What a girl as to do sometimes !!!( warcraft and battlelore ) - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What a girl as to do sometimes !!!( warcraft and battlelore )

Ditto, tiger pelt is ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Talion View Post
    Looking pretty darn good.

A couple of areas you could improve on.......you need deeper shades and greater highlights on your colours.

I also think the areas where two colours join need better definition, this could either be with black lining using a micro pen or painting or using a dark shade of the main colour to help with the seperation.

Golds need shading with brown ink (diluted) to give definition.

The blue on the mini above seems to be your tried to hard at highlighting, shading is fine, but then you need a strong blue base coat....only highlight (with thinned paints) on the highest points, knees tops of creases etc.....

May seem a lot of negative, but you have the talent, just need too practice different techniques.
    Thanks for the hints!! The store guy asked me to do realistic, so I didn't pushed the dark lining... Have to lose the fear of doing to cartoonish

Thanks for the compliments everyone!
    Last edited by Alexandra; 11-07-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Last minis of Battlelore!! Urray!! Now I can move to different stuff... Not taking in consideration that I DO have to work, my guy just bought me Dreadfleet to paint... Oh well... It could be worse ( like napolionic uniforms ) :P

This time I tried to push a bit more the contrast... Tell me what you think

Name:  bearded-brave-bear-2.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  990.6 KBName:  bearded-brave-bolt-throuwers-2.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  1,022.8 KBName:  bearded-brave-spotter-2.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  851.4 KB

As normal, you can see more at http://amaolivre.wordpress.com/miniaturas/battlelore-dwarves/

C
    heers!

These are rockin good...maybe ill send you my set aswell ;-)
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Thanks!! Coming from you that means a lot I've seen some of your minis and they are awesome.

You're more than wellcome to send me your set, but first let me take a vacation from Battlelore stuff ( have some warhammer I'm dying to put my hands on )
    Last edited by Alexandra; 11-15-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Scottish dwarves in kilts riding bears, and I though I'd seen everything... Good job on them, they must look good on the table, ànd they're making me feel guilty for never, ever finishing one mini for any boardgame, ever. And that includes Space Hulk...

Oh, and don't give in to Marjedi's peer pressure, just put one hand on your hip, point an accusing finger, squint your eyes and say in a soft but menacing voice: "You paint yer own damn mini's, ya shoddy viking!"
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Heeeyyy back off Meph....i found her first..

rolf! You're the one recruiting unsuspecting victims for your North Korean painting sweatshop. Or shall we just settle this oldskool style, ol' chap? *brandishes fisticuffs*
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Pwah...lowlife, duel at dawn...rapier or pistol?

Trout at dawn it is then! Cheerio!

FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    These are rockin good...maybe ill send you my set aswell ;-)
    Hey people.. no need to fight... I don't mind painting other people minis. That doesn't mean I won't send the bill before I send the minis back.

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    rolf! You're the one recruiting unsuspecting victims for your North Korean painting sweatshop. Or shall we just settle this oldskool style, ol' chap? *brandishes fisticuffs*
    Sweatshop.... huummmm.... not there yet, but close. Did I mention that besides painting uniforms for a local store ( I still haven't seen any money, because I only get paid when they sell the mini ), I also have my dearest that just bought dreadfleet, and he doesn't know how to paint. Guess who's painting it for free, not to mention dusting it latter on the shelf...

Oh well... but it's A LOT OF FUN FUN ( except the historex uniforms..... )

Looks at his loaded pistol and sharpenend sword....looks at mean girl with puppy eyes...

*sloshes around his bucket of trout... looks at mean girl with puppy eyes *
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

You definatly are improving... as you pump out your models like mad:P
    One thing I might suggest is trying to thin out your paints a little more with water, they are looking a little thick. This will also help you to have better transitions when doing your highlights/shadows, giving you nicer contrasts.
    I could totally be off on this, it may be the type of paint you are using because the bear and the spotter (which I love the wood affect I might add!) doesn't seem to be as "heavy".

Keep them coming!
    Mallows

Quote Originally Posted by Mallows View Post
    You definatly are improving... as you pump out your models like mad:P
    One thing I might suggest is trying to thin out your paints a little more with water, they are looking a little thick. This will also help you to have better transitions when doing your highlights/shadows, giving you nicer contrasts.
    I could totally be off on this, it may be the type of paint you are using because the bear and the spotter (which I love the wood affect I might add!) doesn't seem to be as "heavy".

Keep them coming!
    Mallows

You're wright, some colour are a bit thick, but I keep it so I wouldn't change the colours scheme for the all game and expansions ( it was for the same guy ) and to see if I finished the paint pots ;(

The red, orange and blue are Tamiya paints that I really don't recommend for minis. Don't take me wrong: it's a great quality paint but not for minis. They thicken really quickly and even if you use thinner it gets a bit uneven... And if you keep it for a while, the pigment tends to settle on the bottom and nothing you do will mix it back to normal...

For the other colours I used GW and fine arts acrylics and that's why you can see the difference...

Next ones will be without Tamiya, and therefore, much better. Just finished Battelore, so I probably will post it on a new thread. Ha! and thanks for the compliments It always fells good

A lot of interesting minis, and a lot of interesting takes on them. I really like the tiger pelt and the scottish dwarfs.

Meph; Trouts are for sissies. Here, hit him with this *Hands Meph a bucket of Lumpsuckers* (Yes, that actually IS a fish)
    "Without music life would be a mistake. I could only believe in a god who knew how to dance."

Just need to get a hold of a decent camera and there will be a thread. Presumably.

I think Lumpsuckers have become my new favourite fish. They even have cool variants; like the Smooth Lumpsucker. He sucks lump with style!

Ahem, anyway, anyway... on topic. In case you haven't tried Vallejo paints, give those a go. Wonderful consistency and very handy drip bottles. And vallejo has a brilliant range of side producst as well, varnoshes, thinners, glazes, metallic medium etc etc.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Actually, I just bought two colour of Vallejo and your are right, it's great material to work with. I just went with the other ones because I had tons of it lying around the house.

I'm also itching to give a try on the airbrush Vallejo paints. The big problem I've got with airbrush is getting the right consistency to have a good paint flow and I find that it probably makes sense for big surfaces like banners...

Yeah, the consistency for airbrush paints is always a bit counter-intuitive. When you first start thinning paint it's always the case of thinning just that little bit more than you're comfortable with when sloshing it around in the little pot. It really has to be at least as thin as full milk, any thicker and it will work but the nozzle will clog up easily and the spray will become smaller and stuttering.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Yeah milk is the consistency you should be aiming for.

Vallejos model air range is all ready to airbrush from the bottle and are really great. And they brush on aswell quite neatly, especially the metallics are pretty good