What a girl as to do sometimes !!!( warcraft and battlelore )
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What a girl as to do sometimes !!!( warcraft and battlelore )

Default What a girl as to do sometimes !!!( warcraft and battlelore )

Hi! I've a boyfriend that's a maniac about WOW and Battlelore boardgames, but I found that playing it without coloured minis confusing and a bit dull... So, I started painting the games minis. I should shot myself for the idea: one thing is painting 5 or 6 of the same, another is painting 20.... But, what a girl has to do, she has to do.

Nevertheless, I began to have fun with it, but I lack feedback. My boyfriend, besides being null on painting ( he makes spots painting a white wall white ) is so happy that he doesn't want to discourage me from painting the rest.

So, I'll leave you my favorites. Comments, critics and tips are welcome.

Name:  draco blue.jpg
Views: 5994
Size:  726.5 KBName:  moarg 3.jpg
Views: 5906
Size:  719.4 KBName:  murloc 3 copy.jpg
Views: 7479
Size:  707.1 KBName:  creatures giant cave.jpg
Views: 5920
Size:  1.34 MBName:  hero priest 6.jpg
Views: 5918
Size:  1.11 MB

Because he likes to show off with is his friends, I've the rest at http://amaolivre.wordpress.com/miniaturas/warcraft/ and http://amaolivre.wordpress.com/minia...ore-expansoes/
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 07-15-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Nice! I bet it makes the games much more fun.

Zach
    www.crookedeye.net

Cool! Now I want to buy the WoW boardgame so I can paint a Murloc :-(
    The Future Of Magic Wash is Klear

supervike: This site is cake, the scoring is icing. Scrape it off if you don't like it, the cake is still delicious!!

Dragonsreach: Oh my goodness, an Orrery and the Time Machine, at this time of the morning. I think I need a stiff cup of tea.

Murlocs are the one thing I miss from my WoW days...

Nice job!

I finished the WOW minis some time ago but I'm still working on the Battlelore ones. The reason is simple: I had to paint two base sets, which makes a total of 400 or so minis... But hey!! Is my boyfriend happy or what ?!

I just finished one of Battlelore expansion Horrific Horde, so here are the photos for you guys pin point what is not good yet...

Name:  horrific horde ogre logo.jpg
Views: 6192
Size:  529.1 KBName:  horrific horde ogre.jpg
Views: 5491
Size:  1.32 MBName:  horrific horde goblin axes.jpg
Views: 5344
Size:  1.18 MB

I have more photos at http://amaolivre.wordpress.com/minia...elore-goblins/

Cheers

Well, they look more than decent enough for gaming purposes.
    The best advice I can give you if you want to paint large quantities of similar models is to work in batches. Simplest might be basecolours, ink shading (like one dark colour for all), drybrush. Base/Drybrush/Ink, depending on the style you're going for. you can always refine some mini's later on.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Well, they look more than decent enough for gaming purposes.
    The best advice I can give you if you want to paint large quantities of similar models is to work in batches. Simplest might be basecolours, ink shading (like one dark colour for all), drybrush. Base/Drybrush/Ink, depending on the style you're going for. you can always refine some mini's later on.
    Thanks for the tip.
    That was more or less what I did: I made batches of two units ( 8 minis ).
    I choose flat color instead of high contrast because when you see 50 or more on the board it's easier to id the unit you want. On the creatures I gave a bit more of detail...
    Even so, I should have chosen a different blue because when we play it, we have a hard time differentiating the blue from the green goblins...Next time, perhaps

Oh, another technique to consider. Dipping.
    I've never done it myself but i was always quite amazed what that stuff does. Check out Army Painter's stuff.

http://shop.thearmypainter.com/produ...oductGroupId=1
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

I've never done it myself but i was always quite amazed what that stuff does. Check out Army Painter's stuff.

Nice product there!! I should seriously consider it next time my guy gets home with a box of 200 minis to paint
    It as only one thing: the shading would be all the same, so when you have flesh the shade is too artificial ( for my taste, that is )...

Nice product there. I will certanly buy it next time my guy comes home with a box of 200 minis to paint!

Hi!! Some more minis, aldo still finishing the Battelore set Just one more expansion to go...
    As a present, my guy just got home with 2 Warhammer minis for me to paint. Urray!!!

