War0827 WIP - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: War0827 WIP

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

If you are happy with the Juggernaut, stop. If I had to pick a place that needed anything added to it, it would be the Juggernaut's right thigh, the rear leg plate in the top plate doesn't look like it has any battle damage compared to the other side. Other than that it is awesome, and I think it has a good chance at a trophy. Keep at it with the base, it is looking awesome so far. Good luck, man. I can honestly say that I have not looked forward to a Golden Demon competition as much as I have this one, I just can't wait to see these minis in person!

I also like it, the battle damage has come out really cool. Best of luck at the GD mate, looks like there is going to be a lot of nice minis.
    Now available for commissions.
    My Blog
    My Gallery

i think it looks good. too much abuse can look silly. im glad you were able to decipher my post - it was a late night and i could barely understand my own comments when i reread it today.

Got some work done on the blade. Still going to darken it a bit more, but still debating if I want to keep it at a cool blue for the contrast and allow the weapon to pop, or if I should do some other freehand work in there. Thoughts?

Name:  2011-07-27 23-32-06.737.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  108.3 KB

I'd say he looks good.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Nice job on the reds! For the blue sword I think it could use some highlights on the edges to make it pop out a little bit more. Can't wait to see it in a couple days!
    My Rank -

I really like what you did with the reds, very nice! The sword is cool as contrast but it definitely needs more, I'm going to hold off on the thumbs up or down for right now. lol! Great job tho war, very nice!

The sword does need a bit more in the way of highlighting. The horns need a bit more gradation between the dark and light. It seems a bit drastic. Maybe some gryphonne sepia layers to build up the transition.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyChad View Post
    The sword does need a bit more in the way of highlighting. The horns need a bit more gradation between the dark and light. It seems a bit drastic. Maybe some gryphonne sepia layers to build up the transition.
    I agree with Chad here. Nice work so far though.
    My Blog
    My Gallery

I put on a couple layers of transpartent raw sienna from liquitex and re-blended some of the bone back into the horns. At this point, I'm really just too tired to go back and fix it lol. You'll also have to excuse the phots with the bright white back in the first couple of photos...that's just the lamp not my painting lol. The last three are in a lightbox. Still playing around with lighting and camera setup to get a decent photo.

Anyways, as for the mini, I did add regal blue and also regal blue/black ink shadowing into the sword as well as two highlights of hawk turquise/white. I did a very thin line highlight around the edges for it to show a bit, not sure if you can see it in the photo or not. I also decided to do a little bit of OSL around the jugger eyes to draw some attention back towards the middle of the model (when looking at it from the front). The bright smurf sword seemed to be drawing the attention away a little bit. As far as I'm concerned the model itself is about 95% or so done for me. I think I'll touch up any last minute areas that you guys would suggest tonight and call it done. As for the base, I'm going to work on the chain a little bit more giving it some shadows tonight and then brighten up the edges of the rock just a tad. Might even darken the shadows a step further, but otherwise it's pretty much done.

Any thoughts or suggestions to bring it over the top and make it a contender for a demon this year? Thx again for you suggestions and help.

Name:  2011-07-28 12-56-46.623.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  83.3 KBName:  2011-07-28 12-57-09.677.jpg
Size:  72.0 KBName:  2011-07-28 12-57-50.519.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  69.6 KBName:  2011-07-28 12-58-21.308.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  96.8 KBName:  DSC00234.JPG
Size:  60.1 KBName:  DSC00235.JPG
Size:  79.0 KBName:  DSC00236.JPG
Size:  61.0 KB

I am not a fan of the OSL, seems to go too far onto the side of the face, almost like the light source is outside of the eye socket. And the Sword does really pop, but I guess that is the point. But I think it looks great, you should be proud.

think the base should be more khornish, blood, grittier skulls? the osl is great, but if you ask me, darker shades could do wonders, ost of the mini is seems to have the same light. metals are nice, xcept from the spikes on that there juggernaut, they could have more depth. great mini otherwise, will be fun to see how you do!=)

Ok so I'll work on blending in some more shadows into the spikes on the top of the head. and a bit more highlights on the collar. As for the OSL around the eyes, I was kind of thinking the same thing that they were a bit far out, but needed confirmation. I will work on blending it back some. As for the base, I will be working on it a bit more tonight as I'm not finished with it yet. I will be making the skulls a bit more dirty and defined. As for bloody, not sure if I want to do that too much as it might draw attention away from the mini. Maybe some dusting with weathering powder and some dirt in there might give it enough contrast between the highlighted edges to the dark recesses. I'll try to post up some more pics in about 6 hours or so after work.

have to say Braa vo! nice job. this is the second sorta urban surfer mini i've seen this week
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Looking good War! I think you've already nailed the issues but maybe consider taking that sword as far as it will go with highlight and shadows - not only make it pop but have it hit you over the head. That would be a good counter to the awesomeness of the rest. Great job!

Ky, U.S., Earth, Milky Way, Known Univers

This has turned out really really well! Gives me a lot of inspiration and motivation to going again on my current project!

Congratulations with the Silver

Congratz on the demon War! Was great to meet you in person and getting to see this. Well deserved
    My Rank -

Congrats on the demon there. Well done. Have inspired me to paint one too. .
    My Blog
    My Gallery