DemonQUEST 2012 - Page 20
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: DemonQUEST 2012

Should be Chicago again. As far as I know, they've decided to keep it in the same place.
    But we should all be planning!
    Currently accepting small commissions
    Now on GTalk: Exiledminiatures@gmail.com
    I tweet daily! https://twitter.com/ExiledMiniature

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    congratulations on the demon nice to see the two together.......just to make sure you werent bullshipping you know lol
    Well, it takes a bullshipper to know a bullshipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Empchild View Post
    It was a good piece and looked great in person. Just remember the only real difference between Gold and Bronze is judges personal tastes, maybe next year I will actually get another demon too .
    You will, I have no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Congrats and well deserved on the win. I am bummed i did not see him in the case when i went through the "high speed" line ;(
    I didn't see any cases, if it makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by William T. View Post
    Congrats buddy!!
    Now I have to convince all of you to enter at crystal brush next year!
    People keep saying that, but I only have time for one con.

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    I smell Photoshop! Chad you got some skills~~

Hehe for real though, good job and congratz on the trophy!
    Well I was trained in graphic design, so I know how to fake a photo. Thanks, Elly.

Quote Originally Posted by Elric2k View Post
    I must say, I have watched this since it's inception and even I feel a sense of accomplishment having seen this go full circle! Awesomely painted miniature, an award well deserved sir!
    Thanks a ton, I am glad you enjoyed watching this.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanttheory View Post
    Gratz bud, glad to see all your hard work pay off.
    Not as glad as me, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by heavybolterbob View Post
    Congrats! I had seen this thread and was hoping to check it out in person at Games Day....never made it through the line to check out what was in the cases. I missed seeing the awards for your category; I won my first (silver) Demon in WFB Regiment and was getting congratulated in the crowd. Look forward to seeing what you work on for next year, and maybe I'll get to see it!
    Congrats, but I never got to see the cases either, so let me know when you take some photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewsayer View Post
    Congratz Chad, Great payoff for all the effort you put in mate.
    Thanks, stew, now you go win with yours!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofEdoras View Post
    Congratulations on the Demon, very well deserved. Seeing this in person is a million times more inspiring than on the web.
    Surely your best work. I thought the whole piece (including the banner) worked rather well and had a great flow to it.

On a side note, does anybody know if they announced where GD 2013 will be? Never too early to start.
    Thanks a ton, I always try to make sure each piece is better than the previous. So I am glad that you said that.

Quote Originally Posted by William T. View Post
    Should be Chicago again. As far as I know, they've decided to keep it in the same place.
    But we should all be planning!
    True, plan either way!

Now, on to some terrible news:
    So I failed my exam, now I am out of the nursing program, by less than 2 points. So now I will start doing commissions again. But NO ARMIES! If you want a unit, monster, or character then I am up for it. Hit me up in a PM.

Dooohhh!! Sorry to hear about the exam.

Maybe you can boil the GD and make soup out of it or smethin?
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Dooohhh!! Sorry to hear about the exam.

Maybe you can boil the GD and make soup out of it or smethin?
    Oh I am sure i can make some soup or smethin, mar.

sorry for the late response, but well done from me, too!
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

I'm sorry about the test Chad. 2 points??? Surely there's some sort of retest. That's insane - you worked so hard and you did really great with the scheduling and getting your entry done. Look at me, I fell flat on my face and didn't even have to worry about work and school.

And Mar - that Demon will be more like filet mignon as it goes to Chad's painting resume. A well deserved win that will help bring customers and decent commission prices. Rock on Chad!

Congrats on the daemon! I missed the herald & him just slightly in my last FW order.

Ugggh sucks about the exam - will you be able to try again? (I hope!) Looking forward to your next projects!
    My Rank -

Quote Originally Posted by me_in_japan View Post
    sorry for the late response, but well done from me, too!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynloch View Post
    I'm sorry about the test Chad. 2 points??? Surely there's some sort of retest. That's insane - you worked so hard and you did really great with the scheduling and getting your entry done. Look at me, I fell flat on my face and didn't even have to worry about work and school.

And Mar - that Demon will be more like filet mignon as it goes to Chad's painting resume. A well deserved win that will help bring customers and decent commission prices. Rock on Chad!
    Yeah, full time job, full time student, and tried to have a hobby. I wish I were one of the people that had parents that could pay my way, but there it is. I just painted when I could, which is why I only had one entry and I finished it the day before I left for Chicago and still did a few touch ups in the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Congrats on the daemon! I missed the herald & him just slightly in my last FW order.
    He is a great mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    Ugggh sucks about the exam - will you be able to try again? (I hope!) Looking forward to your next projects!
    Yep, and no I cannot retake the exam. I have to reapply for the program next year, and then just try harder I guess. But at least this time I will knwo what is on the exam!

heads up chadders dont get caught out they probably have several test they alternate between... so put the mini on the floor, step back place your hands on the manuel and study oh and good luck!
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    heads up chadders dont get caught out they probably have several test they alternate between... so put the mini on the floor, step back place your hands on the manuel and study oh and good luck!
    Oh I plan to buddy, I have already started. I need to learn how to focus on what the question actually wants and what response goes best with the individual diagnosis. That is what makes it tough. The questions are convoluted, and 3 of the answers are typically right, you just have to sort through and find which answer is priority. Which causes a lot of us to stumble.

It was good meeting up with you again this year. And congrats on the demon win! Model looked gorgeous in person, the pictures definitely don't do it justice. Can't wait to see what you have planned for next year.

And too bad on the test. I can't believe by 2 points...just show them your demon and hopefully that'll get you the extra 2 points

Quote Originally Posted by heavybolterbob View Post
    Congrats! I had seen this thread and was hoping to check it out in person at Games Day....never made it through the line to check out what was in the cases. I missed seeing the awards for your category; I won my first (silver) Demon in WFB Regiment and was getting congratulated in the crowd. Look forward to seeing what you work on for next year, and maybe I'll get to see it!

Congrats, but I never got to see the cases either, so let me know when you take some photos!

Not sure how to pull just this section out so I copy/pasted it. I assume by photos you mean some of my models? I haven't decided if I'm going to post them up here or not. Folks on here generally don't seem to go for bright models and everything I paint is to stand out on the tabletop for game play....and I LIKE bright models! I'll keep thinking on that one...in the mean time, photos of my unit ARE up here:

http://forums.heroicrealms.com/viewtopic.php?id=246

Its the forum for a LGS in northwest Montana that is owned by a couple buddies of mine.

I know the feeling Chad, I got to test number 3 of 7 for a city job in Cambridge and barely failed so I feel your pain. Sorry to hear that man, I may be able to help some for you but not sure how much.
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

So, uh, where's your DemonQuest 2013 thread? Slacker! Haha.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    So, uh, where's your DemonQuest 2013 thread? Slacker! Haha.
    After some photos tomorrow, if the rain stops it will be started. But it may be 2014...