It's time to do the next miniature exchange. So, following on from ME26, this is the official announcement to ME27. The organizers are:
Gohkm - Contact point for all issues regarding the Asia-Pac region.
Master of Fact - Cotact point for all issues regarding the UK/Europe regions.
vincegamer - Contact point for all issues regarding the Americas regions (including South America).
HOW TO SIGN UP
Reply to this thread, after you’ve read the rules and understand them, with your location and shipping preference in the following format:
[user name] - [current location] - ['willing to ship to' location]
Gohkm - Australia - anywhere
This indicates that Gohkm lives in Oz, but is willing to ship out worldwide. Shipping costs are on the shipper.
Please also send me a PM with your shipping details, screen name, real name, and if you have one an alternate email address. This information will be held by myself on a database and the only people to receive your address and screen name is the person sending to you.
The alternate email address serves as the back-up in case your primary email address is unreachable.
HISTORY OF MINIATURE EXCHANGE
TJeffers started this up in 2004 as he came to notice that he had more miniatures laying around in his drawers (not pants) than he could possibly paint and what once might have inspired him certainly didn't any longer. To give these old miniatures new life he hatched the idea for an exchange program. Modderrhu picked up the reins to keep things going, at ME10 mrJustin jumped in to the mix and later somewhere in between ME12 and 13 ZapotekE picked up the torch until ME20 when Undave, took over. OllieHolmes took over from Undave in 2010, and the flag has now passed [unofficially] to Gohkm and Master Of Fact.
THE GENERAL IDEA
Essentially a group of us get together from all over the world, dig through our piles of goodies, and ship off two (or more) miniatures that we're interested in seeing someone else paint. You, in turn, wait for a package from another individual with miniatures that you are supposed to paint as well (but hardly anyone ever does.)
So, basically, what happens is that you put your name down for the exchange and then when the sign-up period is over, all the names will be dumped into a virtual hat to be drawn out randomly. The first name drawn gets to send their unloved miniatures to the second person, the second person sends to the third, and so on. At the end, the last person sends to the first. Instead of being a direct one-to-one exchange, we follow the order in which the names are drawn.
MINIATURE EXCHANGE 27
Signup starts - 22 Aug 2011 (Mon)
List published - 10 Sep 2011 (Sat)
Exchange start - 14 Sep 2011 (Mon)
End of exchange - 3 Dec 2011 (Sat) - This should provide enough time to mail to all participants, as well as an improvised shipping time buffer in case something stuffs up. If you know you will have a problem shipping models for whatever reason, please let both myself and your intended recipient know ASAP.
NOTE: Dates are subject to change depending on circumstances. All updates will be posted to this thread, so please keep track here.
THESE BE THE RULES
1) You must send at least two miniatures. This used to be just one but we've upped it to two just in case the person hates the first one. YOU WILL NOT GET THESE BACK, so make sure you don't send anything you still want. There has been a tendency to send more than two miniatures. This is acceptable but not to be expected. The rule is at least two. This is not a generosity contest.
2) All miniatures must be in an untouched state. Basically, send it as you got it, in the condition it was when it was bought. This doesn't mean it has to be in a blister, however, just not mangled in any way. The minis are NOT to be painted or primed or pre-paints. The exception is if the minis were primed when bought, like Mithril minis. These may be exchanged since primed is their original condition. Exceptions to this rule are made by the participants and should be managed via private message.
3) If you wish to participate, you must be around. Don't say 'I want in' and then disappear off the face of the Earth for a month. Participants should be checking at least this thread once per week, and check your PM’s and e-mail. Participants will be allowed three (3) failed contact attempts via primary contact method, and another two (2) using the alternate email address. If all contact attempts fail, the participant will be blacklisted and removed from the current Miniature Exchange.
If a participant receives two (2) blacklists, said participant will be PERMANENTLY barred from any future Miniature Exchanges. Such a decision is final. If there is a genuine reason why you have been unable to make contact with either your intended recipient, myself, or Master of Fact, please do get back into contact to talk things through, however, excuses like ‘my dog ate the models’ will not be accepted, so be warned.
4) If you do not hear from either your sender or sendee within one week of the exchange list being posted, check with the listed contact points for your respective region, and then skip them! We will endeavour to find a new sender for anyone who has been suddenly left out in the cold.
This works in both directions, so if your sender can't be contacted get in touch with the person who was to send to them. PLEASE LET YOUR DESIGNATED REGIONAL CONTACT POINT KNOW THAT YOU HAVE SHIPPED, IF POSSIBLE CAN YOU EMAIL PROOF OF POSTAGE.
***IMPORTANT FOR FIRST TIME PARTICIPANTS***
5) First time participants, or those who are not regular CMON participants either on the forums or in the galleries (less than 5 posts and no minis), will be listed as FLAGGED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU SIGN UP as there are so many people doing the exchange that it's hard to keep track of who has and hasn't participated before. Anyone receiving miniatures from a FLAGGED participant should post to the forums when the package is received. Only when the package from a FLAGGED participant is received will the person sending to the FLAGGED member ship any miniatures. Should the FLAGGED member fail to ship miniatures out within two weeks of the commencement of the exchange then the person originally slated to ship to the FLAGGED participant will, instead, ship to the person that the FLAGGED person was intended to ship to. To make it as smooth as possible for the FLAGGED participant he/she will be teamed up with a receiver geographically as close as possible. Please post as soon as you have received the models to help make Miniature Exchange run smoothly, and avoid having the organizers run after people un-necessarily.
***IMPORTANT FOR PEOPLE SENDING TO FLAGGED PARTICIPANTS***
If you're sending to a flagged participant don't be tempted to send minis until they are unflagged as you may end up having to send out another lot if the flagged guy doesn't come up with the goods.
6) Failure to participate after signing up for the exchange will result in being banned from future exchanges. While rule 5 is intended to protect participants from new members failing to follow through with the exchange it does not address regular CMON participants who have, for whatever reason, not shipped miniatures to their exchange partner.
Courtesy Rule - THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL PEOPLE:
When you have received a package of minis, please do PM the sender and post in the thread - if possible with a picture. It's always nice to see what people end up with. By the same token, although it's not a requirement, if you decide to paint any of the stuff you get we'd all love to see it, as after all the idea of this is to get those models that sit around for ages out of the draw and onto the painting bench.
We had a few problems the last couple of times due to some people not chiming in when they had minis arrive. It's VITAL that we know when you have your stuff turn up as it can cause hold ups, especially where flagged participants are concerned. Please PM your sender and post in the thread if only just to say you got your stuff. The regional contact points will be chasing people if we feel they are not saying when their models have arrived and you will run the risk of being banned from future exchanges. This is only fair to ensure we all have a good exhange.
The list remains unaltered when a person is unflagged on the forum so please keep an eye on this thread to see when things happen. If you're sending to a flagged member please let your regional contact point know when you ship and if he misses their post saying they have shipped give us a nudge.
Despite all these rules, let's keep in mind that at the end of the day, all that stuff written above is simply to make sure that everyone ends up with a couple of fun minis and a warm fuzzy feeling that you may have made somebody else's day.
Let's see those names!
Gohkm - Australia - Anywhere