's 10% off everything.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

That's even worse. That means the sale gene didn't kick in when it should have.

Blog Entries

I have a buddy that just put in a big order like 2 weeks ago, he's a little choked! However, he is considering ordering all the things he wanted to buy but didn't... so I can score some minis and not pay shipping lol
    Please feel free to check out my hobby blog, IMMATERIUM PRESS. Rumors, hobby articles, community building and tournament organization. Many thanks

Its always a bitch when you buy something, then next day its dropped in price. How I look at it is that if your happy with the price at the time, then be happy with what you've bought!, then paint it
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

yup, yup, this has happened to me a few times. like a kick in the nuts, every time!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

We had to change our pounds sterling to Kiwi dollars to buy a house shortly after arriving. If we'd been able to wait another 8 weeks, we'd have made another $30k.

Bugger!

You see the problem is this, if you don't buy said item, you will never be able to find it again, or the price will have been jack a thousand percent. It's an evil nasty double edged sword I tell'sa.
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    I have a buddy that just put in a big order like 2 weeks ago, he's a little choked! However, he is considering ordering all the things he wanted to buy but didn't... so I can score some minis and not pay shipping lol
    lol! Good for you and I'm the same way. I wish I had some cash flow to take advantage of the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by 10 ball View Post
    Its always a bitch when you buy something, then next day its dropped in price. How I look at it is that if your happy with the price at the time, then be happy with what you've bought!, then paint it
    Because I wasn't happy with the price when I bought it. lol! In another post I mentioned that I failed my saving throw against the impulse buy on the Chaos Knight - critical fumble even.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemunkie View Post
    We had to change our pounds sterling to Kiwi dollars to buy a house shortly after arriving. If we'd been able to wait another 8 weeks, we'd have made another $30k.

Bugger!
    Oh don't EVEN get me started on the exchange rates. I sold a resin horse recently that's extremely popular and hard to get. I didn't want to sell it at all but bills are bills. So I jacked the price up accordingly hoping no one would buy her. Well the dollar isn't doing so hot against the GBP and along came a UK buyer. Snapped her up in a heartbeat because with the exchange rate, she got a great deal. Now I wish I hadn't sold the horse. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    You see the problem is this, if you don't buy said item, you will never be able to find it again, or the price will have been jack a thousand percent. It's an evil nasty double edged sword I tell'sa.
    Truth! Just like that item you get sick of tripping over and either chuck it or give it to charity. A day or two later is when you find out it's rare and worth it's friggin weight in gold or something. lol!