Wills WIP - You decide - Page 26
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Wills WIP - You decide

Im sending you the bill for my dental treatment (after i've picked my jaw up off the floor) The banner is wicked ! great work on the black blending looks really solid and metalic. Its official then you are a member of the "smartarse" club great skills mate.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Looks awesome my friend! Glad to see I'm not the only one in love with MiniatureMentor!
    Currently accepting small commissions
    Now on GTalk: Exiledminiatures@gmail.com
    I tweet daily! https://twitter.com/ExiledMiniature

Really nice banner. Now finish them so that we cant vote on them

Hi Guys,

All finished on the marine squad. I am really pleased with how they have ended up but I would be lying if I said I was 100% happy. Painting squads is not my bag and I am glad I have finished these lot off. I am really pleased with the freehand and the blacks which were a real challenge. Basing could be better but these are for gaming so not a massive issue. C&C welcome

Name:  Steve Montage.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  294.8 KB

http://www.coolminiornot.com/329180
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Wow. Just wow. You must have learned a lot about painting black. And that banner looks awesome.

Fantastic, you've done well Will I like the contrast you've got into the black and banner - I'd be tempted to change the bases and enter them into GD

You've almost made we want to pick up another space marine!

Cheers for the nice comments chaps. I am in agreement MM. I wanted to do a better squad base but ran out of time. Committed to finish these during Easter and move on. My thoughts are for a muster deck on some kind of Ordo ship with some nice insignia and metalwork. May do it as a side project and swap the marines over at a later date.

One issue I have is with basing and the fact that I never get round to doing it before painting the mini. I may buy in some more materials, plinths etc so that I can get some display bases complete before painting.

Over and out
    Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Hey dudes! After thinking I was through with marines for a while I have decided to work more on the NMM Sanguinary guard I started at Tommies NMM class. Been working on the the legs at the moment and will have some images in the next day or too.

Its nice not to be working with black!!!

Cheers
    Will

top work mate, very impressive. Voted!
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

That banner is a strait 10 for me! And the black.

Very good job. I am a fan. The banner looks amazing too.

I so happy to not be painting black LOL!!!! There is colour in the world and it is a beautiful place....... Enough of this and on with the WIP. Here are the up to date piccies of the Sanguinary Guard I am working on. Using all the skills picked up with Mr Soule and learnings from my blacks this is where I am up to.

Name:  Sanguinary5.JPG
Views: 298
Size:  76.4 KBName:  Sanguinary7.JPG
Size:  76.4 KBName:  Sanguinary6.JPG
Size:  81.4 KB

He sparkles! Thoughts on battle damage for this fella please. Can I justifiably verdigree him up, scratch his armour and generally make him look a bit lived in or do I stop with a clean and gleaming look?

Any thoughts appreciated.
    Will

It looks too shiny to damage! I wouldn't do it, but then again, I never really painted SM's and do weathering and stuff.
    My painting blog: The Way of the Painter

You could make it lived in but you've done such a good job on that nnm that I would keep any damage or weathering very sparse.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Fantastic work mate especially on that banner which is next level and all that!

Keep him clean and sparkly, no to the battle damage is my thought.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Hey - that squad is absolutely great! well done!!

Hey Will, always great to see your stuff. The deathwatch unit has been very inspiring for me. Funnily enough I'm struggling with the same dilemma as you at the moment in terms of wether or not to weather a very clean piece I've been working on. I dont have pics up but I'll try and get some today or tomorrow and would love to have your opinion. Personally I say go for it. I feel it's very rare to see a weathered NMM piece. It takes so much time to get that perfect NMM that I feel most people are afraid to then venture into the realm of weathing. I think it has great potential and will furthermore be set apart from the other hundered and one beautiful NMM pieces that are popping up. Just my two cents : P I feel most will disagree lol.

Shakes

I agreee with shakes, I do belive that NMM is more difficult to do weathering on when TM, This due to that the higlights and shadows need to be there to create the "illusion" of metalics. but would be nice if you gave it a try. Atleast some weathering don´t need to be too much.

/Kretcher

Weathered NMM is truly an artform. TMM is, as I've found out, actually quite difficult as well. At this point even harder for me than NMM. It's six of one, half dozen of the other. Do whatever you're most comfortable with. Or don't. What do I know?
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.