Name:  code of chivalry cavaleiro verm 1.jpg
Views: 5511
Size:  1.05 MBName:  code-of-chivalry-long-sword-1.jpg
Views: 5247
Size:  1.21 MB

You must be the best girlfriend ever! Your guy defiantly is a spoiled one... now it is time to make your demands! Dinner out with a nice long massage:P

Just one night out? ^^ She's done hundreds of minis! That's at least a two-fer.

Ok, I hate WoW, the game I hate, your painting is fine. So I think you should throw them in the microwave for 3 or 4 minutes then create some sort of melted plastic abstract art. I dislike abstract art only slightly less...but I digress. ")

On a more serious note, your figures are blending into their bases, so I'd suggest you paint up the bases in something a little more contrasting. Or were you just waiting to finish painting before doing all the bases assembly line style? Anyway, the Murloc's cute.

Haha, it seems he's working you like a sweat shop! But good stuff, I never, ever get around to painting boardgam mini's, even though they do make the game so much more enjoyable.
    Keep up the good work!
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Looking good.

If he was a good bf, the dinner outs and massages would be free....all these painted minis should be worth more lol
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by QuietiManes View Post
    Just one night out? ^^ She's done hundreds of minis! That's at least a two-fer.

Ok, I hate WoW, the game I hate, your painting is fine. So I think you should throw them in the microwave for 3 or 4 minutes then create some sort of melted plastic abstract art. I dislike abstract art only slightly less...but I digress. ")

On a more serious note, your figures are blending into their bases, so I'd suggest you paint up the bases in something a little more contrasting. Or were you just waiting to finish painting before doing all the bases assembly line style? Anyway, the Murloc's cute.
    Thanks everyone!!

Yes, I agree: WoW is much more fun to paint than to play. Regarding the abstract art, I already do it : http://cadernografico.wordpress.com/ You're rigth about the bases, but I did it so that main focus are the minis and not the bases. It gets too confusing on the board when you have to many elements pulling your attention... I'll post some in play photos soon.

lolol... I've to say that he usually takes me to dinner out, especially when is socker game day ( we don't have TV at home ), and he does all the fixing at home... I could do worse... I'm still working on the massages agreement do :P

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    lolol... I've to say that he usually takes me to dinner out, especially when is socker game day...
    LOL, crafty little bugger, isn't he?

Hey, but really good stuff in your abstract art pages. Nice shapes, colours, and composition, both in the paintings and the sculptures.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Well, the Battlelore minis are almost done, but it seems I can get around painting the REALLY cool stuff, like dragons, undead, etc. Oh well....

These are some minis I was asked to do for a local hobby store. Not quite your stuff, I know, but I would appreciate opinions... It seems that when the theme doesn't appeal to you, the painting never comes out as you wanted... Tell me what you think ...

Name:  polish-l-almond-5-copy.jpg
Views: 4469
Size:  339.8 KBName:  polish-l-almond-7.jpg
Views: 4400
Size:  283.6 KBName:  polish-l-almond-1.jpg
Views: 4492
Size:  795.4 KBName:  polish-l-almond-2.jpg
Views: 4538
Size:  727.6 KB
    This is a 90mm Almond Polish Lancer in metal. Some pieces missing there, but I worked around it...

Name:  murat-2.jpg
Views: 4570
Size:  326.9 KBName:  murat-3.jpg
Views: 4224
Size:  240.8 KBName:  murat-4.jpg
Views: 4534
Size:  328.2 KBName:  murat-5.jpg
Views: 4740
Size:  418.5 KB
    This one is a 54mm Historex Murat in plastic. Really proud of the tiger skin...

I've the other ones on my site, but I don't think it's worth posting all here. If anyone wants to give a look, it´s http://amaolivre.wordpress.com/miniaturas/uniformes/ for the uniforms

Cheers!!

Not at all bad. Actually pretty impressed by the tigerskin.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Looking pretty darn good.

A couple of areas you could improve on.......you need deeper shades and greater highlights on your colours.

I also think the areas where two colours join need better definition, this could either be with black lining using a micro pen or painting or using a dark shade of the main colour to help with the seperation.

Golds need shading with brown ink (diluted) to give definition.

The blue on the mini above seems to be your tried to hard at highlighting, shading is fine, but then you need a strong blue base coat....only highlight (with thinned paints) on the highest points, knees tops of creases etc.....

May seem a lot of negative, but you have the talent, just need too practice different techniques.