DemonQUEST 2012 - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DemonQUEST 2012

And I thought I was pasty! I'm looking forward to seeing how the cloth and hair works with the pale skintone. The skaven is looking good as well. Can't wait to see him all nastied up after you've gotten the colors down. You and Trystan are making me feel behind on my work already and it's only mid August. Gaaah!

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrescher View Post
    And I thought I was pasty! I'm looking forward to seeing how the cloth and hair works with the pale skintone. The skaven is looking good as well. Can't wait to see him all nastied up after you've gotten the colors down. You and Trystan are making me feel behind on my work already and it's only mid August. Gaaah!
    Man, I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with to top the Knight Titan. It will have to be impressive. But get a move on!

Cool skintone Chad, I like. The eyes look a bit big though but that might be the sculpts fault.
    Now available for commissions.
    My Blog
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Noddwyr View Post
    Cool skintone Chad, I like. The eyes look a bit big though but that might be the sculpts fault.
    Yeah, I tried to make them as small as possible, but they are huge just by the sculpt. I may try again.

Glad somebody's posting pics to keep the fever going. It certainly hasn't been me haha..
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

haha Tryst me too... I thought 34 southern militia was rough to paint, now I have 64 redcoats! LOL Anyways - Chad to counter the larger eyes, perhaps go a shade lighter on the eye socket. I feel it looks a bit too outlined which emphasizes the largeness of the sculpt. Also, if you can maybe throw a very small dot of off white onto those irises for the shine to help make up for the sculpt as well. Just a thought I think the skin looks good so far - it'll look better too once you fill in the other areas and it's not surrounded by white. Looking forward to your progress buddy!

I gotta get my booty in gear, but it's going to be slow and steady considering I have a handful of commissions as well as school starting back up next week. ><
    My Rank -

Thanks, guys. I will try that, Jeff. I am hoping to do the hair and cloth tonight. I am trying to get her done because once my program starts I doubt I will have time for more than a couple of entries. But I would still like to get something done just in case I am able to go. But GW needs to hurry up and pick a date!

Lets see some photos of those Militia. What game are they from?

I was going to post some of those pics tonight but Im too tired and lazy lol I'll get em up in the morning. They are a group of Southern Militia from the American War of Independence line from the Perry Brothers. I'm glad to be done cause now I can get back to the sphinx and start a few GD projects with my free time (if I end up with any this year lol)
    My Rank -

I like where you are headed with the skin and I agree it does need some smoothing out but just a couple glazes and it'll look awesome. Those eyes definitely need help but I think its the sculpt and not you. I'd love to see all this stuff you are working on in person, you coming up to the shop on thursday? I'm definitely going to be there this time, I've got some stuff I want opinions on.

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynloch View Post
    Looking good so far Chad!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sm51498 View Post
    I like where you are headed with the skin and I agree it does need some smoothing out but just a couple glazes and it'll look awesome. Those eyes definitely need help but I think its the sculpt and not you. I'd love to see all this stuff you are working on in person, you coming up to the shop on thursday? I'm definitely going to be there this time, I've got some stuff I want opinions on.
    Yeah, she is like an Emo-Manga/Anime chick. Huge eyes. And just so we are clear, glazes of white to smooth it. I won't be doing color washes, if that is what you think, Scott. As for the shop, not on Thursday. I may head up on Friday, since I have to work Thursday night. Friday I need to drop off the High Elves I did for the shop, they just need to be flocked. If you are there I will give you all kinds of opinions. Why not start a WIP thread here, and then you can get more opinions, and maybe some trolling.

And now an update. Hopefully Ira will like where this is going. I plan to make the highlight on the hair more stark and the shades darker. I want it to look like it has some shimmer. Then freehand on the cloth, nothing hard, just some Druchii runes.

That looks great man!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyChad View Post
    I am going to try to smooth it. I wanted her to be pale, as I imagine almost all magis users to be pale due to their intense studying. Lots of time indoors! Anyway, bad pics:
    May I suggest Vallejo White Glaze and a fresh (or New Brush).
    The White Glaze is very helpful in smoothing out pale colours at a transition point.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    May I suggest Vallejo White Glaze and a fresh (or New Brush).
    The White Glaze is very helpful in smoothing out pale colours at a transition point.
    I will see what I can do, thanks. I will use some vallejo glaze medium and try to make a glaze this evening. If that fails I will do an order and pick up their product. Thanks DR. I have never painted skin tones like this, so any help is good.

Okay, here she is before I started glazing:

And here is after, I see I still need to work on some areas, but to the naked eye, she is quite a bit smoother. And I may have fixed her eye, it took great pain to do it!

... she's getting there... slowly.

ey not bad! id suggest mooOOOoore contrast for the metals though.
    any freehand plans for her clothing?
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    ey not bad! id suggest mooOOOoore contrast for the metals though.
    any freehand plans for her clothing?
    Yeah, the metals will be getting a lot of work, and there will be some freehand, but nothing over the top.

Hey Chad,

She's looking fine mate. Damn I get sick and go missing for a few days and you rip out something like that.

Looking good Chad. The skin is a real eye catcher. Such an interesting tone - I like it!
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Stewsayer View Post
    Hey Chad,

She's looking fine mate. Damn I get sick and go missing for a few days and you rip out something like that.
    I doubt I will get to update for a while. School started and this program is gonna kill my hobby time. I am gonna focus on getting stuff done for everyone else, then myself. But I doubt that I will be able to get much done for 2012. Which is sad, because I have some ideas! Anyway, stay tuned, and I will update as often as possible. It sucks, too, because I feel like I am really heading to the next level with my painting skill.