Assault marine ! - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault marine !

solid 6cm; that belongs in south america not ireland

wow thats a big spider! Also real nice work on the marine.

Tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

I had that spiders twin in my lounge last night cassar. Saw him out the corner of my eye and it terrified me! Don't like em :-(

Safely returned to wild where he can take down some small dogs and cats and children......

Marine is looking sweet!

Cheers
    Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

a few more updates im well into doing the base complete with Gothic style window, the jet packs coming along nicely i am however toubled by the leg springs they just didnt lok finished so im putting riveted strapping around them, a bit of a fiddle but worth it. i finished the shoulder bling turned out well better than i had hoped (had visions of sanding it flat n leaving it up to Marlow to paint) Back to the jet pack do you want me to leave the packs turbine covers detachable if possible? (ease of painting later on?)

LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

I really like the window parts. You can leave the turbine covers off sure; i can always CA them on before painting if i decide to cut a few corners. I plan on having this painted in the case by Christmas, so while I know i'll end up doing my usual particular meticulous over-planning neurotic-ness, I don't want the project to drag on forever. I bet i could get a brush down in there just fine even if they were on for good.

The shoulder bling came out quite well. Really well man. "That'll do, that'll do"

ALSO, without derailing, anyone reading this WIP thread should make sure they go vote on http://www.coolminiornot.com/285314 . Mo, like Cassar, is an incredible artist and a friend of mine. I'm "Eric" btw.

Excellent OSL and a grey knight that's actually grey. Well done!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Really nice dio, painting is superb, though for me there is a bit too much dead/empty space. But well done
    Anyway, coming along nicely cass, like those turbines.
    Now available for commissions.
    My Blog
    My Gallery

im getting on well with the jet pack and started the shield the two pillar like thingummys are a mystery so guess away

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

wow that things huge!

tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

I see I've got you a few degrees away from things you've done in the past with this pack here. I like it! I was going to say, on the directional flanges on the end of the exhaust nozzles, dont worry about making those stick out at some oblique angle. they're sure to break. refer to those pics of the custom scratchbuilt Vanguard marines i sent you as a guide. just sticking them flush to the curve of the exhaust vent is best.

if this sculpting thing doesn't work out btw, you should seriously consider hand modelling. I think you have the "tools" to make it happen.

cheers as for the flanges i will do them detachable and you can fix em on when you get it. heads turned with this one too many different things going on at the same time .... simultaniously even. the boss is away to Belfast tmorra so whole day in the dungeon yea...dont know if you are aware but i usually do the models whilst listening to muzak yours is Aerosmith....nearly mc hammer so dodged a bullet there lol.

honestly . . . im not sure which is worse. space marines are fairly "2 legit 2 quit" . . . kinda like an updated urban form of "and they shall know no fear"

Quote Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
    if this sculpting thing doesn't work out btw, you should seriously consider hand modelling. I think you have the "tools" to make it happen.
    Hoot! Yeah baby! More wrist! ;D

at least the base can support this much weight might have to re position it off set so the figure itself is in the middle of the base..still progress nontheless

I have an idea for what I want you to sculpt for me next:

Or This:

Very fancy

bit of shield work

yes on the shield, total "yes"

i do think you are gonna have more issues than even you anticipate supporting that much weight (which honestly im not even sure if im estimating right, 4 pounds?) on such a precarious (at least looking) perch. doing it with the plastic was much easier lol. if worse comes to worse and we end up with a less esoteric base, I will be completely happy. I'm also happy to watch you figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
    yes on the shield, total "yes"

I'm also happy to watch you figure it out
    thanks for that lol

just weighed the componant parts its just short of 3 pounds at the moment im hoping not to go too far over 3 and a half max. then its all down to centre of gravity and balance.