Battle for Black Reach- Orcs

Thread: Battle for Black Reach- Orcs

Default Battle for Black Reach- Orcs

http://www.coolminiornot.com/285544 -voting
    I tested alternative for blending (that often takes too much time)
    and found speed NMM
    All metall on orcs painted in four layers- first basecoat, then three highlites with adding white (on boss and first few orcs-five layers)
    Profit- looks good,especially on table,where you can't maximize image in full screen
    Takes less time than blending. Boss was painted for a day,for example.
    Name:  photoshare.ru-7700242.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  326.2 KB

fair play, they look great, although i feel that they could do with dirtying up a bit, some rust for example
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Yeah but they do look very strong on the TT like this. It would look if done right, but with the red and brown that's already on the minis rust could just flatten them out.
    Awesome work, love the boss!

Love the contrast. They really look great.

Yeah very nice work.
    Now available for commissions.
    My Blog
    My Gallery

Don't change a thing. They're perfect!!
    Surrealism: You have two giraffes. The government requires you to take harmonica lessons.

Very cool. I'm surprised at the outcome with so few steps. Most interesting...
    The Future Of Magic Wash is Klear

supervike: This site is cake, the scoring is icing. Scrape it off if you don't like it, the cake is still delicious!!

Dragonsreach: Oh my goodness, an Orrery and the Time Machine, at this time of the morning. I think I need a stiff cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Countersunk81 View Post
    Yeah but they do look very strong on the TT like this. It would look if done right, but with the red and brown that's already on the minis rust could just flatten them out.
    fair point
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

These are really well done. I don't agree with the choice of nmm however these are so brilliantly done I don't mind it so much.

I'm impressed.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Broke n English

Lovely Jubbly, bright enough to catch the eye, and dark enough to be orky Good balance

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    fair point
    Yes, I thought so. That's why I made it :P

Do you have plans to do any more like this? Would be great to see you do some of the Character models in this style, think they'd look great

This is most impressive. NMM looks great from a distance and definitely gives character to the models.

I curious to have some details on how you did it, as well the steps invovled in painting the skin.

skin- scorched brown+snot green,then add goblin green,then pure goblin green,then goblin green+elf flesh+skull white

Excellent job! Did you find a tutorial somewhere for speed NMM or just bang it out on your own?

It was dedicated research, because i want nmm and i want it fast.
    About year i think about it and test something time to time,in last three months i go for it hard/
    There is dreadnought painted same way. I paint it for a day,faster then ork boss.
    Name:  photoshare.ru-7708849.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  86.0 KB
    Name:  photoshare.ru-7708850.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  108.5 KB

Really loving the blacks on that dreadnought. Looks like it was painted on a flat canvas rather than a 3D mini.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Fantastic dread. I had no idea visible brush strokes could look so good.

Edit: Okay that could sound like sarcasm. The armour - it's very interesting. And of course the metals are awesome
    The Future Of Magic Wash is Klear

supervike: This site is cake, the scoring is icing. Scrape it off if you don't like it, the cake is still delicious!!

Dragonsreach: Oh my goodness, an Orrery and the Time Machine, at this time of the morning. I think I need a stiff cup of tea.

I agree - don't change a thing - these look fantastic! I love orcs and trolls. I just find their faces and expressions so fun to paint and these are a fantastic example. They are especially well done, and I think you deserve a real pat on the back. Thanks for sharing!
    Visit me on the web at MamaGeekMinis.com!