Nin-JAAAAAAAAAA
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nin-JAAAAAAAAAA

Blog Entries

Default Nin-JAAAAAAAAAA

Okay folks. Just found a hilarious video clip of martial arts ninja fraud of the 80's (during the big ninja craze) "Master Ashida Kim" who authored a few books which I vaguely remember from my schooldays just before I started getting involved in karate and jui-jitsu myself. In fact I even had a short email discussion with the him when he accused me of "TROLLING" his message board just because I made a few critical comments lol. Anyways - the guys skill or lack there-of, is most amusing and this clip should raise a chuckle or two. Enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QQNdGylNKY

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

I am bereft of ribs.....

This one really cracks me up...his #1 student levitating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcWB82SPWgU
    Supervike: "There's no purpose to this, besides something to do..."

Blog Entries

Whoooooo spooky!!! Anyone remember those freaky "yogic flying" people who strangely appeared during one election? Their literature cracked me up. You can see yogic flying here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSsI0nXv2AM

Going back to the mysterious master of Ashida Kim, check out this video, and look out for the bit with Elmer Fudd creeping through an open field and being surprised by a ninja!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRnYR...eature=related

My Gallery Here

Why did he shine a flashlight into his sleeping enemies face?

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    Why did he shine a flashlight into his sleeping enemies face?
    Because he's a dickhead?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by finn17 View Post
    Because he's a dickhead?
    because he is living in a fantasy world where he is a ninja master and whatever he does is awesome??? Or just what finn said lol.

dfb

My Gallery Here

Well, this thread has been instructional because I never knew I could levitate before...can't wait for the Mrs to get home...she is going to be soooooo impressed

Hey, darling, watch this.....

Or perhaps I'll try the 'Elephant Impression' again...at least that makes her laugh...

Blog Entries

Yeah I'd go with the elephant impression, that might lead to better things.....

dfb

ps more ninja madness being researched for amusement over the evening....

My Gallery Here

Blog Entries

Here's another one for you.....

Dont piss off this little blonde kid if there is a stick nearby and he's on a chocolate high from eating Milky Bars all day long....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjrYb5eatZ8

dfb

My Gallery Here

That's just really depressed me...stick twirling for boys

IRL any 5th rate street kid would take that wand/bow/stick thing and shove it straight up his arris
    Last edited by finn17; 07-20-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Blog Entries

That's just really depressed me...stick twirling for boys

IRL any 5th rate street kid would take that wand/bow/stick thing and shove it straight up his arris
    More than likely, but he is fast and sharp and focussed with the bo and quite angry, technically pretty good especially given his age. it made me chuckle a bit casue he reminds me of the Milky Bar Kid lol.

My Gallery Here

Looks like angry blonde boy gets the last laugh:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1363271/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    Looks like angry blonde boy gets the last laugh:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1363271/
    LOL, guess he does, thats an impressive resume. I didnt spot any Milky Bar ad credits though lol.

dfb

My Gallery Here

Milky Way boy hahahaha that's too funny!! Oh man this thread really made my day. Thanks DFB! NNIIINNNNNNNJAAAAAAA!!!
    My Rank -

Thanks for the laughs peeps, and to dfb for starting the thread off.

Quote Originally Posted by finn17
    In between being hit in the face 15 times while he reaches for it?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfacedboy uk1
    More than likely, but he is fast and sharp and focussed with the bo and quite angry, technically pretty good especially given his age. it made me chuckle a bit casue he reminds me of the Milky Bar Kid lol.
    How do you rate him against Chloe Bruce out of curiosity?

Einion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    Milky Way boy hahahaha that's too funny!! Oh man this thread really made my day. Thanks DFB! NNIIINNNNNNNJAAAAAAA!!!
    No problem Elly lol.

To top things off for today, here's some of the top martial artists in the USA showing off some devastating moves. Be sure to check out the guy kicking the apple of the top of the dummys head. I tried that one myself many years ago as a lad, put a coke can on my mates head, my kick landed solidly though, solidly in the side of his head lol. Still the coke can fell off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8vml...eature=related

dfb

My Gallery Here

Quote Originally Posted by Einion View Post
    Doubtful, unless he deliberately decided to stand in the way.

The majority of martial arts are like dancing...both partners have to know and agree to the rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzcOCyHDqc

Oh dear lord!!! was that a sock with eye holes cut out!! the last time i saw someone hide as well as that was Jack sparrow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...vq=medium#t=49
    Last edited by cassar; 07-20-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Einion View Post
    Thanks for the laughs peeps, and to dfb for starting the thread off.

How do you rate him against Chloe Bruce out of curiosity?

Einion
    Had to google Chloe Bruce Einion. Heres the video of her I found and watched....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ID7ZGQui2I

From this video I would say she has fantastic control of what her body is doing which would make her very good if she applied herself to real fighting. WHat she does is more martial dancing really - freestyle kata to music. Not that impressed with that type of showy stuff really. Now the kid (although grown up now) may have been doing a traditional Okinawan Bo kata, I'm not sure as I never studied Kobudo weapons, or it may have been made up (more likely), but either way he definately wanted to kill someone and so my money is on the kid!! He had martial spirit when performing that kata, Chloe Bruce was more about looking good.

dfb

My Gallery Here

Blog Entries

The majority of martial arts are like dancing...both partners have to know and agree to the rules.
    Ohhh, now there's a misconception if ever I heard one!! The thing about martial arts is there are a lot of pretenders and wannabes and people who cashed in on the old kung fu boom of the 70's followed by the ninja boom of the 80's. Some instructors train to a certain level and then go their own way before they are ready. These people give off a bad impression for those who are serious and actually good at what they do. Kind of like how conceptual art sullies the reputation of truely skilled painters and proper artists (sorry, I'm in an artistically disgruntled mood today).

One thing which may give you that impression here finn is the training process, which has to be controlled to avoid injury and facillitate learning to a number of levels. So for example you design a training routine where the attacker knows what is coming in to start with and applies a defence the final stage maybe any random attack and you have to apply the correct defence.

The other thing that gives this impression is competition, which obviously has to have rules. Competition is exactly that, a sport/game. But depending on the quality of the competition is a great training tool also.

Another thing is people doing the training don't adapt the arts to the modern world, which can be done quite easily but they often dont bother in order to preserve the tradition. This can make your training unrealistic and ultimately a complete waste of time. Unfortunately, it kind of prevailed in the art I trained in (KUGB Shotokan). Sticking to the same routines from the 1800's/ early 1900's is not going to help you in todays world. One example is wrist grabs "attacks" from a low position. This was a common attack in ancient times if someone was unarmed and somebody went to their belt to draw a tanto (short blade) they went to arrest that movement with the wrist grab. This would be relatively pointless defence now as attackers dont tend to carry swords in their belts!!! The position would today be from the inside jacket pocket if someone were to draw a weapon. Attacks would be more big swings and go to the ground pretty quick. In feudal japan and later periods, many people would have fighting skills of some sort and know what they were doing or at least to a degree. Not so in the English pubs!!!

In our case finn, dodging shotgun shells and listening for the epic warning of "Gerrroooffff my laaannnnndddd!" should be paramount in our martial arts training.

or, pop up to Liskeard and wax my Mrs' car if you'd like further training - "Wax on --- righta hand, wax offf --- lefta hand.......wax on........wax off.... wax on....wax off........"

Here endeth todays martial arts lesson (bows).

dfb

My Gallery Here