Obsidian painting's WIP

Thread: Obsidian painting's WIP

Default Obsidian painting's WIP

Well, hopefully this is the beginning of something i can keep up with!

To start, here is a Grey knight army i'm currently working on.

Just a basic Tabletop Quality. They are not finished, so this is just a WIP.

Heres what you get!
    This is just some of the terminator models. Theres 4 paladins, 1 grand master, 1 librarian, and 10 terminators. There is also 2 storm ravens, and 1 landraider for this as well.

All the script work still needs to be done, the OSL needs to be done(they are going to have glowing eyes, and their force weapons are going to be glowing onto them as well. And they are going to be on lava bases)

A client of Mine is already interested int his project, I was going to throw it up for sale when it was done, but it looks like it's already sold Tongue

Cheers!

Gary,
    Obsidian Painting

I would love to comment, but the pics are too small and dark to clearly see anything.

When i get home from work later i'll post more photos! Bigger ones!!!!!!!

I do commissions!
    Check out my youtube:
    www.youtube.com/obsidianpainting Tutorials and more await!

i agree the photos are a little dark, but from what i can see i am very eager to see them finished and in pics to mach btw... the bloodletter head is looking awesome already

Bigger photos:

there are some minor things that i need to touch on them. A little bit of paint spillage. And there are still some things needing to be finished. But i'm just waiting on a part for my airbrush to complete these guys with OSL.

These guys are just going to be a tabletop quality.

Cheers!
    CC welcome.
    I do commissions!
    Check out my youtube:

Looking good, I like the red and white shields / crests. Don't know whether you were planning it but if it was me I'd put a final highlight on the metals?
    "All in the game yo, all in the game."

yes a final highlight would make them jump off the base at you imo but they are really looking good thus far. looking forward to the finished product.
    "Never rub another man's rhubarb..."

i'm intentionally leaving them darker, as i want to do OSL on them, and i want the OSL to stand out a bit more. I felt like the bog standard grey knight was boring, so i wanted the OSL to be the predominate focus. We'll see how it turns out! i'm just waiting for some paints and stuff to come in to finish these guys off.
    I do commissions!
    Check out my youtube:

While i wait for a part for my airbrush,
    I have two more armies i need to paint, an ork army and a space marine(using assault on black reach models)

Heres the idea i'm going for, please just mute the sound... i didn't record any voice, and all you hear is my fan. soo just mute sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzo6XF_2NHg

I'm going for a rusty ork scheme. This warboss is intentionally done in a darker skin tone, the other models will be a lighter shade of green.

I was trying to go for a darker skin, but with high contrast to make him stand out.

I have close to 100 more orks to paint up like this. So.. we'll see how that goes :P Remember this is tabletop quality. i gave some extra attention to his skin though... make him stand out.. Generals should stand out!

Cheers!
    I do commissions!
    Check out my youtube:

Also, anyone have any suggestions for the grey knight shoulder pads? I'm not that great at free hand XD but i would like something to be there.

Thanks!
    I do commissions!
    Check out my youtube:

You could freehand the sword emblem on there pretty easily- it's a simple design. Just make sure to use a little flow improver to make the freehanding easier and test on paper first.