Pre Uk Games Day Painters Dinner

Thread: Pre Uk Games Day Painters Dinner

Default Pre Uk Games Day Painters Dinner

Welcome one and all to the Uk Painters Dinner,

This is a chance for all of the painters attending GDUK to meet up the night before, share some great food, have (quite) a few drinks and have a close look at some great minis!

Our table is booked at The Little Owl for 7.30pm, although we will no doubt be arriving a little earlier. When you arrive just ask for the Platoon Britannica table, or you can just follow the sounds of drunken escapades.

After our meal we will be heading back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel bar so everyone can have a gander at all the lovely toy soldiers without the hassle of the large crowd!

Also, are you a fan of drinking alcohol? Do you drink competitively or do you drink just for fun? Do you want to establish yourself in Platoon Britannica folklore? Take part in our prestigious Annual Platoon Britannica Golden Shoe Drink Off, competitors duke it out in a series of gruelling drinking contests to establish who will take home the Golden Shoe Trophy!

A few extra points, if you need a lift over to the Little Owl make sure you met up with everyone in the Crowne Plaza before hand, usually the hotel gives us a free lift over! Also if you are looking to share a hotel room (or floor) and struggling to find people to share with you can post in our find me a bed thread over on Platoon Britannica

http://platoonbritannica.c​om/index....​t-13705

look forward to seeing you all their!

If you are looking to attend can you please head over to the Facebook Page and confirm your attendance! its very important we make a large enough reservation for the restaurant!

That´s So Great to see that other Countries are organizing Pre Show Dinners as well, I would love to see this turning to the "standard" procedure as last year kinda thingy everywhere for Pre Games Day Schedules...... I think that you might also speak to some people at the UK Demon and ask why there is no Show Painting there since EVERY single other Event has it... It would be really cool if Games Workshop would create a Show Painting in the Uk as well, I am sure it would attract a lot of domestic and foreign Top Painters and with this a lot of more people to the GD in the Uk...

Have a GREAT Time at the Dinner and please do make a lot of Pictures......
    "I think we will see a lot of such diorams in the future because Pandora box is oped, interest is huge and forum butthurt is just great." --- Decoy

Simply Wonderful......

---
    Visit us at http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/ ...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cexwish View Post
    Have a GREAT Time at the Dinner and please do make a lot of Pictures......
    Am sure we will do matt and thank you! as for show painters we actually spoke to brian anderson about on the way back from germany, but he wasnt too keen on the idea, he said we have some of the best painters in the world in the eavy metal team why would we need anyone else

Oh God... This is Horrible and kinda what I thought this as the main reason for the Uk not to have Show Painting there...:S... Incredible... Did he really say that...??... I mean Show Painting would not take away anything from the Show, but instead ADD a whole lot to it...

I strongly hope Games Workshop will change it´s mind soon since No one doubts that the Eavy Metal Team consists of extremely skillfull painters, that´s not the point at all... The Idea of the Show Painting is to honour Painting Artists that have won in previous editions of the GD, to give us a Forum where we can meet up and talk about Techniques and where we can share our Work with a bigger audience instead of lurking around unnoticed on such a Big Event like the Uk Demon... If the People in Charge are in doubt about it they should get a Feedback from the Organizers in Germany (Alexander Thieme, who is Doing an EXCELLENT Job every year...)... He can confirm that a lot of people are attending the GD just because of the Show Paintings of Demon Winners and their Guests... It isn´t even a Question of the costs, since we can take care of bringing our own Paint, Brushes, Miniatures, Banners, whatever is necessary... Just give us a Table, a Glass of Water and a Showcase and it will turn out Great for everyone, as it does in all other Countries but the Uk... I really hope this reaches someone at the Studios that can speak in our favour (like Keith or Darren, hehe......)...
    Last edited by Matt Cexwish; 08-15-2011 at 08:44 AM.
    "I think we will see a lot of such diorams in the future because Pandora box is oped, interest is huge and forum butthurt is just great." --- Decoy

Simply Wonderful......

---

Its funny u should say that because u would have no doubt seen brian and alan merrit floating about, they were looking a methods for best practise. brian is attending every GD this year to see how close they come to GW core values and so far (with italy, oz and uk to go) germany is winning by a mile, he felt the atmosphere was fantastic and that awards ceremony was the best he is ever been too. he admit that gduk had alot of problems and he was looking to correct them, only issue is he was coming from a sales point of view. maybe alan merrit would be the individual to speak to about that?

Well, maybe Yes... Alan Merrit is -as far as I have understood- sent to a couple of GD´s to ensure that they stay as close to the GW IP as possible (has changed a couple of decisions in France and Italy, that people were not too happy about...), but maybe he sees the point in having Painting Demos in the UK to bind Top Painters more tightly to Games Workshop Painting Events... In Germany we guarantee to use Games Workshop Miniatures and Colours only and therefore advertise for their Product range (as people who see our Demos are trying to recreate the shown Effects...), so everyone involved benefits and a Great Atmosphere is Created...

However, it would be lovely if you Guys could have a serious, friendly talk about that with some people at the GD, maybe interview them about it and post the Answers back here on CMON afterwards...?... I think I will write down a couple of Questions that you can take with you, so we get a definitive answer on whether there will be Painting Demos at the GD Uk or not... I am optimistic that it will work out in future......

Simply Wonderful......

---

if u have a few questions matt ill certainly be more than happy to ask if i get a chance

I may just be tempted for this fella.

I'VE ADDED WEBCAM LESSONS NOW TOO!
    And a YOUTUBE channel
    Instagram and FaceBook too

sounds sweet, i´ll be sure to get there, might be late since i may go see spurs in wigan earlier however!

the more the merrier! just make sure you confirm ur attendance on FB so I make sure theirs enough space

Damn, me and my brother aren't getting there until the morning of Games Day...

Just hoping there's going to be some seminars going (missed getting the WD one this year)...

Yeh get yourselves along, the more the merrier!