TrystanGST's Golden Demon NA 2012 WIPs
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TrystanGST's Golden Demon NA 2012 WIPs

Default TrystanGST's Golden Demon NA 2012 WIPs

Chad has a great idea, and I hope he doesn't mind my borrowing it.

I'd like to separate my GD WIP from the rest of the stuff I fool about with.
    My plan for next year is to enter 3 categories. I have a 4th idea in mind, but I'm not sure I'd have the time for it.

1 (and my primary focus) - 40k single mini. It's going to be a full sculpt if a Space Marine Chaplain. Pewter doesn't lend itself to converting, and green stuff is fun. I've started work on this guy already.

2 - Warhammer monster. I've got a Terrorgeist coming. It's going to be awesome.

3 (depends on the category breakdown) - LotR group. I have a bunch of Easterlings that I could paint, assuming the category doesn't disappear.

4 (time and money permitting) - diorama. I have an ancient techmarine on a jetbike. I'd like to have him being chased by something suitably big and scary. The Forgeworld Brass Scorpion fits the bill. It's also $200. It's also a lot of painting. That's why it's a maybe.

Hope I can keep you guys interested. I am psyched to enter next year, and see how I stack up.

Cheers!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Not much to show (yet).
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Ky, U.S., Earth, Milky Way, Known Univers

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Chad has a great idea, and I hope he doesn't mind my borrowing it.
    I hope not either, cuz I wanna start one too!!!!

Hope I can keep you guys interested. I am psyched to enter next year, and see how I stack up.
    With that list, you have my attention! Though the toothpick through the neck looks a little painful and outa place

Though the toothpick through the neck looks a little painful and outa place
    LOL....I was thinking the same thing.

I have to say though, Chad did have a great idea...I might have to steal that idea as well. I guess you're planning on entering all the intense categories, so I'll keep to the easier ones hehe.

Oh reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyy now. I start a blog for GD 2012 and you guys start threads. I guess you guys will just have to visit there to see the minis that will give y'all a serious run for you money. And for old times sake, I'm seriously considering painting up a new batch of Riders of Rohan. I just want to see how many different horses I can paint to North American Nationals standards. When the thing looks like it can breathe at any second, that's when you know he's ready for competition. :P

Okay, just kidding guys...put the flamers away. I'm joking! (Not about the Rohan horses tho ) Great job Trystan! I'm glad to see you fired up for this. Get started and planned now, and then it's not your huge marathon painting sessions again! lol! My goodness those were something to watch, waiting to see how much the piece changed with every photo you posted.

So come guys - get your threads going! It's going to be a fun year with a lot of cool painting!

Subscribed, I'm in it for the ride, as well as shits & giggles on the side. I'm I'm joining any competition this year, I think I'd go a bit further and visit a GD in France, UK or Germany.. The GW Lowlands competition was ok but I would rather have gotten nothing at all for my second place instead of just a cheesy A4 sheet with my name on it..
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Nice, will be watching this one for sure.
    Now available for commissions.
    My Blog
    My Gallery

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Nice, let's see where it goes. I would love to see the diorama, but that does sound like a 2 year project.

Blog Entries

This is a great idea. I remember gunning for an entry in 2010, but never did it. I guess 2012 being the "end of the world" (big lol) may be a good time to start painting an entry. I will browse through the catergories, daresay something at least will have to be a scratch sculpt....

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

2012 eh, one bit of advice for you n your long term thread *beware of thread jackers, your bound to get their attention,sshhh * i will also be watching the progress you seem to be nailing this painting carry on no problem, i'd keep an eye out for chadders tho he reminds me of this fella
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    2012 eh, one bit of advice for you n your long term thread *beware of thread jackers, your bound to get their attention,sshhh * i will also be watching the progress you seem to be nailing this painting carry on no problem, i'd keep an eye out for chadders tho he reminds me of this fella
    I don't know what that means. Is it an insult? Coming from you, I'd assume so.

Thanks for the interest folks. I hope I can keep you around. Feedback is going to be critical, especially on these projects.
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyChad View Post
    Nice, let's see where it goes. I would love to see the diorama, but that does sound like a 2 year project.
    It WILL get done, if for no other reason than I want to see the reaction the jetbike will bring about. Whether it makes 2012 or 2013 will just depend on how everything else is going.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

*Eye Of The Tiger*
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Thanks for the interest folks. I hope I can keep you around. Feedback is going to be critical, especially on these projects.

It WILL get done, if for no other reason than I want to see the reaction the jetbike will bring about. Whether it makes 2012 or 2013 will just depend on how everything else is going.
    I say that if it takes longer, it's no big deal. I can't wait to see it, and I would rather it not be rushed. The idea sounds great. I hope at least you will post photos, and not be like that one guy who resorted to just posting little teaser photos to keep the readers interested. I HATE that guy.

Oh - don't worry. I'll be struttting my stuff about. I'm horrible at keeping secrets (well this kind). There will be no surprises when you see this stuff in person next year.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Oh - don't worry. I'll be struttting my stuff about. I'm horrible at keeping secrets (well this kind). There will be no surprises when you see this stuff in person next year.
    I know you are good about keeping secrets. You haven't told anyone about wetting yourself at Gamesday this year.

I know you are good about keeping secrets. You haven't told anyone about wetting yourself at Gamesday this year.
    I thought what happened at Games Day stayed at Games Day. Thanks a lot Chad.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I say that if it takes longer, it's no big deal. I can't wait to see it, and I would rather it not be rushed. The idea sounds great. I hope at least you will post photos, and not be like that one guy who resorted to just posting little teaser photos to keep the readers interested. I HATE that guy.
    i hear he went to school here!

LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

I thought what happened at Games Day stayed at Games Day. Thanks a lot Chad.
    I thought you wanted me to spread the "cover story" about why you were covered in urine. I didn't tell anyone that you paid those guys to do it, and call you cassar.

Oops...