Tallarn Style Vox Caster

Thread: Tallarn Style Vox Caster

Default Tallarn Style Vox Caster

Hey, haven't posted anything proper in a while, so here we go. A tallarn themed vox caster. I've been wanting to do a nice job on a vox caster for a while, so its nice to finally get finished. Fair amount of conversion work and being out of practice this was a bit of a slog. Anyway, please lemme know what you think

Vote link http://www.coolminiornot.com/282710

wouldn't say he looks tallarn, they are usually more arabic looking. tic a lovely model though. great convo and nice pj!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Would agree about him not looking tallarn, but I'm glad you guys like him

Love the pose, like he is shouting orders at someone :-)
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Overall it's a really cool job, but one thing's bugging me big time. There's no joint in that bionic arm, and it's really very spindly. It just doesn't look practical, which takes away from the realism element you've managed to create with your high quality paint job. He really needs to be able to bend that thing at the elbow. Without the joint there it looks a bit comical due to the impracticality, which jars against the aesthetic of the model. Fix that part and I think it'd be excellent!

Cheers,
    James

Jeez, it's been so long, I almost forgot you were a great painter....

Very solid!

Wouldn't go as far as great :P

Glad you guys like him, I agree the arm is pretty spidly lono, it was meant to be like that and there is an elbow joint, however it is hidden by the bulk of the arm. Pretty happy with it for my first attempt at sculpting a whole arm.

It has been a while vikey

I see, I thought that was just a part of the gauntlet. In that case, I think the positioning of the joint may be a little off. The upper part of the arm is too long compared to the lower part past the elbow. Perhaps it could be improved with some not so drastic tweaking? It's certainly a good first attempt though.

Cheers,
    James