Wet Nurse

Thread: Wet Nurse

Default Wet Nurse

Just finished the mini. Took forever but I am very happy with it. Pictures were taken with my iphone because all my studio photography stuff is in another state so the quality is not too great. Enjoy!

http://www.coolminiornot.com/284654

Last edited by Aliengod3; 08-06-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Well, I'm no fan of that mini, but that's a very impressive paint job.

Really like the color you chose for it, gives it a very HR GIGER look.

The right palm of the creature looks a little rough, but overall, this is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    Really like the color you chose for it, gives it a very HR GIGER look.
    I'm glad you said that! This was painted as a commission and the collector wanted the color of the mini to resemble the following HR Giger picture.

Thanks for the feedback Supervike!

nicely done...
    i like that everything has an overall, soft, airbrushed feel too it...
    the monochrome approach really helps the humans stand out...

good to see you are still alive and painting, brother...

cheers
    jah

great job on a very questionable mini! i assume you used the airbrush to start with?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Wow! I don't remember the last time that I posted on the forum, but this is pretty impressive. It looks almost exactly how I envisage it would look.
    Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    great job on a very questionable mini! i assume you used the airbrush to start with?
    No airbrush. Just a size 1 paintbrush for just about everything.

@ Lacton: Thanks for the feedback!

@ Jah: Hey man! How's the surf shop??? Yeah I'm still alive. I have been very focused on school so my painting time is rare these days. I'm hoping to paint more soon because I have alot of cool ideas for dioramas and whatnot and I'm going into painting withdraw.

That collector needs to be on a watch-list somewhere...

...or have his basement checked regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by DahikatunRijalun View Post
    That collector needs to be on a watch-list somewhere...

...or have his basement checked regularly.
    LOL. Thats hilarious!

Fantastic. Yes its creepy and disturbing, and it should be.

You have the colours perfect. I think the entire thing is amazing to behold.

Well done

Whoa! You DID NOT use an airbrush? Man, I thought for sure as smooth as it was you did.

Even more impressed now AG3.

Very impressive, Giger through and through. I would like to see a front view of the face.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Great job Damian!!! happy to see you are still painting Such a weird mini but you did it justice hehe
    My Rank -

I think that is one supremely ugly model but the paintjob looks very good.

Einion

Quote Originally Posted by 10 ball View Post
    Very impressive, Giger through and through. I would like to see a front view of the face.
    Here is a picture of the face. It was the only one I took before I shipped out the mini and unfortunately the lighting is pretty bad and the face is a bit out of focus

Personally I hate the content of the model but I can overlook a model for a great paintjob.
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

Newbie, please be gentle osiskars's Avatar
    Blog Entries

WTF? what were you thinking about... boobs? Nice sculpt skills and painting , but you could have put the talent to create more beautiful things! just saying , no offense , really stunning sculpting skills , but a bit repulsive. Probably was fun to make ,though...
    BTW I am only 19 years old... Criticism is welcomed and will be used to improve my skills.

Quote Originally Posted by osiskars View Post
    WTF? what were you thinking about... boobs? Nice sculpt skills and painting , but you could have put the talent to create more beautiful things! just saying , no offense , really stunning sculpting skills , but a bit repulsive. Probably was fun to make ,though...
    The sculpt is from kingdom death. I just painted it

This reminds me of really creepy early 90's games, like "I have no mouth and I must scream". It is very well executed and thought out. I would never downrate a mini post just cause it challenged me or made me feel odd if it's still a great job. This being one of those- good on yer for pushing the limits of the strange, bizarre and creepy here on CMON!